/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Dampened and indelibly stained with the misery of flight:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2nFOQWlQuTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Warmth is locked behind being a successful Grapist

Fuck you From.

*black crystals out*

>1 post early

oh new thred
Is parrying online players easier to do than parrying NPCs? Cause I can almost consistently parry PvP nerds but im shit at doing it on PvE

>darklurker
i don't think I've EVER been quite so absolutely fucking furious at a boss before

Wait til DLC2

ds1 has lame as hell bosses and the interconnected world falls apart when you hit anor londo.

which boss are you referring to
i want to begin seething now so I'm prepared

I remember reading somewhere last year that vitality is actually pretty important in das3 and raises phys def as well as carry weight. Does this hold true? Is there a point where investing into VIT is more useful than vigor?

shut the fuk up

Why use?

>implying being a grapist is hard

NPCs are much more predictable with their attacks, there should be nothing stopping you from parrying them.

I dunno man, the stamina and damage absorption penalty seem pretty great. If you're fighting a guy who's tanking with a shield, chip through it with this spell.

t. shitter who hasn't even played the DLC, nor has a sorcerer character who can use it.

pvp tends to be more predictable

it's pretty

>spawn as a cop to Ariandel
>just above the drop to wolves
>see the invader's health bar at the bottom of the path leading to Follower's Javelin
>run in
>get swarmed by wolves
>die at the same time as the invader
>+1 proof

wew cool parry my dude peep this

I know that already that's why I'm asking.
For 3 more int you could get snap freeze which is a million times better. (why the fuck aren't the rest of the mist spells like this?)
You got me there.

Hey guys, not played since before DLC1 and grabbed the SEASON PASS when the 2nd was announced.

Does /dsg/ use the Undead Match at all? Like with a password and shit?

Is Valorheart good? Been having a lot of fun with it.

just use pyro

>invade as a grapist
>get ganked by the host and his summons
>get ganked by other invaders

Being a Grape is suffering.

youtube.com/watch?v=2nFOQWlQuTg

I know, his voice is awful.

I actually want to slap the shit out of the stupid nips who designed Rosaria's covenant.

>we're going to let players change appearance in-game, how can we fuck up this simple improvement?
>lets tie it into respecs for no fucking reason, and cut the number of respecs into less than half of DS2
>let's also do a shitty Lautrec quest mirror, but unlike DS1 reviving with her soul doesn't let her talk or increase the respec number so taking it back is worthless compared to trading for the miracle or popping it for the fucking 5000 souls
>make her rank 30 reward a fucking shit magic staff that only scales off LUCK

This is also disregarding the release state where you'd have to join till after Twin fucking Princes just to avoid shitting up Sirris questline.
God I hate this dumb bitch so much.

well other than pre-frostbitten weapon your other option is to try to get maximum buildup by using twin weapons
still won't be very good though

The way /dsg/ whines about its parry frames, getting them feels so good.

>Point Down
That's fucked up.

That's why I got my shackles in Crucifixion Woods and Farron Keep, you get the occasional Watchdog to help you out and the environment works against them (if they try to gank you, lure them to the Black Knight or giant crabs or Elder Ghrus or Corvian nest). Most times a Watchdog will be willing to help you out since he knows that he gets nothing from killing you, but you both stand to benefit if you kill the host.

we posting parries?

>two passive-aggressive demons with toxic attacks
>when one dies, another awakens as demon prince and goes apeshit on your ass with lingering hitboxes and spamming so much projectiles fight looks like it's straight from 2hu

I guess

guys I just had a thinked though yeh

the profaned flame that sulyvahn found, the one that never fades, what if it's the pygmy's lord soul? not the dark soul we know (which could easily be a by-product of the whole burning souls thing), but the honest to goodness real flame that the pygmy found on the day of creation.

the cathedral of the deep directly references the pilgrims and their "butterflies" that burst from their back, the butterflies instead of being generic dark actually being on fucking fire. Possibly a result of the dark flame reclaiming the emptiness left within the humans when the flame was separated from them. By going "hollow", the londor pilgrims know, you are taking more of the dark soul within your body, to be lit with power once the true profaned flame reclaims it.

In this vein Sulyvahn was putting all of his effort into ending the age of fire not to create an age of dark or "the deep", but to be the next Gwyn and ultimate god of the second age of fire, he would create with his profaned flame.

Sulyvahn was using aldritch, leoric, the cathedral of the deep, even the sable church of londor, to take the fire off its mantle so he could put his onto it, and become the true "dark" lord.

but then Ludleth and the guy who linked the flame and merged with the soul of cinder came and started another age of fire anyway, and fucked him over.

>tfw 80% of my white sign grapist sessions are hosts actually willing to cooperate
Just put it at some of the lower populated bonfires where you don't see white signs often.
Being a Grape is fantastic.

Freide is the only boss that's pissed me off in the entirety of DaS3.

>Haha ok that was pretty easy
>Oh it's not over
>lol 2 boss
>Phew that was tough but it's done now
>LMAO 3 PHASE! 3 PHASE LMAO!

Didn't help that I was doing her for the first time on my NG+6 character but still, just throwing 3 bosses back to back with one of them being a 2v1 is irritating.

Battle Axe or Reinforced Club for PvE? I made a mistake.

But who Linked the Fire if it wasn't Ludleth? Why were all the lands of the Lords brought together but not Gwyn's and Ludleth's? Why wasn't Gwyn brought back? How did Ludleth get to Firelink Shrine after Linking the Fire IF HE HAD NO FUCKING LEGS?

the ashen one who would become the soul of cinder literally put him there

OH FUCK

I never realized that shit before

I summoned Gael specifically because of that three phase bullshit.

He does a pretty good job of drawing Friede's attention during the second phase so you can slap the gimp to death without having to worry.

>when it happens to you

welcome to the entirety of the ringed city

every boss has 3 phases, except mother of dragons

she has 6 phases

>behind the back

god damn I wouldn't even be mad at that

>the ashen one who would become the soul of cinder
soul of cider is not an ashen one

I'll bet Ludleth didn't even Link the Fire. There's no lore on Courland, we don't know what the Soulfeeder was. We get no message from killing him, and he isn't strong. He says he will die a colossus, but we have no clue what he meant by that. What's his deal?

In all my Funsword use I still haven't gotten one. Plenty of sweet blind parries though.

>Can equip way of blue in the middle of an invasion

Feel like this isn't really fair but then again otherwise blueberries would never get summoned.

>Ashen One

Did you not fucking read the Soul of Lords description? SoC isn't a single person, it's a manifestation of EVERYONE who has ever linked the flame.

you can do this??

I always put on way of blue when I summon a phantom

Oh shit. You're right. He dragged him back just like the Ashen One drags the others back. But what happened to the dude? Why is he a manifestation now?

the best type of parry is the five-seconds-before-they-actually-attack parry

ashen ones are previous linkers of the flame who are brought back when not even the undead succeed

they collect the shit they need to collect, and then link the flame

when you link the flame, your soul merges with the soul of lords, which then inhabits your body

when you link the flame in-game, you become the new soul of cinder, or at least your body does.

the soul of cinder, in the game, is the body of the guy who linked the flame in the cycle just before yours. the guy that we can see fucking around with corpses in the intro sequence.

my theory is that this guy who is probably our dark souls 1 protag because fanservice got to experience first-hand all the other lords fucking off to eat people or murder each other or whatever the fuck they did, so when he finally managed to link the flame he put ludleth on his throne and chopped his legs off to make the next guys job a little bit easier.

that's what Ludleth is crying about when he's sleeping, the lord of the previous cycle abusing him like a ragdoll and then setting him on fire.

>Lightning Storm
>It's not the thing SoC does in Phase 2 where he shoots up 1 spear and a fuck ton of thunder spears come raining down
>Instead it's some low-tier looking miracle where some poor quality lightning balls go across the ground

>Why wasn't Gwyn brought back?
because Gwyn actually linked the fire and there appeared within the manifestation of the first flame rather than wake up on his own. The biggest part of that manifestation too

>Valorheart vs Washing Pole Running Attack spammers

Oh my god it's like they can't understand any other strategy no matter how many times they lose a trade because of it.

>slap my sign down outside Pontiff
>get summoned by a host who wants to duel
>Farron Legion Armor
>Dark Sword + Target Shield
>spams parry whenever I'm near him
>never once manages to get it
>continues until I kill him

When was the last time you encountered a manifested meme

Can anyone tell what's in the background there? What architecture is that?

read when you link the fire you merge with the soul of lords, which then inhabits your body.

before linking the fire, the BODY of the soul of cinder was an ashen one.

>why were all the lands of yhe Lords brought together but not Gwyn's and Ludleths?
Because Ludleth is voluntarily sitting on the throne already.
>why wasn't Gwyn brought back?
Because he was killed and his power absorbed a million times by various Chosen Undeads?
Besides the fact that he's already in the personification of all the people who ever linked the fire in the first place, the Soul of Cinder.

Ludleth cut his legs off WHILE SITTING ON THE THRONE.

>Armor of the Soul of Cinder, a deific manifestation of the Lords of Cinder, who linked the First Flame.

>It exists as a symbol of the great Lords and the noble act of linking the fire, though it is no more than an empty husk

Except it's not.

No
>Since Lord Gwyn, the first Lord of Cinder, many exalted lords have linked the First Flame, and it is their very souls that have manifested themselves as defender of the flame.

Oh okay. Guess I'll just quality my shit up I guess
Thanks for the help. I can never get the details for the scaling down in any of the games.

you literally can't tell, but almost every other part of the intro takes place at the fire shrine.

But that doesn't explain the other Lords of Cinder NOT in the Soul of Cinder.

well then could you kindly explain what said manifestation is doing dragging corpses and other types of fuckery?

Ludleth cut off his his own legs.

The first phase is barely even a phase c'mon now.

My personal gripe with the Friede fight is phase 2 which takes a million years and then you get into the third phase which is like Maria's super sayan mode with full health while you have none. In my opinion after you clear the second phase once, you don't have to do the first phase Friede or Ariandel anymore within that playthrough and continue with Friede second phase and third.

Pretty recently

>2DEEP4UMEMEZAKIISAGENUIS

Basically that.

because you are an undead and undead can literally never die.

when someone comes after how many thousands of years, and kills you to take your mantle as the lord of cinder, you respawn at the last bonfire.

That doesn't answer the question.
Why all the guys that linked the fire came back?

literally tell me where in the game anyone even mentions ludleth's lack of legs, let alone the source of his leglessness. unless I've missed something, it was always left as a mystery.

>get summoned to help with Aldrich
>The Devourer
>Dark Armor + Corvian Scythe
>dies to phase one arrows

I need to start taking screenshots more often, the most autistic people play these fucking games.

>Killing someone with Artorias Flip

There is no better feeling.

If you mean the 4&ludleth, I don't really think they actually linked the fire. As for the rest, the 4 playstyles are what prevailed out the total of people who linked the fire
Literally cut content. We were supposed to do that too and the firelink set was originally pushed as the posterboy, under the name "red knight". At some point they realised they couldn't balance the mechanic, allowed you to make 1 bonfire (firelink) to make some use of the assets and kept the clip of SoC dragging the body because rule of cool. If Zullie is around, she might be able to show some of the animations that WOULD be used to drag coiled swords out of other bosses before the whole thing was scrapped

because the soul of cinder inhabits your body when you link it.

when the next undead/ashen one comes and kills the previous undead/ashen one who linked the fire, said undead/ashen one rises again. because undead can't die. ever. they literally cannot die, even if they're just ashes from having burned in the first flame for a thousand years.

hence, ashen one. made of ash.

you're telling me?

The game says they linked the fire though.

So which girl in dark soles has the best soles?

Is HONOR BRIDGE the only thing people do in Undead Match?

The brawls sound fun as fuck like when /dsg/ fcs went ffa, but I've never managed to get one.

I got summoned and ran face first without thinking into Aldrich just today and had that happen, it was only for Anri and I still felt embarrassed.

Is this the guy from the previous thread who was tweaking the original?
This is beautiful

user, answer the fucking question, why the lords of cinder who linked the fire aren't part of it then?

they explicitely linked the fire, only lothric did not link the fire

they came back because they are undead and undead cannot die. to proclaim that the first flame possesses a magical quality that permanently kills the one who links it is to, in the game world, create a fantasy of death.

nothing kills an undead, they just come back when the flame fades, no matter the circumstances.

>games kicks you offline if your frames dip too low
>lets you play with 3rd world ping

What the shit From.

I'm literally telling you. the soul of cinder is an amalgamation of their souls, not their bodies, I'm not that guy.

their souls amalgamate into the soul of cinder, but when they are eventually dethroned their soulless body respawns somewhere as it has always done since the beginning of time.

The game also calls Lothric a LoC when he clearly hasn't linked the flame. I also wonder what the "unspeakable means" refers to.
:3
where is a chosen undead, then? not only gods linked the fire, the game basically calls them upstart lords.

No one plays FFA or Team Brawls on xbone anymore. I've only ever gotten 1v1 matches.

I've heard that brawls are full of casters who just steal kills with Chaos Bed Vestiges or Crystal Soul Spear. Would still like to try my luck in a big battle but the playlists are dead on xbone. Guess I'll have to wait until the DLC comes out...

By that logic, Gwyn and Chosen undead would be around somewhere else
>souless body
>drop their souls when you kill them

you can turn down your settings but you can't change your third world internet

Demon's soles > Dark soles

you know nothing

Unlike Kojima, Miyazaki doesn't spend a million years worldbuilding all the small details in his games so that everything is coherent / explained by something / connected so I feel like with Dark Souls people think that there's a hugely detailed backstory going on in the background with the most minute details of it laid out in Miyazaki's head and it's all just ready to come out together in a neat package somehow.

But the truth is that From is just winging it based on the feedback they've gotten from the previous titles / DLCs, they go with gameplay first and then work the story to fit the gameplay.

There's nothing wrong with what From is doing but From's vague way of storytelling falls apart when they are doing a direct sequel to something they weren't prepared to do a direct sequel to originally, especially when they had Kingsfieldsouls 2 in the middle with it's completely unrelated plot in the middle needlessly complicating things.

It's kind of like telling your wife you went out with your friends while you were actually fucking her best friend and you thought up a story that covers your ass to a certain point of the night but then she asks what happened after that and your story starts to fall apart because you hadn't thought of it all the way through.

>squatting

an ashen one is merely an undead who had linked the fire in a previous cycle, and became ashen. non-undead who link the fire obviously don't respawn, so people like gwyn never come back.

as far as the story is concerned, the game implies that either:

1. no undead rose up to link the flame, causing the ashen ones, previous linkers of the flame, to be forced from their graves

2. so many linking cycles have gone past that virtually no reasonable number of non-ashen undead exist, hence why all humanity you find is an ember, the pilgrims of londor burst into flaming butterflies, and there is an odd fascination with "the deep" that people seem to have almost forgotten what humanity is at this point in the games timeline.

hexers are a perfectly fun and viable dark souls three build!

Nowhere the game says Ashen ones liked the fire though

you should know from playing the game how easy it is to collect souls. you could probably step on a cockroach and get like, 50.

>hexers
Hexers don't exist in DS3 as well as hexes.

Priscilla.

I think it's in the Skull Ring description iirc.

>an ashen one is merely an undead who had linked the fire in a previous cycle
wrong

laggy parries I guess

you'd have to be pretty mentally challenged to not understand what an ashen one is when the game explicitly points out that lords of cinder and ashen ones are basically the same goddamn thing.

I mean the boss souls, unique to them. O&S and Friede's boss fights even show using souls midfight to become stronger, so the one they drop is the original thing

Undead Settlement might be Courland since you just happen to find a Transposing kiln at the settlement manor.