Veeky Forums I need your honest opinions

Veeky Forums I need your honest opinions

What are the pros and cons of driving stick?

I found a GREAT deal on the exact car I want but it's in manual, and I'd have to learn to drive manual.

>americans

Please stop making this dumb fucking thread every bloody day
Sage

pros - fun

cons - bumper to bumper traffic

pros - idk try it out
cons - idk try it out

Sage hasn't worked in years

Pros
Better MPG once you know what you're doing
Less likely to be involuntarily speeding

Cons
Harder to multitask while driving (eating, changing cds, ect.)
Traffic and stupid drivers make life hell

It's easy enough to learn that I wouldn't worry about that part. After 2010ish, automatics became objectively better than manuals, so don't buy one unless you care about fun. What car are you looking at?

Newer Mustang
But it will be my only car

My step-dad offered to teach me stick last time I was home, might take him up on it this weekend

do it faggot

>I'm retarded

This. Even the con isn't so bad once you're used to it.

It's more fun and more engaging
And nobody will steal your car
Also manuals are cheaper

Even if you don't buy the car it's worth learning, seriously. It's a good skill to have in the bank just in case. You'll be a better driver afterward, too.

>nobody will steal your car
That's right they'll just shoot you instead

> AYO AYO WHITE BOI OUTTA DA CAR
> *comply*
> EH HEH HEH DAS RI - AYO MUFUGGA WHAT DIS SHIT, BOI IMA POP A C-
> *BANG BANG BANG*
> *reholster glock 19*

The real shame will be the cost of fixing the car

>nigger
>using a holster

why are niggers allowed

I find manuals safer. I have a fairly low attention span and probably have undiagnosed ADD, and when I'm driving autos my brain starts to zone out because it's so boring.

Manuals are more engaging and keep me more focused on driving tbqh.

Oh no no, it will be my gun and my holster :v) You wait for him to get into the car and try to drive before drawing

His shitty hi-point will probably misfire anyways

>Hard to multitask in a manual

Only if you are going full time attack on a mountain road every second you are behind the wheel.

I live on a mountainous island where the straightest road is less than an 1/8 mile long and it's not even straight, yet I have driven miles with an arm out the window, consumed 15 chicken wings, held phones to my ear, drank and all kinds of nonsense while rowing gears every few seconds in my N/A diesel dump truck

The only auto cars I've driven are pretty dull, but the feeling of dropping a gear or two and flooring it gives a better feeling of speed than just plodding your foot on a pedal.

I've done a few years of stop start traffic in a manual and it's not that bad. You get used to just feathering the clutch until the car is moving under it's own power. Learn how to drive manual properly and you'll never have to replace the clutch either, my first car was on it's original clutch for 150k miles.

>feathering the clutch
isn't that bad for the clutch?

It'd only bad go slip for extended periods if you're actually moving, because the speed is what generates heat.

Plus applying the accelerator with the clutch partially engaged. One of my first bad habits was resting my foot against the clutch, if I forgot my foot was there it could slowly get depressed while driving along and cause wear. I still do it sometimes, but I put more pressure on my heel rather than the part of the foot on the clutch pedal.

You have full control of your car. Also if you want to drive saving lot of money you can use double clutch and use longer gears, and if you want to go fast you can use techniques like heel and toe, drifting and using shorter gears.

City driving mostly. And when you do try to get a bite of food or something..
>sleep in because forgot about daylight savings time
>grab a quick breakfast on the road
>oh wait.. Can't eat it on the way to work
>try anyways
>idiot cuts in front and doesn't speed up fast enough
>have to change down when I wasn't expecting to
>put food down poorly
>McMuffin "juice" on shirt

Or so I've heard.

I used to eat on the road a lot (once or twice a week) but after moving to the city I decreased a bit (your house isn't that far.. Just wait for your comfy couch and table). Then I bought a manual and have eaten on the road exactly twice in 3 years.

>being this new

Pros - Brag about being a faggot
Cons - Can't fingerbang hoes while driving