Alright, so I have a bit of a dilemma here

Alright, so I have a bit of a dilemma here.

I was looking at buying a new car this weekend but I only have time to see one...

Car A: Base model, some cosmetic damage, just had an engine rebuild with less than 10 miles on the new engine, owner has receipts of all the engine work done at a shop, but it's being sold private party by a guy who flips cars for a living. 2007 with 118000 miles. I could afford it outright in cash, with plenty leftover.

Car B: Touring model, has more airbags, DSC and a sunroof, like new condition. Super clean, even has factory all weather mats and a clean CarFax that the seller is willing to show me. 2008 with only 113000 miles. Sold at a dealership. The price is a little high though, if I talk them down to something reasonable, I still might have to finance the remaining amount, somewhere around $1000.

Both cars are first gen Mazda3 hatchbacks. I need to buy a new car this weekend, waiting is not an option, but I really don't wanna have to finance. Is it okay since it's only $1000? I would just get the first one, but i really don't know if I can trust it...

Which one is right?

My main goal is to buy a daily that will serve me for a couple of years, but that still looks presentable and is fun to drive.

Whichever one is 2.3L manual hatch.
Love mine.

Both are

I would go car B then.
Dont trust someone who has had the engine out.

As long as the first one has records I'd get it

Yeah, true, I think the low price is the major attraction for me, but it's not worth it if it's shady

What's wrong with your current car? How much cash do you have on hand? Do you know your credit score?

Current car is total beat to shit 2001 Mazda Protege, 4 speed auto. Credit score is non existent, first time buyer. $1000 I could easily pay back in a month's time, I just need a car by saturday

I mean, I have $5500 cash, they're asking $6200 for car B, do you think it's possible to talk them down to $5500 out the door? If so, no financing required.

But what's wrong with it? If it runs you should just fix it. Why the rush? if you're rushed to buy a car you're pretty much always going to have a bad time. Post your local craigslist and budget.

I know i personally could talk them down.
But im an asshole.
I talked my mazda 3 down from 11,000 to 6,000 at a mazda dealer.

It runs badly, I'm selling it to a family member for $1800, it only has 110000 miles, but I fucked it up bad delivering food in it and hooning, also the tranny slips all the time. New car new job kinda deal, need something that fits more stuff also

so post your local craigslist.

Why? He already knows what he wants and its a great car.

If you have cash on hand, then yeah. People love that shit. Tell them all you have on hand is 55, and you'll take it off the lot for that.

Yeah I'm kinda autistic, I'm pretty hellbent on a mazda 3 hatch 07-09 only, I'm convinced that it's the only choice I could live with for a couple of years.

Yeah, but it seems like quite a lowball, I dunno people have done worse... I should probably just be more confident in it, I mean I've been in the car business for as long as I can remember, my father always sold cars, I cut ties with him a while ago, and ever since I've not been very confident in anything car related, He sells at a Maserati/Jaguar/Lexus dealership.

get a civic for 3k faggot. that extra 2500 gets you nothing.

>Both cars are first gen Mazda3 hatchbacks
hahahahahahah

>mazda build quality
>mazda not being total shit

Dude don't waste your money

I've had Mazda's all my life, they aren't the best, but I think they are better than other cars in their class, I'm not looking for a luxury experience, I need a daily. And Mazda has always given me great reliability and handling, even if their cars might be a bit underpowered.

Almost all my friends have riced out civics, there's no way. Besides, I can't get another sedan, I need a hatch

Lol nice try scumbag.
Mazda has always made great cars

Exactly, bus rider detected, I can tell from the twingo