/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889
youtube.com/watch?v=zdtVCvKxLJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=2lLCaZSE9wI
discord.gg/011l9DB6qWt9B4bzO
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-14-snes-preservation-project-dead-after-package-lost-containing-usd10k-of-games
github.com/Themaister/SSNES-core
snescentral.com/gameindex.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MAME IS SHIT
some group needs to fork it and make it usable.

Just gonna ask here since the last thread died, but anyone recommend a JRPG or lesser known game for the PS2?

Can melonDS be the next mGBA? Find out in ... year(s).

Legend of Dragoon

Soft-modded my Wii years back and just pulled it out of storage.

I have no clue how any of this works anymore. It doesn't seem to read any gamecube games loaded onto my USB.

sad day

Why would someone need to fork that shit? Better create something new altogether if MAME are being hated so much.

Remember to not be like byuu and make friends.

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889

bump

How do I input combinations on RA? I want set "A" + "B to close RA.

So there's no native support? Good idea thought, think I can use DS4Windows then.

Why does CEMU 1.7.1 crash every time I try to use it?

It might have to do with shader cache because every time I boot up Mario Kart 8 the first time nothing wrong happens, but after that I'm basically fucked and can't run it without it crashing

I did transfer my saved games from previous versions of CEMU

I feel like I'm the only person with this problem

how well does PCSX2 OGL run on RX 480?

Not that well, something about AMD's opengl driver being inefficient. You can still use it of course but it will be slower than its dx11 counterpart.

bampu

1,866 hours in SFM... Not hard to guess what this degenerate cooks up in it.

where can i get wiiu games for cemu?

I'm sorry, but I cannot help those who do not help themselves.

PS3 emulation with higher resolution rendering and overclocking when?

10 years.

LMAO BYUU AND HIS PRESERVATION PROJECT CAUSED THE LOSS OF SOME GERMAN DUDE'S PAL COLLECTION DURING SHIPPING

MY FUCKING SIDES HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK YOU AND YOUR PROJECY BYUU, NONE OF US WERE ACTUALLY GOING TO SEE THE FRUITS OF IT ANYWAY

Melonds is amazing. I hope he implement wifi. He is only one can do that.

Sunday: no drama on #retroarch
Tuesday: In 45 minutes drama about byuu, liberals, money in conspiracy theories, Disney, child peagants.

I suggest you properly watch UC (0079, Zeta, ZZ and CCA plus the OVAs) before getting into the games, the games are not a good substitute for the TV series, OVAs and films.

>Where does one start?
See above.

>Also, will I have to play in nipponese?
No. There are some PS2 Gundam games in english. I personally love Encounters in Space (lets you play the space campaign from a lot of series, kinda play like Armored Core), Gundam vs Zeta Gundam (plays kind of like a fighting game) and MS Saga. The latter is a flawed JRPG. Some people love Zeonic Front (vaguely similar to the old Rainbow Six games, with autistic mission planning and all) for some reason.

Reminder that @emugentxt2 is cataloguing your shitpost

Remember when MAME actually removed code because some buttpained collector threatened them?

Followers: 2, mum and daddy

>literally 2 followers
stop shilling your shitty twatter account

sad I will never get to play this youtube.com/watch?v=zdtVCvKxLJ8

screencap this

Vs on Puyo Puyo Tetris crashes Cemu.

Gimme my daily IRC logs!

You seems so mad about byuu. What did he do to you, exactly?

It's not my account
I don't even have a twitter you fags. Do you know what a bookmark is?

He bought and scanned all those USA games using donations from the community and what did he give back? Fucking thumbnails

Good riddance, hope SP rapes him in his sleep

I'm trying to connect this new Xbox One pad I got over Bluetooth, but windows refuses to acknowledge it.

I've updated the controller firmware, and my Bluetooth adapter works, as I can connect my phone to my PC.

Any ideas?

>Why doesn't /emugen/ like byuu?

>It's really just the same one person there sockpuppeting and pretending to be 30 different people. I am amazingly successful at attracting stalkers and serial harassers that follow me everywhere online, play out false flag operations by impersonating me being (an even bigger) jerk elsewhere, etc.

Only one person has posted today according to byuu.

Just chiming in to say that I hate byuu too
Didn't make a byuu related post in this general yet.

Everyone knows emugen is one person

I don't dislike byuu, but I find him to be interesting and obtuse. I find his current predicament funny, schadenfreude and all that.

>using donations from the community

So you donated to him and are butt-hurt because you got nothing in return? What did you expected exactly? Full-size PNGs and binary dump for every single SNES games in your mail box? Only a fool would expect anyone uploading GBs of ROMS and scanned pictures on the internet, it's all your fault for having too unrealistic expectations, weirdo.

11:41 < larrykoubiak> well now you have Alex Jones lol XD
11:41 Alex Jones unfortunately made a shitload of money
11:41 off the conspiracy stuff
11:41 I listened to him around 2007-2009
11:41 but I tuned out afterwards

Nobody here really likes any emudev.

I didn't donate crap to that wanker. I know better than to give money to him. Now what, just because I didn't donate it means I can't judge him on his shitty behavior?

Besides, it's not really donations, its crowdfunding. These people pooled money towards common purpose yet what did the so called community get out of it? Fucking thumbnails! If he wants to feed his SNES obsession why doesn't he use his own damn money? Oh right he's broke.

How do you add an update to a Wii U game for Cemu? The wiki says to open the rpx with the update but if you do that, Cemu can't load the game and if you try to load it after the game is running, the option becomes grayed out.

Do I simply copy and paste the update files over the the main game's files?

how far does Citra emulate pokemon moon? i started it and it seems to run fine but i don't wanna get into it if it's just gonna crash midway

>Do I simply copy and paste the update files over the the main game's files?
I think so, yes.

What makes software renderers more accurate than hardware ones?
You have stuff like angrylion which is superior accuracy wise from almost any other plugin and mednafen which has a very accurate PS1 emulator despite being in development for less than any other PS1 emulators
Even in PCSX2 you have a software mode which is more accurate than the hardware one.
Why are software renderers inherently more accurate than hardware accelerated ones?

Its gonna crash midway so don't bother.

Because the graphical operations that run on the GPU are much faster but don't always match those the console performed. Doing it in software means you can do it exactly as the original did it.

>tfw found a software renderer bug in PCSX2
>tfw gregory responded once but then seemingly forgot about it

Is it Z-fighing in Okami by any chance?
I was about to try and find the version that broke it

Nah, this in SC3: youtube.com/watch?v=2lLCaZSE9wI

>I didn't donate crap to that wanker

Then why are you so mad and still bragging here every week or so much about it after all this time? I don't get it.

>These people pooled money towards common purpose yet what did the so called community get out of it? Fucking thumbnails!

The real question is: is there anyone who donated that felt cheated or scammed?

If not and if these people were aware from the start they weren't paying for full scans, why should we bothered that they gave him money?

I guess you are similarly mad with every popular emulation project that get donation money from end-users? What do you think about Libretro getting $1000 per month?

>every week

I haven't been here in months m8, accept that lots of people hate that guy's attitude already.

I'm fine with libretro making their money. They're better people than Byuu can ever hope to be. Especially Maister

Xbox controllers don't use bluetooth; if you want to use it wirelessly you need an Xbox One controller adapter.

Also, you could just plug it in with a standard USB micro B

>I'm fine with libretro making their money.

How surprising ;-)

Are there any ROM master collections kicking around? IE a large collection of ROMs for N64/SNES/NES/C64/Gameboy/Game Gear/Sega Saturn in a single download?

If not, is there anywhere else I could ask around or sites that would know of one? Thanks in advance!

BT adapter must be 4.0 version.

And update controller firmware with xbox app from windows store by wire.

>If not, is there anywhere else I could ask around or sites that would know of one?
Gee, I don't know if the information might exist on the page you are currently on.

>You have stuff like angrylion which is superior accuracy wise from almost any other plugin
Angrylion is the most accurate plugin.

>What makes software renderers more accurate than hardware ones?
Because GPUs aren't general purpose like CPUs are, so they are less flexible.

can anyone add this to the op? discord.gg/011l9DB6qWt9B4bzO

Why?
The answer to your question is "Yes". Anyone can add it, they'd just need to make the next OP.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-14-snes-preservation-project-dead-after-package-lost-containing-usd10k-of-games

Those comments are fucking gold

>wouldn't it have made more sense to send the ROM dumping equipment to Frankfurt, rather than sending hundreds of games to the US?
This guy has a point, right?

But then byuu couldn't say he did it all by himself

What the fuck....

There are already projects to dump CLEAN ROMS (without headers etc) such as ReDump, No-Intro and TruRip (some are Disc only though).

What sort of NUMPTY sends that much stuff uninsured?

What sort of NUMPTY sends that much stuff to a veritable stranger.

He could have purchased the hardware to dump the ROMS himself for the cost of ONE of these postages.

This whole thing is a candidate for the Darwin awards.

Be careful there m8, if you point out any more retardation on their part the byuu internet defense force is gonna jump at you

Even sending the dumping hardware over would be more safe.

If we shitpost enough, do you think byuu will commit hari krishna?

What's your problem? They make good shit and unlike byuu they put the money towards useful shit like buildbots that compile and test their nightlies. They take hardware donations and integrate their software with the stuff and make sure it works.

What the fuck did byuu do? Give the community as a whole a bunch of scraps in the form of thumbnails? Fuck that noise.

Nope

>They make good shit and unlike byuu
top kek. Why did they fork byuu's emulator instead of making their own :) ?

github.com/Themaister/SSNES-core

>byuu is shitting up the thread again
Pathetic.

Reminder - they are not poor, they have cash. Even 'poor' SP or mudlord have thousands in arcade and computer stuff.

I love free market capitalism
its wrong
rofl
wouldn't be able to live without it in fact
my entire day revolves around it
I've made hundreds of thousands thanks to the stock market, so yeah...
that's not honest work
but it's the game everyone is playing
yea same here but with acquisions and selling off companies
get a brokerage account as your first step
once you've done that, fund it and start gambling on leveraged ETFs
tehcloud: when we sold our first company, I put my dividends into a CD, and the interest alone paid all my living expenses
that will let you build up a solid base for real investments in dividend-yielding assets
this is what I don't get about people who want to make money in emulation
there is no money in emulation
spend your time on the stock market if you want to get rich :p

It's in the nointro dsiware set. If you have a hacked 3ds you can play it.

I can't blame them for being suspicious given the information they have available to them.

I can see why they think I'm just trying to scam $7,500. They probably aren't aware that I've already spent $35,000 - $40,000 on SNES game cartridges. They don't know about the two new revisions I've found, or the three bad dumps (marked as verified) that I've found. Or the half-dozen bad dumps KingMike found already (the Japanese set will easily be the most surprising of all, as it's the least dumped.) They don't know about cartridge memory maps. They don't realize that this isn't about *me alone*, it's about me verifying others' verifications, and vice versa. They don't know that the dumping equipment is one of a kind, and exceptionally technically complicated. They think I'm handing out ROM images when I am only providing hashes. They weren't made aware that more than anything, I just want my damned package!! ;_; If someone can help me with that, then there's no need for any donations.

The only part I'm kind of tired of seeing that I think is rather foolish, is people who keep telling me to go do all the work in Germany. Like I have $2000 for the plane tickets, that I can (let alone want to) lug my computer tower and scanner with me across the ocean, and then can take two months off work while I stay in a foreign country whose language I don't speak, paying for I guess hotels every night.

byuu would never post on Veeky Forums, stop LARPing.

>They think I'm handing out ROM images when I am only providing hashes
Then what's the fucking point?

Go to nointro page and look for roms idiot.

Alright lads, been having a bit of an issue with some controls.

I'm using a wired Xbox 360 controller to play ePSXe games. However, it seems that the left stick doesn't quite work "hard left". That is, if I'm playing Crash Team Racing, I can't make a sharp left turn.

The problem is unique to ePSXe, and then only to certain games such as Crash Team Racing and Ape Escape.

I don't suppose anyone has any advice? I've tried reconfiguring, but that didn't get me anywhere.

Why would I do that? There aren't any there.
Again: What's the fucking point?

>We'll preserve a list of hashes rather than the data that actually matters and allows future generations to experience these ROMS

>yfw cemu will run breath of the wild in 60 fps with 4k graphics just in time for the full version of the game to come out

how bad did nintendo blow it?

1. Nobody cares about hashes unless you got the piracy to back them up. You better shove all those proper ROMs into the pleasuredome good set if you care about the current state of affairs. What, you think you'll fix everything? Buy $40k worth of ROMs, properly dump them and give out hashes to people so they'll know their sets are shit and will continue to be shit until someone else goes the distance? Either go all the way or fuck off. Let No-Intro do their thing.

2. Where's all the technical information about the cartridges you're supposedly compiling? You want us to give a shit about your little obsession? Show us the data.

3. Where's the scans of the boxes? Nobody cares about your project if you're just gonna keep it all to yourself anyway.

4. You don't wanna spend $2k but are willing to risk other people's huge collections by using unsafe shipping? Both you and the fool who shipped your shit are at fault for being this retarded

>There are already projects to dump CLEAN ROMS
byuu has already found two PAL games in the no-intro set that were bad dumps.

Jesus christ people how fucking hard is it to dump a fucking ROM? Do you need to unleash all the four dogs of electronic engineering to do it?

>3. Where's the scans of the boxes? Nobody cares about your project if you're just gonna keep it all to yourself anyway.
snescentral.com/gameindex.php

It is a lot more complicated than you'd think.

Which ones?

Good

Can only remember one off the top of my head, some Spiderman game. Byuu posted the byte differences on his board.

Makes me kek every time I see it.

can someone explain to me why byuu losing 10k worth of snes games is a bad thing?

Some were rare and it may be hard to find replacements to dump.
They weren't his so he has to pay the guy he borrowed them off for all the ones that were lost.

Is there any shader that can blend vertical dithering like in Earthworm Jim? Maybe a blur shader, as every NTSC shader only blurs horizontally.

just use the rotate option and turn your monitor on its side

I would lose the horizontal blur...

bump

Open your controller and sandpaper the slots where the sticks pass through. Or use a program like joy to key.

Already back to the end of page 10. Should just let it die, desu.

> 6 years ago

Unfinished crap i.e classical Retroarch state of work

bparker and tehcloud are known mythomaniacs though, we used to make fun in their back

Bumple.
Slow today. Are all the regulars out with their girlfriends?