/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Cursed journeys, too, must come to an end:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Well, consider the fact that dragons ruled the world back then. Living or simply being out in the open wasn't something you did if you wanted to have a longer life expectation than that of a Drake Sword wielder facing off against Seath.

Fc

Fifth for best covenant

Yea, you can keep it

Is she doing Duck Face?

B E S T B O Y
E
S
T

B
O
Y

VERY GOOD

Why do they even bother playing online if they don't want to be invaded? It's part of the fucking experience and they know it.

>firelink greatsword doesn't let you ember yourself

CAN'T UNSEE

>firelink greatsword will never have a moveset that isn't just copy-pasted from the bastard sword

The game trains people to play through online so they can summon people for help. When it suddenly throws them into a place where they can't summon for help but can still be invaded, they don't know what to do.

i hate the fucking stand meme
can't so much as even check lightsaber pope's theme without being barraged with jojo references

U mad, Dorkmoon boi ?

I never noticed the Gwyndolin's lewd on the picture until now, kek

>firelink greatsword can't turn into other weapon types

Which covenant is that?

Good invaders are a niche, the majority are nubbins to the 3 man slaughter, There really is no good reason to DC as the probability of being invaded by someone good is low.

They could at least let us trade his soul for one of his weapons.

>tfw you profusely enjoy seeing the mining of salt but had to go 20+ tries on Darklurker yesterday
i am at an impasse

pilgrims of dark

t. coward

There isn't actually any conflict there. It's a two part covenant: part one is killing the Darklurker, part two is preventing other people from killing the Darklurker.

They only get the experience once, so you might as well give it to them in full.

bf?

you're banned

yeah but knowing how fucking annoying it was for me to get past the abyss phantoms without wasting estus, I wouldn't want to plague people with the added challenge of having to ward off invaders too
what do you even get for killing people inside the chasms? human effigies?

pd

Ascetics and effigies. It's the fastest way to farm both.

Invaders are targets for invaders too, and invaders can also kill other invaders for ascetics/effigies instead of the host. I made a helpful invader once for a change of pace.

I wish DaS3 had good covenants

WITCH CRYSTAL WHERE IS THE FC?

Mound-maker was fun when boss invasions worked.

At the very least it would be nice if two of them weren't in a state that makes them seem broken, while another is a good idea that has been disemboweled to the point of being irrelevant.

it was also fun before people knew about grape white soapstone

That too. I kept a character at a low SL so I could try and trick people into summoning me.

I'd still help them but most would attack me when they found out I could be targeted.

I wish DaS 3 had working covenants.

Looking at Watchdogs, Blue Sentinels and Darkmoons.

Because fuck if I'm going to make another account so I can family share my game with it, so I can get some autosummons going.

Is it working as intended for non-seeded mobs to be able to do damage to you, but you can't attack them at all if you invade as a mound maker?

Or is this completely normal in general? I've only ever invaded as a mound maker so far.

>literal morning in burgerland
>people in yurop still in school/work
try in 10 hours friend

What? Now you're feeling the heat? You should have thought long and hard...Nyah hah hah hah hah!

Invading as a mound-maker makes you like a normal invader but adds the shackle bit in (so you can murder phantoms and reds to get your reward instead of only the host).

White sign summon as a mound-maker means mobs can attack you, but you can still attack the host.

There are some mobs that can damage invaders regardless of seed. I think giants and crabs can.

the rapist clown mask guy makes me uncomfortable

I murdered him.

Watchdogs works very well around SL 20 and even SL 30 from my experience.

Whats the opinion on some greatswords like Judgement Sword or Drakeblood sword?

>White sign summon as a mound-maker means mobs can attack you, but you can still attack the host
White sign summon also means you can use Dead Again in the host's world, for what it's worth.

gsoj is good, drakeblood needs to be buffed with magic or lightning

Great. I reccommend using buffs for drakeblood though.

>ass crest shield
>a FIRE man serpent gs of all things

Is Dark Souls 2 dead yet?

Maybe. It is getting an revival event though.

>Judgement Sword
was very weak just when the game was released but was buffed to be one of the best greatswords if you have optimal stats for it (27STR/40DEX/40INT or at least dex/int).
>Drakeblood sword
GOAT twinking greatsword
also works for buff builds

Yo that nigga can get banned for being shirtless.

>using things in the game

No way homo

i played in it a few months ago and wasn't invaded once and even belltower activity was slow as hell
there were a few white signs though
bridge was surprisingly empy till i hit ng+ soul memory

why 27/40?

I've never really tried magic outside of some basic miracles. That's good to know.

I think there's that spell that lets you make mobs friendly towards you and hostile towards others. Wonder if it works too?

27STR becomes 40 when you 2h it

gsoj scales mainly with dex and int i think

Im using a Moonlight Greatsword with 40STR and 40INT, did i put too many points into STR?

>40 int
>anything but base stats to wield it

yes you're doing it wrong

60 int or bust

Dead Again is trash even in the few cases where it is usable, so don't worry about it too much. It's just one of those 'fun fact' things.

Rapport is the pyromancy you're referring to. I'm not sure what effect it would have as a white grape, never really tried it before.

>40STR

Doesn't strength stop scaling up properly after 30-35?

So the E scaling is useless? wont it do more damage with something like 40STR and 60INT rather than just the needed STR?

it used to be ok fo str/int but don't bother now, just go 40 int
that's for spells, not weapons. never heard of mlgs vitgouge in 1? same shit here
of course it will, but it's not worth it. stay 16/11/40

E scaling is fucking garbage and putting those same stats into vit would be a better use

yes

fucking vit

but obviously since you're a caster you wont have stats to spare since you need both vig, attunement and end

>miracles are trash
I wish this wouldn't be true so often. I even switched over to warmth pyromancy because it heals more than healing miracles.

>lifehunt scythe isn't the scythe 2hr1 moveset
>dead again is useless trash
>affinity can't aim
>the new dark spell is just a fatter deep soul
Whose dick do I have to suck to get my resonance back?

>scythe 2hr1 with UP poise and healing on hit

I guess 16/11/40 stands for 16 STR 11 DEX and 40 INT right?

Is there any good page for builds thats not the DS3 wiki?

I always thought her face was just a skull, but it seems not

what kind of build you looking for senpai?

Is this an edit to try and make her not look like another ugly undead? Looks like someone ran her face over with a "soften" airbrush in photoshop and tried to give her human looking eyes.

Name one legitimate use for simple infusions.

>fun times ahead

Recovering FP.

FP regen in a lightweight offhand item. You should know that, what the gem does is literally in its description.

The first build i used was a 50 STR with +10 Heavy Greataxe, did a lot of damage but in the end was boring

I just want to use a weapon with a cool moveset or WA thats not used by everyone like the Nameless King spear or Darksword.

>we will never get Abyssal transformations
>instead we will be stuck with the Ethiopian dragon form

Please delete these images.

>going through drangleic when I notice this huge ass portrait of some woman
>walk up to it
>rapidly accrue curse
is this another example of deepest lore or will this be explained later on

She's a generic undead corpse.

>50str
Well there's half your problem, 50 was only the softcap for weapons in Bloodborne and Demon's Souls.

Do you care about damage at all? If yes, try the Wolf Knight Greatsword with 40str/40dex. If not, try Friede's Great Scythe with 40dex/40int. Wolf Knight has unique R1s that seem bad at first glance but are actually pretty good with practice, Friede Scythe has a unique 2HR1 moveset with a lot of forward momentum and rapes shields, but is kinda bad at tracking. Both have weapon arts that are awesome but are context sensitive.

The DLC also has at least one cool new dex/int weapon coming up, if it helps any.

Thinking of just biting the bullet, maybe leveling another FTH knight to 120 and then actually making my favourite knigga actually good by getting all the stats I could use

n-no

A little of both. Lady in the portrait is Nashandra, queen of Drangleic. The cursed painting is supposed to be foreshadowing, except it's the kind that doesn't make any sense without the full context.

Could somebody make an example poison build using 2x Mytha's Bent Blade in power stance? I'm completely clueless in this game.

40-50vig
30-40end
40dex
30-32adp

At least one piece of butterfly armor
Sanctum Knight gauntlets

>leveling FTH knight to 120
>making my favorite knigga actually good
These are polar opposite. Fth plays better at non-meta SL

You use the poison whip in main hand and Mytha in off hand. Also bow with poison arrows for when they are out of your whip range.

And rat crest ring, since it and the sanctum gauntlets boost poison buildup.

Mytha causes both poison and toxic buildup, but you'll never see the latter without two and some aggressive attack spam.

Another faith knight, I have my favourite at 120 for meta but as you say it's shit, so I wanna make him good

if i change my age to 3 in ce so i can have gael's beard will i get a shitty looking old man body too?

>Mytha causes both poison and toxic buildup, but you'll never see the latter without two and some aggressive attack spam.

My setup is better for overall chances of poisoning because of versatility. You use the mytha bent blade when they roll into you and whip when they are outside your dagger range.

Isn't it 4?
And probably, though you can change its size can't you? And being stacked makes you a fucking fat fuck

no i ment like, uh body texture
if you do young age you're ripped.
if you do old man you're saggy

>D/D/D/D scaling
>moveset isn't even that good
Justify this.

What's the exact quote the doll in BB says when it's leveling you up?

that's quite cool
i think dark souls 2 suffers a lot from this; you can't really connect to most of the bosses because everything is so fragmented and disjointed
even something as cool as a cursed painting is lost on someone like me who hadn't even so much as heard of Nashandra, (except for in that ghost's speech but even then she was only named as the Queen) let alone seen her in the flesh

git gud. the range is really good
also l1l1r1r1 catches alot of people