darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer for non-backers (apparently audio missing?)
MusketMod v2
mega.nz/#!l8ECxAIA!qKG1tfFdX0Dcd54U4YTZTYseshZjIrTc31stp3YHGQk

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/262060/announcements/detail/514936758243293747
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best girl in two different games.

>no more (embed)

>generic anime girl with vibrant hair
>better than the default heroines
That really afflicted my sanity.

>anime
Fucking whore ass bitch needs to learn.

Why is the Arbalist so terrible? I don't mean in a gameplay sense, skills are fine and i fucking love the Musketeer, but from a visual perspective.

To begin with you wouldn't know its a she if not for the bumps in the armor. The armor is also stupid, rather heavy plate for a ranged character. And her weapon is ridiculous, an oversized crossbow. And finally why is she exclusively black? There's nothing in the character itself to really explain it, rather there's an air of "uhh we need a token black" instead.

tl;dr arbalist a shit

Yeah I ended up leaving after both my Jester and Occultist were crit down to 0 HP.

Spoonfeed me. The fuck are you talking about?

She's some chick from RWBY, a western webtoon.

>RWBY
Neck yourself.

It's Audrey from Huniepop, a game that released the same time as DD (EA technically) and the Grave Robber's official name is Audrey.

PD best gril

debate me

>wouldn't know its a she if not for the bumps in the armor
Boobplate is pretty dumb, you're not wrong. Though her origin story clearly represents her as a little girl, so even without the boobplate you'd still know provided you actually read the lore.
>rather heavy plate for a ranged character
Considering she isn't meant to be a mobile character, a rather moot point. It'd be nonsensical if it was the highwayman with heavy plate, but she's not a nimble character like the HWM.
>her weapon is ridiculous, an oversized crossbow
That's just a matter of opinion.
>why is she exclusively black
Do you really need an explanation as to why there's a black character? Would you like one for the only Arab on the roster as well? There's no explanation for the recolors of the MaA or the Hellion or the Houndmaster, and the MaA's recolor doesn't match his origin story, why aren't you complaining about those?
This is just being anal-retentive over literally nothing.

That bitch was literally worst girl. Best was work-out girl.

I've been cruising pretty comfy so far in Veteran but it seems like Champion is a whole nother game. Are there really encounters where its better to just fucking run or was your party composition not good enough for it? What exactly happened in that fight? I havent run into that PD looking guy yet.

>And her weapon is ridiculous, an oversized crossbow.
Do some research before you make yourself look like an idiot next time.

funny thing is I expected her bow to be bigger because I was used to the Etrian Odyssey Arbalest

>Considering she isn't meant to be a mobile character, a rather moot point.
Still, you can have a more sensible looking armor on a ranged character. Something more in line what the skeleton bowmen look like, a kettle helm with simple breastplate etc instead of the overtly busy looking plate getup she currently has.
>Do you really need an explanation as to why there's a black character?
Other characters have varying skin colors, showing that many different people practice that vocation and it makes sense. The Occultist and Antiquarian are middle-eastern looking only, and it fits their style and background. And thus, if you have a character that's only black, you'd expect it to have some meaning.
It's not some huge problem, but like i said it reeks a bit of tokenism.

Overall the Arbalist is the weakest of the heroes in terms of visual design. I doubt there are many who genuinely prefer her over the Musketeer.

>tfw the shrieker oneshot my occultist
haha epic

>Other characters have varying skin colors, showing that many different people practice that vocation and it makes sense
This only makes sense for the masked characters like the Crusader, the Leper, and the Plague Doctor. Otherwise you have "many different people" who all look exactly the same, just with different skin and hair color.

The PD-looking thing is a Virago. They dodge half your attacks, mark you, and turn corpses into mushrooms that block healing skills. Because of the mushroom thing you're pretty much forced to kill them first, and that user's party didn't really look cut out for back-row damage.

>oneshot
There's literally one ability in the game that can oneshot.

I assume they just meant full(ish) health to death's door

>stun: 245%
>dodge: 48%
so would he just have to abandon the quest all together? He has a clear 100% of room battles or does abandoning reset the encounter mobs too? I've only run from bosses (shambler) so far.

he crit'd my occultist for 29 damage followed by a deathblow.

>Because of the mushroom thing you're pretty much forced to kill them first
Without the mushroom they're pretty useless. Because of that I ignore them and let dots finish off the other guys so there's no corpses left.

I think she looked better in the concept art (upper left.) The big armor and big crossbow makes it look like the designers were trying too hard to make her look cool. It'd be like giving the crusader a Cloud Strife style sword. Concept art Arbalest is more down to earth.

She's okay.

I wanna see more of musketeer-chan tho.

>tfw no dickass thief with a variety of blight and debuff poisons and backrow backstab attacks

Damn, haven't seen that before. Agreed on all points, much better looking character there.

I finally encounter my second collector (the first I ran from to change skills, and he fled) in a veteran long mission. Easily one of my favorite encounters because of how spooky he is. Sadly the reward was pitiful considering I had all 3 heads a long time ago.

Threadly reminder that I have a bounty to pay. Gotta post this to hold myself accountable.

>team defeats swine prince
>the collector
>AND SHAMBLER
in one mission

at what cost though...?

I think Dickass Thief might have been an early concept Grave Robber.

Also, user is right about Arby being exclusively black. Occultist always being brown skinned makes sense since he is based off the Mad ARAB, and his non-European style clothing suggests that he came from somewhere far away.

Antiquarian has a bit more emphasis on being a foreigner from a distant land, but she has different skin tones available to her. This has the benefit of making it hard to pinpoint exactly where she is from, making her origins mysterious.

So Arbalest is always black, but there isn't anything distinctly black about her inspiration or background, like there is with the occultist and his Arab-ness.

I find it a really odd decision. Arby was introduced before they added multiple sprites (before, you only had one version of a hero, and always had blonde Grave Robber, red haired Hellion, etc) so either it was just a coincidence or the character designer wanted all versions of the arbelest and occultist to be the same skin color for a reason.

Yeah encounters stay the same as well. I ran from the quest after the Giant shuffled my party, the Virago marked the Occultist and Jester, the Mushroom man crit the Occultist and then the Giant crit the Jester. Thankfully the Occultist resisted the blight, but after that I decided I needed to just leave the mission.

>shrieker mission happens with only 1 lvl 4 hero, Dismas.
>figure ill level some heroes to lvl4 before attempting to face it
>take some onto a veteran gather quest in Weald
>first thing I see
>collector
>mission before this one I faced Vet Collector he took from me my Vestal after a long, stressful fight
>It's suprised
>grave robber crits
>marked by Occultist
>bola for big damage
>Reynauld stuns
>next turn, grave robber crits again
>turn three, all nice hits and kill collector before he even does anything besides collect call

Looks like this will be a good misson.

Next space was a secret room with Junia's and 2 more Trape's. Praise RNGesus

>bola for big damage
isn't bola just a weak knockback? sniper shot would be the big damage

Anyone try playing on Radiant Mode? Does it make the game "easier" or simply reduce the grind?

I've been doing it for the acheivement, it just reduces the grind and makes level restrictions a bit more lenient. I did 2 years of progress in just one

Some stuff is made easier
It's way easier to get gold (gems are worth something like 2x the original, gold stacks higher)
It's much less grindy

What's your favourite line?
Mine has to be "The cost of preparedness. Measured now in gold, later... in blood."

there's nothing wrong with an armoured archer

>What's your favourite line?

"Foolish horrors, brought low, and driven into the mud!"
or
"Dazed... reeling... about to break."

lets do this

>foolish
It's "ghoulish".

no it isn't.

It is, try turning the subs on.

BACK TO THE PIT

That's entirely about delivery though.

Many fall in the face of chaos.
But not this one.
Not today.

A sister of battle, pious, and unrelenting!

You still get the achievement if you beat the game on a higher difficulty setting.

>Well struck!
has a good delivery to it. Though all the critical hit lines are great to hear.

More dust, more ashes... more disappointment.

no

you get a bit more gold, leveling is slightly faster, upgrades are slightly cheaper gold wise, the stage coach is a better

it in absolutely no way affects the gameplay or the actual dungeons, you're just playing it on turbo mode.

The most important thing is that you keep your heroes that go into the darkest dungeon although they come out severely traumatized. I think you can turn off getting them back or if you really want to play it "properly" just dismiss them after each dungeon.

not the biggest jewening, but it went okay. collectore didn't take the bate

He will be laughing still...

In the End

>It's way easier to get gold (gems are worth something like 2x the original, gold stacks higher)
thats actually a balance change for the entire game

>When you finally get all the Ancestor's trinkets
I never need to look for another Shambler again.

So last time I played this was just before the Cove was released on Beta. Is there an easier way to level up a brand new team? The most frustrating part of the game for me was when I had a partial wipe, and I couldn't use my higher level characters to boost fresh characters.

if you play radiant mode (which is like the regular mode but faster) then you can send higher level dudes on low level dungeons

dudes also level up faster

steamcommunity.com/games/262060/announcements/detail/514936758243293747
consider radiant mode, you can send level 4 guys into apprentice levels and the level requirements are slightly lower

All it does is make maintenance easier though right? Because I liked the rest of the game.

yes, the stats of of all characters and enemies stay exactly the same so you don't have to worry about it being "easy mode", its just quality of life mode

I'm on Day 87 and I'm able to take on the final Darkest Dungeon mission. Will I be able to complete the caretaker's other requests after I defeat the Heart of Darkness?

it doesn't affect the actual gameplay

you just get more cash and things are cheaper pretty much

it just makes the whole thing a lot quicker

yep

>start a NG+ run
>second real dungeon, medium-length with leper, bh, pd, and vestal
>spiderfucks mark down vestal, she's dead
>keep going on, quest's almost over anyway
>the fucking collector
>kill him, but he gets the pd as his final act of vengeance
>doesn't even have thre decency to drop a head, get a stun stone instead
At least I got four trapezohedrons out of it, but fuck that was awful.

Dope
Time to send Reynauld and Dismas to the final frontier

are you bringing your first Vestal and Plague doctor along with them? For the ultimate Red Hook experience

I wish, but I lost my first Vestal a while ago and I might've already sent my first PD through an earlier mission. I have another level 6 Vestal and PD that I can bring along with me instead.

crit to 0 then bleed i'm guessing. if thats the only healer then it is a oneshot. even the, occ is pretty fast, so it is likely he would have moved before anyone could heal him

Can confirm that the new Musketeer mod is missing audio. No sweet gun shot noises. Can anyone fix it?

I would If i had a single clue how.

not as bad as walking into 4 spiders with full health and getting marked+critted+critted+critted and dying on the first death's door

sniper can't hit pos 1, and he spooped it so all his goys got to move first

i assume he meant big damage (for you) for the move

like if you hit 15 on a nervous stab

"wealth beyond measure, for a task well performed"
>chill dude, its just a torch

>Wealth beyond measure

Consider me triggered Outlander

is there any sort of mod that lets you lock in a trinket so it doesnt unequip when you unequip all?

REEEEE NECROMANCERS GET OUT

When will Darkest dungeon get a loli mod?

Hopefully decency will prevail and degenerate fetish filth will go elsewhere.

>SKREEEEE

I want to kill horrors of the deep with lolis and watch them go insane.

you got him right where you want him senpai

>Manually spawn the Shrieker for science
>Only get negative quirks
Serves me right for killing those four I guess.

dazed

reeling

>have dismas in my party
>find his head
wat

not all Dismas

Wolves are at my door, I am sending lvl 6 team to die fighting them off

MANY FALL IN THE FACE OF CHAOS

Je suis toujours dans le coin user.
I'm still around man, and I will be when you post it.

>French
>Plays the game in English still
Based indeed.

Guys, I killed Vvulf and everybody is afflicted, but alive
got 4 ancestral trinkets and vvulf trophy out of it, 10/10

>everybody is afflicted
Dismiss them all.

no way
They will fight until they die

am I alone in this dark thread?

That's right user. We are all the the haunting prose of this sickening blackness.

+10 stress

The one an user uploaded? It works for me.

Was it a particular sound, or didn't any of them work?