Things that turn you off when seeing a car offer

I'll start
>seller needs to overly specify he won't negociate the price
>changed rims or headunit and demands to pay extra for it
>"PLS DONOT CALL"
>excesive punctuation and overall bad text-formatting
>"absolutely nothing wrong with it!!!! I know what I got!!!!!"
>not enough pictures or rather really bad ones
>not putting the bare minimum effort to at least clean the car before putting it on sale

Other urls found in this thread:

panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/6044301481.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mfw wanted to buy an 04 subaru outback sport 5 speed manual from car lot
>mfw the first time i looked at it the price said call for price
>mfw 1 week later when i test drive the car the price is now 7900$
>fuck it test drive anyway
>gearbox is sloppy as fuck for a car that supposedly has 90k miles
>alignment is fucked
>interior tore up but exterior looks brand new
>offer 5k which is probably more than i should have even paid if i got it
>tells me we are one price lot hurr durr
>straight up tell him 7900$ is wrx territory
>tells me to go buy that then
> K

also the car was still there a few weeks later but now its mysteriously gone and nowhere to be found in town

>children in the pictures that don't come with purchase

>need it gone yesterday
Why? Is it up for subpoena?
Is it haunted by the ghost of the indonesian gilf who died from sepsis while hogtied in the trunk?
Is something wrong with its steering/suspo and you don't want buyers to know about it?
Does it whisper uncomfortable criticisms about your style choices whenever you open the HVAC vents?

I don't want a rush job. Slow your roll.

>778 - nine 92 - 3 six 13

fuck you, you dirty scum curber

People do this to avoid number gathering bots that sell your number to telemarketers

>private sellers in general
These cuntbags always sound like they don't actually want to sell their car, don't actually want to gain money and as if anyone asking about it is just wasting their time.

those don't exist

Those definitely do exist

>automagic
>all pictures taken from an angle that includes any one specific panel mysteriously omitted
>gay aftermarket wheels
>brand new tires!!!!!!
>they're shitty knockoff gook tires that cost no more than $40 apiece
>fram oil filter
>didn't even bother cleaning the car for the pictures
>"mechanic's special"
>"just needs this one $10 simple fix"
>"I know what I got"

>>all pictures taken from an angle that includes any one specific panel mysteriously omitted

Absolutely hate those, but there is also a more advanced level of this scum.
>no pictures of the interior
>pictures only with a few specific areas of the car (many w/o read or front)
>only one picture at all

If there's no picture in the ad I don't even bother to look.

>nissan parked next to car thats for sell.
I dont buy from scumbags

>low res as fuck photos
>"Why do you care? The price is already at its lowest, pointing out tiny flaws in a used car isn't going to make a difference."
>look at it anyway because it's around the corner
>huge scratches on basically all corners

>no odometer reading
>please contact Jose, Daquan, Mohammad or Habib

>no odo
>no vin

mentioning memories that have nothing to do with the car itself. Like "this was what I had before I got divorced so it means a lot to me". will always be some old fuck who will jack up the price since he thinks this adds value to anyone else

oh yes they do

Keyword section
Nissan GTR, Corvette, Lambo Doors, Supra, WRX, 2Fast2Furious, Dubs, 22s, 23s,24s,25s, 26s, swangaz, pokes, Cummins, Duramax, fourwheeldrive, awd, 4x4, 4x2, shitbox, Nissan GTR, v8, v6, v12, v15, Miata, SLAB, Metro

>no license plate

just tells you its a shady stealership

>Same post 10 times

>the monthly payment they quoted you doesn't show the interest rate they assumed
YOU FUCKING CUNTS, I KNOW THE MATH AND I WANT TO SEE HOW STUPID YOU ARE IF YOU ASSUMED I'M GOING TO TAKE A LOAN AT 20% APR OR ANYTHING ABOVE THE INFLATION RATE.

Grrrr I once saw almost these exact tags on a Toyota estima boongawagon listing

Estima/Previa is my dream machine.

>V15

>"will trade for (something 4x the market value)"

>dealership applies some kind of weird texture or dithering effect to their photos to hide cosmetic damage
>same ad listed 50 times
>same ad listed a few times with price dropping successively each time
>weird angles that show the 80% of the car they want you to see
>instagram filters ever
>almost any aftermarket part
>removing the trailing zeros from the price (e.g. $9800 car becomes a $98 car)
>rusted classic muscle body/shell for the price of a working used car
and finally
>black thumb covering license plate

>instagram filters
>Tfw I'm too ashamed to post my car online without them

Well it is a supercar true, but in nz it has the worst stereotype of any car

maybe YOU'RE a bot....

go to bed mazda cuck

>obnoxious sub box and shitty head unit listed as a "feature"
>any sort of suspension mods (aside from maybe something tasteful like putting koni yellows in on a sportier car)

If you come across both of the above in the same ad it's pretty much a sure sign that the car will be a massive heap of shit and the seller will be a massive faggot to deal with.

Stay btfo

What's the matter user? Can't handle all that power :^)

>as is where is

NO LOWBALLERS OR TIREKICKERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT... NO RUSH TO SELL SEROIUS BUYERS ONLY DEDICATED SELLER NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES

NO JOYRIDES AT ALL.....PERIOD!!!

weird my turn off is a white thumb covering license plate

ex

cuck

I genuinely thought that CL did this automatically to thwart bots

they do. That user is an idiot.

>high miles or no info about miles
>after market intake
>after market wheels
>after market exhaust

after market head units i can barely tolerate. i just want a stock car

do people really buy a car someone else has modified/used as a project?

As long as they kept it "tasteful"
>stock/unmodified exterior and wheels
>exhaust isn't loud as fuck
>stock suspension
>never wrapped or painted
Etc..the list goes on

>obnoxious sub box
Means they probably fucked the wiring too

I don't see why people care so much about head units.
They're something that you're supposed to change as technology progresses. I don't want a cheap 80s headunit, I want my good, modern Alpine one.

>so triggered he went outsuide and took pics just to prove user is a racist

>no cubic capacity or any info related about the car whatsoever
>uses a bait price like €1 to bypass the price ascending filter
>emoji to hide license plate

>>those don't exist
K

I get not wanting to buy a car with serious mechanical modifications, but a fucking head unit scares you away..? Do you sleep with the night light on and wear your tinfoil hat everyday too?

I probably just 8 sum b8 but are you serious??? If someone wired it in I can understand, but most head units are plug and play these days

>fuck Craigslist
I'm just trying to sell a reliable motorcycle at a reasonable price.

funny thing is, that won't stop the bots from getting your number

you shouldn't be posting your number on Craigslist ads, make them email you for it

They could be moving and can't take it

>Can't even be bothered to take your little nigger offspring off the hood for a decent picture

>If someone wired it in I can understand, but most head units are plug and play these days

Not if they've added subs or something. I can see it being a red flag because I have seen some hood-ass fire hazard shit lurking behind the head unit on otherwise reasonable looking cars.

>called an ad for a mkIV golf (idk why, it was somewhat close to me)
>guy has mexican accent
>here we go
>so have you replaced anything?
>"jes I replace timing belt, water (pump?), brakes."
>any receipts on that stuff?
>"no I do myself. I mechanic, work in de garage"
>oh and I see you replaced the turbo too (bait)
>"jes I did de work good, mucho fast"

yeah nah

Fair, and I agree. I'm talking about just a head unit in it's own. My car has and aftermarket double din BT/USB and it was all plug and play with harness no splicing and dicing. My car has a sub as OE, the head unit complimens it much better than the weak OEM head unit

>its a lot of miles for a bike

Is this guy retarded or a nigger? The ooga-boogas in my city put like 900 miles on a 'busa in a year and call themselves serious.

I put 29k miles on my bike in 2 years and I can only ride 8 months of the year because it's New England.
If it is a little 250-300 starter bike then that's a lot, but I feel like most people with cruisers that are serious put those miles on a bike.

>Put bike for sale
>Enter phone number in proper syntax using integers
>Bot emails and phone calls from niggers telling me they can sell my bike for me
>Change phone number to fucked up words and integers
>Sell bike

>Indian/arab names
>p-plates in the picture
>gaudy after market wheels
>no road worthy cert

>listed as negotiable
>do not ask me what's the last price

Regardless of the offer, it's still absurd for the seller.
You tryin' to raise your Barter skill?

who actually falls for this shit?

>niglets
>parental discipline

fuck man that would shit me as a seller.

I remembered when by brother was selling his car he got countless 'offers' from people without even fucking looking at the car. some cunts even acting like they are Mr Swaglord saying dumb shit like 'if you give me for $x today I'll come right over now with Cash'

like fuck off cunts.

and what is with the whole 'what the last/best price?' question? especially not even giving reason for why they should get a lower price

it sounds so fucking indian-like and rude.

the seller is trying to make a profit for himself not some fucking retail store or dealership for someone else.

no wonder when you text sellers they sound a bit abrasive. they probably get that shit all the time. even funnier when you read the description and they say stuff like "I don't care how much cash you have on you today, if you want to discuss price you come see it in person"

>not using MSpaint to edit out the plate

Fucking dumb cunt phoneposters I swear.

I'm parting out my E30, so far it's been going really well. This guy texted me yesterday.

>No more time wasters
>Serious viewings only
>Already had people show up and not buy
This just tells me the car is fucked in some way

mfw when my dad is a dirty Mexican and sells cars. he tells my brothers wife who is white to sell the car always get asking price

Yep. Either the seller is insufferable or the car is fucked.
>Already have 5 offers!
There's a reason 5 other people passed it up.

>Car drives well for its age
>Excellent running order
Checked it's MOT history and it had the check engine light on

>No more time wasters
>no pointless calls, do not disturb for nothing
Gee golly lad, pleasure doing business with you.

>mfw
>no face

Mexicans usually do have that blank retard stare most of the time so this checks out

If you don't cooperate with buyers, then that part-out is going to take a long time.

So what was your counter offer?

I do cooperate with them. How is that picture not me cooperating?

I'm assuming it was a TDI then since it had a turbo? I just bought an 02 golf tdi last month and so far it's not bad besides needing a few repairs and an annoying ass chirp from the serpentine belt or one of those pulleys. I should've kept looking for a different car though it has the alh engine and is slow as shit. Might as well have just went with a Civic or a Camry or corolla.

>New Jersey

I'm so sorry user.

you didn't respond to him

It wasn't even a turbo it was a vr6 I believe. I was just seeing how stupid he thought I was. I guess they're used to trying kind of kindergarten level ruse?

I've wanted to try a Golf but always talk myself out of it because of the issues I've heard. Don't not much about the TDI but tune it possibly?

>>removing the trailing zeros from the price (e.g. $9800 car becomes a $98 car)
now this is what really grinds my gears
>specifically set the filter to something like, say, below 4K
>get like 5 or 6 ads that chop off the 0's
>usually like 15 dealer ads for the same new car, a 35000 car that doesnt get filtered because it's listed as "$35"

fucking hell. This is why I now set a lower limit, like 1000 at least

The screenshot didn't go any farther. I texted him back and we talked for a while. He actually didn't want any parts that I had so it was no big deal.

You can tune the TDI fairly easy wether it's with a chip tune or a full re map of the ecu. I don't bother with it because I just use mine to get to work and school but it's definitely possible. However if you tune it you need to upgrade other things as well like the injectors and if you have a manual, the clutch.

CIA/NSA pls go

>z34 is only 15k, only have 10k atm
>Fucking amazing condition, only 30k miles. No doubt other people are trying to buy it
>"If you need time to come up with the rest of the money, I'll hold the car for a 500$ non-refundable deposit."
>k
>Next day get rest of money
>Seller and car nowhere to be found and number is blocked
>Even police say they can't do anything because I agreed to hand him the money
Am I retarded? Or was the seller a scumbag?

>covering the plate
>in a craigslist ad
Srsly why? It just makes it look suspicious.

both

>implying after market intake, wheels, and exhaust is a "project" car

All that Shit can be taken off and replaced with stock parts in an afternoon's time. You'd be suprised at the nice Shit you can pick up from buying other people's "project" cars. As long as you don't pay extra and don't buy from teenagers, Mexicans, and blacks, you can walk out with an already decently set up car or at least some extra parts to do whatever with.

Quick! Save it before they lift it and put high profiles on it!

I've got a 2.5 and it's very solid, over 160k miles, I've done reasonable stuff, chain tensioner, plugs changed to iridium at 40k and and 120k etc etc, decent power compared to a Civic. Wish I had the diesel tho

That's like an obvious druggie scam my dude... kinda your fault

Both you fucking idiot.
Rule number 1 is never exchange any money unless you're getting the title right then and there.

Any shit like this from his name to the description of the vehicle

If you get the diesel get the bew engine it has like 150bhp compared to the alh 90 hp.

You've never seen a deal so good that it made you impulsive?

>look at ad
>3 pictures of car, all of the pics are dogshit
>ad is written in full caps
>talk to seller
>go see car
>its actually immaculate

Do you people even go on craigslist?

>se hablo espanol
>manuél transmission

there is no point in countering a retard low offer.

ahh I don't really have to deal with mexicans around here, mostly just rednecks.

These scam bots are my pet peeve. They've been EVERYWHERE lately and it's like they're not even trying...

panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/6044301481.html

>amg wheels
>honda
not to even mention the other shit wrong with the ad.

Every car listed for less than $6000 here in Colorado is being sold by a mexican.

>Colorado
found your problem

I saw that EXACT same ad earlier on Craigslist here in my area, same pic and everything. I wish I could find it but it looks like it was taken down.