Buying one of these tomorrow

Redpill me on E30s

Other urls found in this thread:

realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

poo

stuff that fucking pill up your ass

E30 is literally the best documented car on earth. fucking faggot.

No, do your own goddamn reasearch.

Www.google.com

>maint issues with _____

Why not get an E24 instead? A nice E30 these days costs more than a nice E24, unless you are really going to put time and money to make the E30 a performance car stock for stock the E24 is much better

Watch out, the snap understeer in these fwd buckets fucked up a lot of drivers

This is not the right place for redpilling. There's shitload of forums on Internet, but in a day you'll get nowhere, so might as well go with your gut feeling.

E30 is a nice car, but it demands a lot of TLC, and if you're not willing or not capable, it's not for you.

And here, take this, you'll need it: realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

There is so much info you hardly even need to look for it.
Become part of r3v and all your questions will be answered.
As a general rule you will need to overhaul the cooling system, vaccuum system and bushings

>overhaul
Not to mention it is a good idea to replace all the fluids (engine oil, brakes, steering, coolant, transmission) in the car right after you buy it - you never know what's been put in there and how long it's been there.

That, and new tires. Including the spare.

And I'm sure there'll be a lot of grief as you dig in. Buying and old car is like waking up in a bed with someone after a heavy drinking night- "OMFG, yesterday she looked just fine, but now look at those crooked teeth, cellulite ass and dirt under fingernails!!!"

>thissss
but then you have to date the fugly bitch

Yeah, but you could wipe off the ugly makeup and wash her out in a bathtub, and then, given the right BDSM^H^H^H^Hpersuasion, your life could be a dream. Just don't get attached to it like I did to my E39, and you'll be fine.

Unreliable junk
No. The corolla is.

I owned a 325i sedan with 276,000k for about 5 years. Very reliable in terms of gear box and engine, the gear stick will probably be all over the place in terms of slop (the shifts will still be positive though) you can fix this but put a short shift in when you do it. You can ring its neck all day long.

You don't really want to do a clutch on one if you can avoid it, it's only about $300 aud in parts but getting the bolts off the top of the bell housing is a pain in the arse and you need loads of extension bars and a mate. Make sure you go over the vacuum lines because it will probably leak. I've also driven a 323 and 318is, the 318is is the only other one that had any "fun" about it (325i is the way to go). Wheels in Aus where I am (4x100) hold an insane premium as do other features like the overhead check panel and leather sports seats, so it's way cheaper to find one with as much gear as possible on it.

Fuel pump and filter are worth changing too because no one does them and the fuel pump will neck itself pretty easy if the filter is clogged.

Other than that they're actually insanely easy to work on and all of it can be done DIY, all jobs will be online somewhere/Download a Bentley manual.

What's meant to be the average price to pay for an E30 in Aussyland? I've been looking for a while but they seem so overpriced.

>318is is the only other one that had any "fun" about it
Read up on it, and you'll understand why (tl;dr: shares a lot with E30 M3).

That was the car I fell in love with back in 1999 (when I couldn't even drive stick).

OP - looks like you have something in mind already, but if you don't, always aim for the last year of the line production, BMW adds a lot of stuff there that is not available in earlier ears. Also, investigate online (realoem link above) what factory options were installed in a specific car if you can get the VIN beforehand.

h3h3,epic trole senpai

Every old car is unreliable, and who cares, e30s fit almost all parts from e36 which are cheap as shit. Also OP if you are getting it with that bumper please kill yourself.

I have a 1990 325i so its post facelift (plastic bumpers) with shitty airbag in it.
These cars are incredibly easy to work on and are super well documented. Join an online forum like r3vlimited or bimmerforums and you should find an answer to any question you might have.
The M20 is a solid engine that can go in the mid 300k miles if maintained properly. First things you will want to do on the car:
>Replace timing belt, water pump, thermostat, belt tensioner
>Change engine oil, transmission and diff fluids
>Check for leaks (most common place is by the oil filter)
>Adjust valve clearance, change valve cover gasket plus rubber grommets while you are there.

Yeah I'd done a bit of reading when I drove it but I always imagined it would be just a hopped up 318i (gladly wrong haha)

Average prices when I Bought were around 3-5k for a nice 325i/318i 1-3k for anything else and 10k for 325is I paid $4500 but I made the prev owner sort everything out for a roadworthy (have to have one in ausfailia the car mod hating capital)

Now the 325i is about 5k for a 4 door beater and 7.5-13k for a decent one (lower for the more door whores obv).

The H3KTIK kebabs have been hoarding them like no tomorrow and parting them out. Kind of spoiled the scene in Melbourne/Sydney to be honest, it went from 'hey everyone lets help everyone' to idiots yelling at each other on facebook groups because they don't like each others wheels. I bought a JZX100 Chaser when I sold it and the scene is awesome, everyone is super helpful.

nice 325i/318is * I meant

Also the current pricing is exactly why I went for the JZX100, I figured the jobs on the car I had would gradually become much bigger and the M20B25 engine is going up in value too much to justify it.

I'm 25 so its a bit hard to justify having a classic and another car at the moment, but I kinda do regret selling it. It was more fun thrashing through the gears in corners than the Chaser (chaser is press the gas and im going to jail)

>prices in dollars
I hope those are not US dollars, 'cause that'll be WAY too high.

>buy an old piece of shit
>it shits itself
>wtf vag so unreliable

.76c - 1usd

Australia is essentially an island and one of the most expensive places to live in the world. Melbourne is the 6th.

Never be surprised by Australian prices, 24 beer cans ( a slab) is 40usd here

Do your own goddamn research.

E30s are meme-taxed now btw, no longer worth it.

Mine saved my life. Great cars. Look out for rust, same as any 30 year old car.
Seriously, make an account on r3v, the community is great and you can really learn a lot.
In stock form, they're great cars, and they also offer great tuning potential, if you're into that sort of thing.

>Adjust valve clearance

Oh yeah. Those fuckers get clackety as hell if it's never been done lol

>everyone's face when it sounds like a sewing machine coming down the road

What do you want posted on this board? (not op)

They are meme taxed though I agree

Haha even with adjustment they tick like crazy.

Were you the dude what got his legs broked, or was that another red E30 crash on r3v?

Severely overrated econoboxes that seem like they were built 15 years earlier than they actually were

Get the fuck out of here max

No, all 4 passengers walked out without more than a scratch. I posted about it in the users rides section.
It wasn't my fault though, a truck ran me into a ditch

Nope but nice try kiddo

Buy it and sell me those sideskirts senpai

You won't regret. Great car with cheap upkeep for a car of that period. If it's a 6cyl make sure the timing belt gets changed

This 318is owner here. I've owned 2 e30s the other had an m10 so 318is is nice for me. Less maintaince than a 325 as well.

>M42
>less maintenance than M20
Yeah if you consider replacing your tensioner, half of your guides and sprockets to the tune of $500 at 100,000mi better than the M20s easy and cheap timing belt jobs every 60k. M42s are garbage, but M20s are decent, M10s are boat anchors, only any good if you boost the shit out of them.

they're overrated, overpriced, and a 325i was proven to be slower than a Kia Cee'd

>slower
Who cares? It still drives like a dream, while other cars drive like bricks.

Get one, you'll understand what I mean.

I've owned one, and a stock E30 drives like an 80s shitbox.

>stock BMW
sorry, I don't believe that. I've driven a lot of them, and even "entry level" wannabe models drive differently. If you're talking about not having power, that I can believe, but that is barely in the picture compared to handling.

Still, feel free to explain what non-stock mods make E30 cease driving like a shitbox.

I had one, and even stock it drove way better than my other '80s cars. Yours was just worn to fuck, probably had original bushings and a sloppy rack. Once I put stiffer springs, a faster steering rack and a better dampers on it, it was a dream. As for being slow, so what? There's more to fun than doing a 10 second 1/4 mile.

E30s are overpriced, but not overrated. They are legitimately good cars.

well, maybe I'm just spoiled since I'm used to driving 80s Mercedes cars :^)

hah
here
80s Mercedes drive like boats compare to an E30. I had a W124 300E (24V version) and while it was a really nice car to drive it was all luxury and little sport whereas my E30 was little luxury and mostly sport, except for the steering rack. BMW's biggest mistake with the E30 was putting a slow progressive rack on the car, it sucks shit.

>mfw an e30 is literally slower than a corolla

E30 fanboys are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise

Its a bland econobox with a bmw badge
Deal with it

They are no better than other options from the same Era that are cheaper, in fact they are worse than a lot of other options
Deal with it

And the only good model the m3 is a horrendesly overpriced gutless 4 cylinder shitbox that is still riding on its mediocre racing history against front wheel drive and dated econoboxes
Deal with it

>E30 fanboys
>are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise
Most retarded statement on Veeky Forums right now
You literally defined the word fanboy
Every car has a fanboy
get real

AE86 fanboys are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise

Its a bland econobox with a Trueno badge
Deal with it

They are no better than other options from the same Era that are cheaper, in fact they are worse than a lot of other options
Deal with it

And the only good model the Sprinter Trueno is a horrendesly overpriced gutless 4 cylinder shitbox that is still riding on its mediocre drifting history against dated econoboxes
Deal with it

Thanks for proving my point faggot
E30 is pretty much a European ae86, except from a later Era Lmao
What does that tell you? E30 was outdated shit when it was new

Silvia fanboys are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise

Its a bland econobox with a Nissan badge
Deal with it

Deal with it

And the only good model the S15 240SX is a horrendesly overpriced gutless 4 cylinder shitbox that is still riding on its mediocre touge history against dated econoboxes
Deal with it

W124 fanboys are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise

Its a bland econobox with a Mercedes badge
Deal with it

Deal with it

And the only good model the 190 E 2.8-16 is a horrendesly overpriced gutless 4 cylinder shitbox that is still riding on its mediocre racing against dated econoboxes
Deal with it

Supra fanboys are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise

Its a bland econobox with a Supra badge
Deal with it

Deal with it

And the only good model the MKIV Twin Turbo is a horrendesly overpriced gutless 6 cylinder shitbox that is still riding on its mediocre movie history racing against dated econoboxes
Deal with it

>s15
>240sx
L
M
A
O

BMW fanboy cuckold trying this hard to deal with his ass hurt and makes himself look like an ever bigger retard
Kekk

RX7 fanboys are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise

Its a bland econobox with a Mazda badge
Deal with it

Deal with it

And the only good model the FD RX7 Turbo is a horrendesly overpriced gutless two dorito shitbox that is still riding on its mediocre racing history against dated econoboxes
Deal with it

found the Silvia fangirl

i'm liking where this is going

>S15
>240sx
/sigh

Volvo 240 fanboys are so rabid and cannot take the slightest opinion about their beloved shitbox that isn't blind praise

Its a bland econobox with a Volvo badge
Deal with it

Deal with it

And the only good model the Volvo 242 Turbo is a horrendesly overpriced gutless 4 cylinder shitbox that is still riding on its mediocre touring car history against dated econoboxes
Deal with it

How to make a Nissan fanboy mad in one easy copypasta

E30 323ti

Why are you replying to me with that nonsense string of alphabet soup? I don't know M3 from M9

>trying the old russian reversal on someone who is obviously bating you successfully
oops

>no no i was only pretending to be retarded!
Typical

I wasnt the one triggered into copy pasta'ing btw lmao

>still trying to reverse it
You can't conceal your asshurt scrub

timing belt + water pump
do cooling system when you replace intake gaskets
valve cover leak
cap + rotor needs to be replaced
battery tray rust treat asap
get a bunch of vacuum line and rtv for elbow joint to intake
adjust valves
if stock exhaust check the rear hangers/clamps
door locks will be fucked at some point. rebuild tutorial on youtube
fuel pump oem replacements can be pricey, consider wallbro 255
rear defrost glass often stops working due to wiring near speaker panel
bushings and other general wear items

>projecting
Rabid e30 fangirl literally this mad at the /facts/ i posted lmao

The e30 and AE86 were out at the same time retard

>drive like boats
Stole the words from my mouth, damn it. Yes, boats.