superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1404-popular-engine-swaps/
revvedmag.com/engine-tech/engine/the-ultimate-power-play-top-5-engine-swaps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Land Cruiser vs Suburban
NO.
I STARTED THAT LAST THREAD AS A JOKE. WE'RE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN

>Very little posting about 4x4s we actually own
Speak for yourself

It's too late my friend. What is done can not be undone. This is chain of events you have set in motion.

Have some dingleberries when icemudding

Anyone here trying to buy some mud claw m/t? 225/10.5r15.

I'm in the southeast

pls no more wheel covers

CAN YOUR SUBURBAN DO A 10 POINT TURN ON A TRAIL AND ONLY DESTROY THREE TREES?!?

The forests split from in front of me out of fear. I need not destroy anything.

>7 minutes old
>7 replies

Unusually fast in here

>they said we'd be tired of winning
>pls! pls no more winning covers!

well yeah. It's just tayposter spamming his shit ranger to try and making us jealous that he gets to offroad for work ;_;

>only 6 posters so far

>try and making us jealous that he gets to offroad for work
He's succeeding. Most of us have to first find abundant free time outside of work, which is difficult as an adult.

wtf your an adult?

Oh fuck I'm busted. Forgot only busriding toyota fanboys allowed

pls self crit or gtfo

engrish, prease

what the fuck am I reading

Back to Suburbans with this discussion.

So the LX450 guy got back to me and he has yet to sell it. Offering $8300 for 230 miles on the odometer. 1997 so last year of the LX, eh?

The ad says the vehicle needs "TLC" but that's always a shitshow with what it actually means. Anyone want to take a stab and what that could mean for a 20 year old LC with 230mi on it?

>UZ SWAP WHEN

Also - what's a good counteroffer on this thing to not scare him off? Ad's been up for a month today.

I don't think your measurement is correct.

>very little posting about 4x4s we actually own

Maybe that's because anytime someone posts something nice, all the shitbox owners/buss riders hurl insults and the anons never return? This is why /org/ is dead.

This thread needs more 4x4 goats, fast doggos, and cute wifeys!

always be skeptical of the pavement jew

I never go here but I'm doing research for a stupid build idea I have, and I figured here would be the best place to ask.
What's a decent body-on-frame SUV or truck with a wheelbase of about 2400mm/94.5"?

We out here

ORG business is booming. Everyone calls the nice Suburbans shitboxes and the shitbox Toyotas nice but we're all still here and posting.

Otay!

What's the point in arguing when the Tracker is superior to both?

I'm not this guy, but I support his vision of trackalackers for all!

Is it even possible to cruise 65~ in a 2.5 yj? I might be grabbing one this weekend for retarded cheap as a new daily.

>always

ITT: fully built suburbans on 40's vs everything else on 33's and 35's

is he asking $8300 or are you offering $8300?

I'm as big a yota-fanboy as you'll meet, but christ 80 series have been priced way out of proportion. Yeah I get that they're super-overengineered and have cool redundant shit that's fun to jack off to, but christ you can get a lot father with that money on a different platform. TL;DR I'd offer him $5k.

The last OP Suburban was on 33s. The Arbitrary Suburban Edition Suburban was on 35s. One guy has one on 37s and one guy has one on 42s. It doesn't mean they're needed. But if you've got room for them no reason not to run them.

Any KYbros here? Most likely heading down to near Daniel Boone (London district) for the weekend, interested in checking out some fun backroads. Not looking for an offroad park per se or anything crazy vehicle-damaging-technical (taking wife with me, no other 4x4s for recovery), but I do have some new all terrains I want to at least get a bit of mud on. Any public-accessible fire roads worth checking out?

Yeah, I know. Cancerous toyotaphiles ruined /org/. Keep posting the burbs' m8.

Hey, what's the snow around Silverton like now? Melting off?

>fully built
>he thinks there's a limit to how much you can build a truck

This isn't need for speed underground ya armchair offroader.

Lockers and if there's no rust, it could be worth it.
Plus sitting on '33 KO2s could be worth it heavily

>ARMCHAIR
Define it using constants bls. No arbitray definitions allowed.

Someone that does not wheel but thinks they everything about wheeling.

Similarly the guys with stock engines that have never swapped one but tell others to Cummins or LS swap everything.

>flat bill hat
Fucking kill yo...
>ears tucked inside flat bill hat
Oh come the fuck on, there's literally no way that is comfortable, nor does anyone in the fucking world think that looks good. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Fuck off with your suburban bait.

Not baiting, legitimately asking.

Richmond here. Have no idea where to actually wheel, and don't no anyone into it besides myself. Would be really interested to get together and go wheeling if anyone around knows where the fuck to go.

Yes, were do you live. More pics?

>Hey, what's the snow around Silverton like now? Melting off?

Dunno. I'm in Denver (it's like 72F today!). I won't be down Silverton way until July. From what I hear, they got a lot early on but I'm unsure of how the melt is coming. If it's anything like here, should be well underway. I've seen a few posts that the local waterfalls are really flowing.

Faggots from California, they should all be exterminated...

I'm driving down from Indy have never been to this part of KY aside from visiting Makers Mark once. I'll probably end up exploring around the gravel roads, there's a few promising looking things on Google maps but it's hard to tell what's become private roads and what's been closed off. Last thing I need is to run up on a still (or worse, meth lab).

If you believe those stereotypes, please stay out of my state. And if you're trying to have a good time on gravel/dirt roads in the DB park, might as well fucking forget it. Every weekend they're crowded like city traffic, full of asshole yankees and yuppie faggots. I've tried that, and it fucking blows. God damn panhandlers every 20ft on the side of the road literally screaming at you to buy firewood, because you're there, you MUST be camping and too braindead to find a fucking dead tree. Fucking tourism initiative goading retards into coming here have ruined anything accessible by a sedan. That's why I'll refrain from going back until I find some actual offroad trails to ride.

South side Indy here

I recommend badlands.

Cummy's from Vegas, ya goober

WHY HAVE THESE THREADS TURNED TO SHITPOSTING
CAN'T WE HAVE A THREAD WITH ACTUAL SUSTENANCE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He asked about people who wear hats like that, fucking California fags do. Just cuz "cummy" is in Vegas doesn't mean he isn't a faggot as well...

Yes I'm here about the Toyota bullying

Im still using the same like 5 pictures because I haven't done much with the Taco lately

Name even one advantage the suburban has over the land cruiser.
Because it sure isn't
>towing capacity
>suspension
>lmao no i6 option
>differentials
>interior design(if it mattered)
>muh reliability, etc, etc

>implying the small block Chevy V-8 isn't far superior to the shit ass jap inline 6...

>SUSTENANCE
Do you mean substance user?

No, I feed off of quality posts. And captcha has the answer to the GM vs Toyota debate. NISSAN...

Forgot the god damn picture.

>land cruiser vs suburban, suburban is literally worse in almost every way
fixed

Besides price and availability?

Well more so I don't want to be the out of town asshole tearing across private property unknowingly.

What are the best tires for rocks and gravel?

Eh I'm more of a "go offroad with a destination in mind" like to go camping and such, or just exploring around. For some reason just wheeling around a park specifically made for offroading seems offputting, I guess I'm weird like that. Or maybe because I associate it with the really serious guys that bash up their heavily modified rigs. I've just got a basically stock e-locked 3rd gen 4Runner with all terrain tires on it, and it's more or less my daily driver.

Have had a lot of fun with it down in the Charles C Deam wilderness actually, the gravel roads are super tame 99% of the time, but get caught in a flash flood down there and it's pretty wild. Have driven through 2-3 feet of fast moving water before and scraped up the skid plate on an underwater washout. Also there's a road off of Tower ridge Road that goes down past a cemetery and turns into an unmaintained trail with pretty sizable mudholes. Last time I was there I was still rolling on all seasons and by myself so I didn't risk it. My buddy has made it through in a pretty stock 3rd gen 4Runner on Cooper Discoverer AT3s. Definitely would be cool to head down there with other people.

>small block chevy
>doesn't have 8 quarts of oil capacity
>doesn't have a timing gear instead of timing chain like 3FE
>doesn't have oil squirters in the bottom of the cylinders like the 1FZ-FE
It's like you don't want maximum reliability

>Similarly the guys with stock engines that have never swapped one but tell others to Cummins or LS swap everything.
ROFL
I don't think there could be a better definition of an armchair mechanic/offroader.
The kind of people who attempt to pass off other poster's anecdotal stories as their own wisdom.

>Muh reliability

Yet somehow the small block Chevy is the most swapped engine into just about every car known to man... Hmmm

Yota guy here. I've always thought something like a 4Runner or Tacoma would be awesome with the 4.3L Vortec swapped on, and in a magical world where all of GM's shitty engine accessory components and stuff like fuel injection were redone by Toyota. Oh and keep the Toyota transmissions. I want domestic low end torque but keep everything else.

*cough* jz *cough*

The 4.3 liter vortec motor is an excellent swap into a toyota, in fact it's been done plenty of times, they have custom bellhousings to bolt the 4.3 to the Toyota 5 speed transmission. It's a far superior engine compared to the junk 3.slow or even the 3.4

LOL, how many of those engines have been swapped into other cars? 1000? 10000? Still nowhere near the MILLIONS of small block Chevy swaps, that doesn't include all the LS swaps...

>because they cost a dollar and there's a million of them

no
i meant sustenance

IMPOSTER

>implying if they weren't great motors that they wouldn't have made the same basic design V-8 from 1955-1995

>3.4
Now I'm triggered ;)

I certainly think the output characteristics of the 4.3 are superior in a truck/4x4 configuration, but as an overall package taking all components into account (including shit like alternators, power steering pumps, ignition and fuel injection system, etc) I'm happy to be driving a 5VZFE-equipped Toyota. I've definitely heard of people putting some serious miles on 4.3Ls, but I'd still give the overall reliability crown to the 3.4L.

superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1404-popular-engine-swaps/
revvedmag.com/engine-tech/engine/the-ultimate-power-play-top-5-engine-swaps/

100% this.
Your answer's in your reply. The engine in question has been made for so long there's enough variations to suit many applications and they're cheap. Brilliant they aint, accessible they're hard to beat.
This. The 90s Toyota V6s suck ass. Even the old siamese headed Buick 3800 makes for a much better power plant even if peak power outputs aren't too different.
I personally wouldn't go past an L series or KZ series four cylinder diesel though.

these threads are really moving quickly these days
it tickles my taint and makes me feel warm inside

>The 90s Toyota V6s suck ass

I dunno man, I think the 5VZFE has a lot going for it, namely longevity.

See my earlier post Way too many 5VZs with 300k+ miles to say it "sucks ass." The 3.0L 3VZ? Ehh it probably deserves a fair amount of criticism. It's a less reliable, harder to work on, less powerful, less efficient 5VZ.

I lament that it's mostly "x vehicle vs suburban" though

People have no chill unless other people on the internet agree with them.
Why going offroad when you can comfy discuss which barn on wheels will get stuck further?

I can redpill you on KZ, if needed.

>pic related
>past 2 /org/ threads
Damn I wish I had my Remington.

y would u kill birdie

If you look close enough, you should be able to see mountain hills in the distance

Yeah... I wouldn't change out an otherwise functional 5VZ, as it is an adequate power plant for the application. But then I wouldn't bother rebuilding it if it failed either when there's many accessible GM V6 variants where conversions are well documented and adapter kits are "off the shelf".
My biggest gripe with the VZ engines is more power delivery for this application. Some complain that blown head gaskets are common with the VZ, but I doubt you'd ever see such an event if the cooling system was maintained.

>shooting caged animals
Yeah, you're definitely a dumbass redneck that can't wait to "hunt" animals that have lived in a protected area for decades. Just buy the shit at the store, poorfag. It's the same as your proverbial fish in barrel, except you don't have to beat your wife to clean them before beating her for cooking them wrong.

1. Crownon
2. Turkey liver is ridiculously hard to find here and the only time I can eat it is if I buy the whole turkey or kill one.

Don't need to, I'm reasonably well versed with them. Part of me wishes they were still completely mechanically fuelled, but then you could always simply build a Frankensteined 5L-T out of a 2L-T manifold.
Toyota can keep their 1KD though.

What the fuck are you talking about

Any of you 4x4 suburban guys have an extra nv4500?

It's pretty obvious about this hick getting a boner at caged animals he's not allowed to kill.

go tell hillary
she'll make it all better for you

It's not caged. Those were a group of wild turkeys that crossed my trucc and went behind a farmer's gate. Across the path. If it was a few months ago, totally would've done it too - their livers are too drained now. Also illegal, lmao

Cage? Are you talking about that gate? I'm pretty sure a wild turkey could easily fly over that little gate.