What's wrong with these?

what's wrong with these?
i keep seeing seemingly mint examples for 5k€ and i'm seriously considering one
should the unspeakable happen, what would be an interesting engine to swap in one?

MZR swap is very nice.
But really RX8s are good cars

what about the 2007s
or actually
what's wrong in the previous models

Coil packs. Bit of an oiling issues. Both are easily solvable if youre not a retard.

Because people drive them until the engine needs to be rebuilt, then they just rather sell them than deal with rebuilding the engine.

LS swap is the default answer here in the states but your an euro. Maybe a f20 from a s2000?

>coil packs
can they be swapped over?
>oiling
you mean the injectors?
can't i just bypass that by premixing?
i already have 2stroke motorbikes, is the process any different?
can i use the same shit?

bump

mazda literally intended them to be ls swapped

they just shoved in the worst engine they could imagine to lower the cost of the car

remove the piece of shit renesis, put in a quality engine, enjoy your sportscar.

Skip it and get an FD

Put a 1.3L Yugo EFI engine in it. Not only will it last you longer, it also has enough torque to go up a hill.

is it ricy to replace the intake plastics with chickenwire?

edgy

R E N E S I S

My hobby is looking at used RX-8s and try to find the highest mileage one that doesn't mention an engine swap in the details. The highest is probably 110,000 kilometers.

I plan on buying one once i get about $5000 saved up. Not for a DD it's more for summer

Yeah just replace the coilpacks with aftermarket.
You can premix or tell the computer to inject more oil.
Either works.

Here's some used RX-8s for sale at the moment from my country.

2004, 4990 euros, 129 000 km, engine changed 20 000 km ago, rust.
2005, 5950 euros, 51 000 km, no engine change but requires a rebuild, rust.
2004, 9490 euros, 67 000 km, no mention of engine issues, no rust.
2006, 9999 euros, 52 000 km, engine just rebuilt, no rust mentioned.

And the total amount of RX-8s on sale at this site is 10. The rest just have shitty descriptions, so I imagine they have some sort of a combination of rust and engine problems/rebuilds.

retro bump

What do you call an engine that guzzles gas like a V8, produces less power than a V6, produces less torque than a 4 cylinder, and will last you as long as a quality GM engine?

A rotary.

I love seeing these on the road. Someone at my university has a nice red one.

But I feel bad for all those owners... there's a reason they keep trying to offload them at dirt cheap prices on CL...

bomp

What so you call this poster? A bus rider Lmao

Even GM fangirls don't fall back on ad hominem for their arguments. Wankers are the fucking worst.

Hey, no reason to try and correct some retard who regurgitates conjecture
Just point out their idiocy :^)

Stay mad bus rider

borp

Nothing in wrong with the cars. It just i dont trust whoever owned the damn car before

Except that the engines are shit and the bodies rust.

Holy shit, I had no idea that Itsuki was in the titty dragon anime.