/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Paid DLC Edition

ATTENTION: Spoilers will start rolling in from now on, so be careful.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

first for "this isn't really a big deal so don't let the /v/ posters tell you it's the end of the world"

I fucked up in general making guys

I'm optimistic.

But yes, that DLC thing has defiantly lessened the hype. If word of mouth around the 3rd of March is negative, might drop it. Just to be sure.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Also I'd pay for a Fi DLC

So, whilst /v/ anons lurking are having an autistic meltdown over this announcement, only about 400 hours to go. If anything, we have plenty of other things to go autistic and think about besides the DLC, so let's do that instead of burning ourselves out because EA and Activision went full retard over using and selling DLC years ago.

Before shitposting or answering to shitposters from /v/, consider these things:
>Nintendo doing DLCs is nothing new. They started doing it at least 4 or 5 years ago, shitposters will try to act surprised like Nintendo never did this before
>DLCs aren't always bad. In the past there have been instances of DLCs that offered new content without cutting away the content that's already in the game. Not all companies are called Capcom and Nintendo sure aren't like them
>People that want to play the game won't say they don't want to buy the game anymore. It's a shitposting lie to make you doubt your decisions. Stay sharp.
>It's ok to be disappointed but it's not a reason to start sperging like a 12 years old kid. All developers do this kind of stuff, nobody complained about The Witcher 3's DLCs, nobody complained about other companies' DLCs, shitposters are purposely targeting Nintendo only

Ah, this is enlightening.

"A new hard mode"

Looks like a challenge mode of some kind, not an actual gating of the harder modes.

How to fix the DLC:

>announce it AFTER release
>no p2w items
>you can buy content packs individually

Then I would be fine with it. But they presented it in the worst way possible. And yes I understand other companies do it, that's the whole goddamn problem.

Zelda leak when?

Hard mode is probably already in the game. They are talking about an even harder mode.
When you mom will stop sucking my dick.

Why do you feel the need to post stuff like this?

Why does everyone get so upset when Nintendo does these things? They're a company just like all the rest and DLC is a practice that has been proven to work (especially considering they've already sold DLC in the past). I see so much of a fuss when Nintendo does things like this or paid online but everyone has fallen complacent with the other companies ripping them off. I say all or none if you don't like it.

Hard mode DLC is the only thing that's dumb about this. Everything else just sounds like fluff except for the new story and dungeon which I feel like can be sold justifiably in this day and age.

To piss you off, clearly.

WHY DLC
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

10 days or so

It just comes off like you're trying to manipulate people.

>Why does everyone get so upset when Nintendo does these things?
They have this distorted vision of Nintendo as a company that does everything like they used to do it twenty years ago.
Also, many people hate them and they need just a little fire to create a vulcano of shitposting when it comes to Nintendo.

Yeah, the guy spamming "preorder cancelled" was totally not trying to manipulate anyone instead. Spare me that kind of shit, thank you, I'm not in the mood today.

the amount of projection in this post is incredible

>If they can do it, I can do it too!

Oh well I'm sorry for upsetting the atmosphere, princess.

I agree with all that you've said user but really, who cares about those idiots? Just ignore them and enjoy your game. I closed myself off from /v/ because it was having a negative affect on my mental health.

Remember, half of these people only post to upset others. They're just video games. Play them and have fun.

Moron.

Would you please calm down, jesus christ? All this samefagging is painful.

At least let's try to see what the new content will be about.
A new piece of story sounds good to me but I need to know what the "map feature" they are talking about is.
What if Kololinth Island is DLC?

WELL EXCUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS.

DLC 1 :
>meh
>unacceptable
>litterally what
DLC 2 :
>Ok
>Depends if its related to the DLC story, otherwise it shit
>meh
At least on WW HD it was

Not that lad, but I'd say instead of us going crazy over this DLC autism (since we all know /v/'s doing that for us anyways for a good month), let's talk about VIDYA GAEMS instead with Zelda.

With that said, what you plan on doing first once out of the starting area and in the plateau itself?

>find bomb
>throw bomb
>hop on shield and run at exploding bomb
>???
>profit

The hard mode isn't THE hard mode that came from other Zelda games.

Hard mode is more of a challenge mode, as
Shows

dont get your hopes up

purchase map
explore new revealed areas

Cheers, was a little worried they were going to hide Second Quest/Hero Mode behind the pass.

We know the island is already in the map, so it's not daydreaming.
What I'm questioning is if it will be unlocked by the DLC or not.

Reminder that Sheik is FEMALE but with a Dick DLC.

I still have no idea about what direction I'll take. I don't know whether go east, to the sea, or to Death Mountain.

>DLC
The hype for BotW seems less now I dunno...

I've gone from cautiously optimistic to just cautious now.

Lol guise, like, preordered cancelled, this shit is unbelievable, yuk

Just kidding, relax. All these reaction make me laugh honestly. In less of a month, every each one of you will have bought the season pass without thinking twice. Just like those that said the graphical downgrade meant they wouldn't buy the game.

Sorry, took too long to write my post, didn't see it posted.
>"a new hard mode"
I'm still not convinced this is another thing that the classic heroic mode. "New" here could mean anything

I'm heading for the desert but I'm going to climb every tower, beat every shrines and raid evety camp I find along the way. Probably sleep in a few stables as well

No matter how dorky she looks, Zelda is always a cute.

Indeed.

THE HYPE IS NEVER LESS
399 HOURS REMAIN
In all seriousness though, the DLC does look bland as hell, play the game a bit before you decide to buy it, the beauty of DLC is that it is OPTIONAL

why? the dlc is barely any content

I know that drawing was made for footfags but I can't stop staring at her beautiful eyebrows.

So are we pretty much convinced that there will only be four main dungeons, and that each one will be inside one of the big mechs?

It's the practice I object to, not the content. I'm going to just play it safe by approaching it with a wait and see attitude.

>In less of a month, every each one of you will have bought the season pass without thinking twice
Will buy the game but will wait to see what actually is in the fucking season pass

No. we /pirates/ now

That's fine.

Personally, I'm glad when companies put out useless DLC. I almost never buy DLC anyway but then I won't even care about not having it.

There is literaly no reason to buy this DLC before 100% the game. All you have to do is not tempt yourself by watching videos of the content

A lot of people say Hyrule Castle will be a dungeon itself

I think it's too soon to judge.
The Season pass is like, what, twenty buck. Twenty bucks of DLC equals to a lot of content to me.
The Mario Kart 8 season pass was twelve bucks if I recall correctly and it gave you a whole lot of new stuff, like tracks and characters.

Since this is a game made by EAD too, the comparison is not stupid.

>Why does everyone get so upset when Nintendo does these things?
I'm not really that upset I'm just disappointed that once more, a company can't get to the level of CDPR in matters of DLC

>we
Speak for yourself. I support the companies that make games I like with money.
And no, I personally never found DLC a bad practise in general. It depends by the single DLC itself.

Because it's Nintendo. I guess deep down we had always hoped they'd stay away from modern gaming practices. Seeing them head down the same path as the others just gives you a little kick in the nuts.

>son to buy this DLC before 100% the game. All you have to do is not tempt yourself by w

The whole world is a dungeon at this point.

Just because those 4 mechs are dungeons does not mean, there can not be more.

After you've played all the Shrines and have all the special items, know what the Korok seeds and spirit orbs do as well as boosted your health, stamina and Runes I think you'll be more than satisfied

I'll be more than satisfied before leaving Gerudo Fotress

>Seeing them head down the same path as the others just gives you a little kick in the nuts.
Sorry if I'm being harsh but you must have lived inside a closed in the recent 5 years because that's nothing new and it's really too late to feel angry or disappointed with them.

I am already satisfied, I am not a vtard. Gonna block this whole site soon when leaks come.

I bet the map feature is the entrance to the cave of trials

I will try to get into Death Mountain or go to the weird perfect circle at the left of the map.

I doubt it. They put the cave of trials and the map feature in two dinstinct points in that image

Sounds a bit extreme.
Then again I've never minded spoilers so maybe I should'nt talk on that

The new map feature could be increasing the number of pins you can place. At the moment it's 100, it's too low a number considering the size of the world.

Maybe they could add a village or two?

I have a pipe-dream of it being a Witcher 3 style DLC (new area, new quests, new side-story). Would be lovely, though likely not happening.

Let's say you mark a Guardian/enemy camp/some chests/a cooking area why would you leave those things for the entire game. At some point you'll come back and open the chest, beat the enemy or find another closer cooking area

Never say never. Aonuma said he was taking ispiration from western games and maybe The Witcher was exactly one of those games.

I think its going to be pre-placed elements/radar telling you where to look for things

I don't know what elements will be marked on the map by default, but I'd like to keep every permanent site marked just in case (cooking sites, enemy camps [assuming they respawn]). You never know if you're going to be going to that area in particular a second time.

By map feature do they mean game map functionality or do they mean overworld map location

We still don't know.

This is the crucial distinction.

If Nintendo has cut features then there's really no other option then to drop the game.

How can you tell if it's cut or not? Cut content implies it was once in the game and then removed. These things usually leave some hints in the game files. If nobody finds those kind of files, then there's no cut content.

lol

I would say that if its actually important cut content, then it should tell during a playthrough.

Never stop be hyped, hype user. You are the only light in these moments of shitposting darkness.

The last thread was shitposting

Daring to question the wisdom of Nintendo isn't shitposting

Well before my browser exploded I had v on 10 min lock out time because its cancer and lock out time was somehow set to 1 min so I usually never go on v.

I can clearly see the difference between a shitpost and criticism, don't worry.
Saying DLCs are all bad without differences is, for instance, a shitpost.

Jesus fucking Christ you people are melodramatic, I swear each and every one of you must've studied at Julliard.

JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME AND IGNORE THE CRAP DLC

I'm not forking over my dosh if it turns out Nintendo is charging twice for a standard experience. There's a difference between DLC which adds and DLC which was obviously a part of the game which was cut to then be resold.

Hence why Nintendo announcing DLC before launch is sneaky bullshit. I'm perfectly fine with just ignoring the DLC, but if its cut content I don't want to play an incomplete game.

How can you IGNORE such a thing, my dear anonymous friend?
Oh my, oh my, its sole existance drives my thoughts up the big wall of life. How can I, me, myself, right here, accept something that clearly indicates that the end of the world is near? It's the noble principle that bothers me, not the lack of money.
The society collapses. All humans become animals. Nintendo sells DLC.
What a terrible fate we met, didn't we?

I can't even imagine what map feature they could have cut out that'd make the game 'incomplete'.

Bravo, BRAVO!

Actually no, BotW was the only thing between me and WiiU jailbreak. Now this thing effectively gone.

I can't think of a single mainstream game in the past 10 years where the DLC was cut content. It is always just added fluff and gear, get over yourself and stop over reacting.

Street Fighter x Tekken

Merci
Grazie
Thank you

kek

Didn't they cut content in the latest Deus Ex because they wanted it to be a trilogy or something?

One thing, do the other two giant mechas (aside from te Lizard and the bird) actually move?

I guess so? Unless one of them has been "injuried" for some reason we still don't know.

Drama aside, in console gaming, shifting from finalized to DLC supported designs also carriers a shift in the paradigm of what games are. Like many others, games are both commercial products and pieces of art. DLCs shift the balance from art piece to commerical products. DLCs do not break up the one-way development direction, but split up the versions of a game a player can experience. It's kind of the reverse of modding.

video games have always been developed as commercial products. r u dum

I think a standalone DLC can be, sometimes, more of a piece of art than the game itself.
Burial at sea comes to mind.

pfffffffffffft, a crossover beat em up is no where near the same level as a 3-d zelda launch title

Sort of, I think the plan was to make it episodic leading off from the end of the second game? I don't know, I never played it.

Didn't fire emblem also have paid dlc? I don't really think it's that big of a deal