Cars that were memed into existence

The Toyota 86 wouldn't have existed if it weren't for the popularity of Initial D

The GTR in it's current form wouldn't have been made if it wasn't for Gran Turismo introducing Skylines to a wider audience

Both cars would have been JDM only. Initial D and Gran Turismo only introduced the cars to people OUTSIDE of Japan.

The 86 would have been called the Celica if Toyota didn't feel the need to cash in on the weeb market. The GT-R would have continued to be JDM only.

kinda surprised a new Delorean hasn't been memed into existence so far but maybe they're scared of a curse or something, or the coke story getting attached to the new car.

or it's just that normie memes don't have meme magic powers

But the Celica is FWD...

Good job /pol/ !

I'm kind of hoping that Tesla memes itself into a delorean end game. Trump will pull back on the EPA and make the IC engine great again and leave electric motors for fat losers in rascal scooters. It's as good as gold! But with elron cucked by his wife again

The Celica made the jump to FWD roughly the same time as the Corolla.

does mean the 86 is any less shit. I think the 2zz engine in the celica GTS made more power than the 86

but 2zz has limited tuning possibilities.
Toyota ECU is hard to get by, atleast FRS can make about 40 to 50 whp on Full bolt on E85 tune. not to mention there is few easy reflash options.

When I heard that GT86 will be powered by 2.0, I was thinking beams.

The most distinctive trait of the delorean were the gullwing doors, and after the mercedes SLS got all that shit for having them, I don't think anyone is gonna use them on a commercial car anymore.

Does IC mean internal combustion?

I don't know anything about cars so please be gentle.

IC = inter city, we mostly talk about trains and other forms of public transport here, so depending on the context it could mean internal combustion too.

DMC is going to be producing new deloreans soon if that means anything

>hating on billionaire doors
wthat the fuck is wrong with people

They've been "going to be" producing new deloreans soon for almost a decade now, fuck off. All they're doing is taking old heavy slow deloreans and putting modern crap in it to weigh it down more.

>he installed """""billionaire doors""""" on his '05 honda civic
>still lining his underwear with hygenic paper from the relief office waiting room toilets

fuck you
fuck you in the ass

>The Toyota 86 wouldn't have existed if it weren't for the popularity of Initial D
desu it probably would have still existed and subaru and toyota would have made some collaborated car together

>the popularity of Initial D
You think Initial D is as popular as /pol/ thinks pepe is. Memes had nothing to do with the 86 or Trump winning.

>Gran Turismo introducing Skylines to a wider audience
That was 2 Fast 2 Furious though.

Now for a car that was actually memed into existence
>Tesla

Pop culture isn't memes though

Tesla X