imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

BUMP

>ywn have your builds saved and endlessly reposted in a futile effort to save a dying thread

How much traffic does this thread usually get these days? Anything worth hosting a server for again?

yeah it's worth hosting a server because you could do tmodloader and try the new spirit mod as well as maybe that leveled mod

however, traffic is garbage, maybe 20 posts a a day and that's just from some guy spamming builds

last server i hosted had only two regular players and that was 3 weeks ago

The threads might get repopulated again for a week or so once 1.3.5 hits, updates always seem to make people care about the game again.

Last time I tried hosting a modded server things didn't work out so well and the game ran like ass. I have a vanilla server up now if anyone is interested

How easy would it be to get into modding this? I'm not completely new to coding but I'm pretty rusty.

Look up tmodloader in the forums.

I really wish stuff like this generated normally.

Are there any tmodloader mods that apply autoswing to everything? Some of these melee weapons suck without it.

Yeah, there was a mod that did that.

Bump

rip travelmod

Is the fact that mods aren't forwards compatible Relogic's fault?

I don't use many mods but I've never heard of them all breaking just for fucking updating the game.

travelmod never came out
and it wasn't even a mod mod, it was a standalone modification of terraria, and as such resided well alongside with the game no matter the update (unless it majorly changed shit around)

the one that allowed you to grind weapons on the ground and mount bosses that is

What like some Shadow of the Colossus or Dragon's Dogma shit? That actually sounds kinda rad.

Yeah, it was pretty much a whole overhaul on the game mechanics and balance, but I think the creator got overwhelmed by the shit he needed to change (mobility was a major issue so everything around flying and mobility needed to be revamped)

on the notion of overhauls, how well do spirit, thorium and tremor play alongside eachother?

here we go please kill me

Looks like a big-ish update for Calamity came out today.

Seemed alright, although the Cog Lord is still buggy as shit.

bump

the issue with servers is there are always some people more autistic than others
the 1-2 autists play all day everyday and know what they are doing so new people or ones playing casually get left behind and stop playing

>tfw the only good time I've had with terraria servers was on a /v/ server hosted by a girl
>5 people who managed to play together without issues/overtime
>everyone managed to sync timezones

well NPCs cant attack mobs so that's the first thing I see to be broken
also nice to see a reference to a somewhat absurd MMO

Here's the earlygame quality and balance behavior
Spirit > Thorium > Tremor

>haven't played 10 months
>decide to download and play a mod for the first time
>download and install tremor
>in the first night kill some fuck that drops a spell tome
>does 30 damage, costs 12 mana, shoots fast and can hit multiple enemies

yeah this is kind of dumb

average_mod_gameplay.jpg

Isn't Tremor that mod that gives you happy fun 300 HP skeletons night one?

yeah but on the other hand it gives your copper twonk more fast so you can stab that 300 hp skellie to death with 1's

I unironically miss killer cacti.

Why?

Dunno. Something about having that little extra hazard while crossing the desert was neat to me. But I guess now that the desert actually has, you know, content instead of being a big yellow blight with a chance to spawn moderate quality loot, it'd be kind of a bitch.

That makes it all the more satisfying to kill them

hello

yo

Hi there

Ded thread
Ded game

Hi. Gib platinums. Or the dryad gets it.

Stop dying. Use a pot.

Potion sickness.

Go farm for a Philosopher's Stone then.

We already have it.

So i've spent around 5 hours playing with a friend and am going to create a new character on my own solo world, but I have a question: is it worth playing Expert mode as a new player for the developer vanity items? I looked them up and they all seem really cool, plus the exclusive boss items seem super cool and i'd get to show off to my friends who don't play expert. Would it be too difficult to do or would it be reasonably possible with effort?

Expert mode is fine, if a bit tedious, as long as you know what you're doing. If you don't you'll probably have trouble.

Expert mode is made for experts. Are you one?

i'm fine with tedious, I need a time sink anyways, plus I found a guide which seems to be for beginners

Time for Vamp Knives

whywhywhywhy

It's not really that bad. Just makes the learning curve a little bit steeper and upgrades the multi-stage bosses and makes the single stage bosses a bit meaner. Plantera gets her seed attack buffed and can't be blocked by blocks, for example.

i had an iron sword by then but yeah

i think the mob i killed was actually from the blood moon though and i brute forced killing him with shurikens and throwing knives but i died a dozen times

Ech, the blue and yellow does not mix well with cloud materials.

What do you mean? That's the default look of sky blocks and walls, except for the ones that are painted cyan.

That's what I was trying to say, Skyblocks look awful.

+1

It also spams these ugly mobs that fill your inventory with broken shields, which then fill your chests with invar which is completely useless after a very short period of time.

Is there a way to save equipments location? I'm tired of having to reorganize all my shit back into slots after death. Bad enough getting my shit kicked in but having to spend five - ten minutes putting my armor back on is a pain in the ass.

Most people on this thread don't play above softcore for the reasons you just mentioned.

So Spirit is actually good? Neat, guess I'll have to try it out.

>thought it would be funny to summon The Destroyer deep underground where my farm is
>Panic and magic mirror home
>wellatleastit'sgone.jpg
>start hearing the boss music
>shit
>run to my sky arena
>it rips through my commieblock house and kills half my npcs

DESTROYED

Literally the easiest hardmode boss.

I killed it

I'm proud of you.

>have failed to kill skeletron on expert four times now
This is getting embarrassing.

Is plantera supposed to be easy in normal mode?

I just killed it in a granite cave with clorophyte armor + megashark w/ cursed bullets and wrath/endurance/armor/regen potions

Feels bad mang.

Oh well, onto the temple

playing semi-blind man, out!

Alright cleared the jungle temple.

Now what? Time to ask the guide.

Blogman, out

Welp, he said nothing useful.

What do I do now? REEEEEEEEEE

Maybe a new npc will come if i build a house?

Have you gone to the dungeon yet?

no why

Oh shit nigga a fucking robot came

Alright visited the dungeon and who the FUCK are these guys? Are they good? should i talk to them?

Try to talk to them using your weapons.

What the fuck was THAT? That was way harder than plantera or golem! It was awesome but holy shit son I got my ass whooped! And I was complaining how golem and plantera were too easy

Now they're gone, and looks like the dungeon was buffed, this is gonna be fun.

So you didn't visit the dungeon after beating plantera and before beating the golem? Man, you now have 2 things to deal with. Good luck.

What can I put in this empty space in my home tower, lads?