Post your new toy

I just bought a 2001 Plymouth Prowler with 11000 miles for $10k.
It's actually a pretty fun car to drive, and I think I might daily it for a bit when the spring comes around.
I thought they were cool when I was a kid and always wanted one, and I managed to get this one pretty cheap.
Honestly owning it makes me happier than pretty much anything ever has

Pic related is not my pic but it's the same car. Gotta love the dank purp.

You can't be serious

I always thought that black bumper looked cheap... but the rest is nice.

Had one on my wall as a kid.

>those amerifat bumpers
It would look decent if not for those.

Do a v8/manual swap or kill yourself.

>heavy
>underpowered
>autotragic
At least you're having fun and that's the most important.

Yep. Judge me if you want, but it's nice to finally have a 'fun car' again. Plus it's not a Miata, which all of my car friends have and I wanted to be a bit different.

I still have my Ranger and my shitbox, but now I have something that isn't boring and it turns heads.

Get rid of the front bumpers and do a manual swap.

Not too heavy, and I'm sure I can bump up the power. It's an autostick for now, but I'll do some sort of V8/manual swap at the end of the summer. Suggestions?

I agree, I think I'll get them painted to match the body.

Not sure if I legally can, but I'll paint them body color if I can't. If they can be removed and still keep it road legal, they will go away.

First time I ever saw one of these it was sitting on a used lot and they were having a hard time selling it because the guy swapped the v6 for an 8 cylinder.

There's a build article out there where a 6.1 Hemi was swapped into a Prowler, might want to start there, or search the Prowler forums for ideas

You should know better than to come here and ask a bunch of European bus riding NEETs what to do, kudos on the purchase user

I've owned wagons lighter than this car.

You can legally do anything as long as you don't live in a shithole.

Your Radio Flyer doesn't count faggot

Waluigi in car form

5.7L Hemi and the manual 6-speed in the Challenger. This is the only acceptable swap you can do for like 4-5k. Bumping the price point you can do the 6.xL SRT8 swap.

Those can look pretty good with the right body kit and exhaust. You have to at least put a supercharger on that motor if you aren't going to replace it with a better one.

>bodykit
Who the fuck puts a bodykit on a Prowler?

I'm trying to think of a car with more strangely terrible choices made for it than the powler. I guess I can understand some of the decisions. The bumpers are hideous but they needed something there to be legal- though why they couldn't come up with a better choice I don't know. The engine is underpowered but the look requires a pretty small radiator so they needed something smallish, I guess. The transmission is the one that really stumps me. That four speed slushbox is one of the worst transmissions to ever be put in a car with any sort of sporting pretensions.

I honestly think I'd rather have a PT Cruiser convertible than this car.

>posts asinine bullshit as if his opinion actually matters
You're a fucking retard if you'd choose to drive a PT drop with the basket handle over a prowler, yes the engine in the pt is better, but you're driving a fucking PT Vert which is about as bad as driving a Murano Vert. You get the Prowler and you swap the power train

You have to clean up the "bumpers" at least. It's not a full body kit like you'd put on a Fierro.

5.7 has issues, I'd go with Their six liter+ engines

Its literally the same block, 6.1 will definitely fit

Post pics.

It's in a trailer in the back of my driveway that is buried in 21 inches of heavy wet snow. I'm not digging all the way out there just to take a picture. Give it a few weeks and I'll post about it.

Thanks! I'm happy with it, fuck the autismos that can't be glad for other people.

Not gonna lie. Thats a pretty shitty car OP. But it's kinda rare and an interesting piece of Chryslers rapid downfall

did you get the extra trunk with it?

Rip off the body, fenders, bumper, etc. Cage it, put on massively fat tires, big brakes. Engine and transmission replacement of your choice.

ProwlerKart.

Am I the only one who still has the Prowler as one of their dream cars?

I think this is a great car. I thought it was retarded when it first came out, but it grew on me over the years. Shame they never put a manual.

PT cruiser more like PT LOSER

>I'm not digging all the way out there just to take a picture.

I wasn't asking you to because I didn't know that was the situation. It was just a request when you could.