/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #671 - Through The Years Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12265208
siliconera.com/2017/02/13/sonic-sxsw-panel-will-offer-sonic-mania-sonic-2017-announcements/
youtube.com/watch?v=2LrP58Srp30
schedule.sxsw.com/2017/events/PP96507
youtube.com/watch?v=onHnN8d6g5w
twitter.com/itsamike/status/831594392406392833
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No Online for Mania

Please remember to pay for the games you play

Maybe the other Sonic game will have online.

Amy is cute!

Did you actually expect it?

>no holiday theme
One job, op!

Is Game!Sonic afraid of water like he's always portrayed in other media or is water just a obstacle to him?

Remember kids: Do not reply to shitposters. Just report & ignore!

Well, the last thread had a holiday theme...

To be fair, there were two of them before the actual holiday.

It's never brought up

You guys think we could let SEGA know that the next Sonic game should have extensive mod support?

Maybe even payed mod support?

If you want it bad enough, sure.

Yes she is

We had like five Christmas generals I thought. Oh well.

Yeah, I remember that.

But hey, next year.

What? They said 2017 wouldn't have multiplayer, but they didn't mention anything about Mania.

strawpoll.me/12265208

Why would Mania need online?

He seems to have no problems jumping into water in the games. See: Every water level ever.

Did someone say Yandere sticks?

You da man, Yoto

Oddly enough, I see this as how Sticks does relationships. She would even expect it to be mutual.

>forgetting a link
siliconera.com/2017/02/13/sonic-sxsw-panel-will-offer-sonic-mania-sonic-2017-announcements/
good job

I always hope for more Sticks from you, for you never disappoint

Honestly I don't think I'm great at doodling her. Sticks' head is kinda hard to get right.

>siliconera
Great job.

Happy Valentine's Day, /sthg/!
youtube.com/watch?v=2LrP58Srp30

When is Sonic going to drop this silly hero nonsense and get a real job?

You would want that wouldn't you, Eggman?

Sorry user, Sonic's a bum.

Also

>Checks SSMB
>In the status updates, one of the mods (who's an admitted Sonazefag) starts going on about how much SonAmy sucks

I don't really dislike Sonaze (nor do I really like it), but must shippers be so stupid about pairings they don't like?

user, you've seen similar happen here.

>Going to SSMB.

schedule.sxsw.com/2017/events/PP96507
that better chump?

As if it's any worse than /sthg/.

I know, & that makes it even worse.

Eh, they're not that bad.

>Sorry user, Sonic's a bum.
Do you think he crashes at random people's houses when the weather is bad?

This was tagged as Knuckles but it doesn't look like them to me. Who is this?

>Sonic crashes at his friends, or complete strangers houses whenever it's raining or thundering
>Because he's a hero, people don't mind

That's pretty likely, desu.

Who /PendingMemberatSonicRetro/ here?

A lost Penders OC?

People still go to Sonic Retro?

This is the only place I talk about Sonic

I do but only use it as a sort of wiki. On some subjects it has better info, images, etc than the actual wikis.

Can someone link me to the episode/clip of SB where Sticks went full Alex Jones?

It's from the Sonic comic.
It might actually be Knuckles from the past.
And by that I mean Knuckles lived in Tikal's time chilling and being a druid and shit.

The ending sucked ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=onHnN8d6g5w

>Emy
>Sorm
>Sadow

Am I being worked, or was those typos?

twitter.com/itsamike/status/831594392406392833
based pollock
securing his job by sucking up to the fans

Top kek

I saw that too. I usually tolerate Sonaze but that guy makes it so hard. I'm going to like Sonamy more just in spite of that.

Interesting. Do you have more?

>mexican
>"you hold the green card to my heart"
i never knew the sonic x comics were this funny

Amazing

Much better!

Sally Confirmed for Smash

I think they are.

thanks kid

More like, "Sally confirmed for trash"!

It wasn't really expanded upon, just that Knuckles is originally from the past and somehow ended up thousands of years in the future.

Yeah I mean, constantly going "your ship a shit lmao muh otp 4 life!" isn't going to make people change their minds. It just makes you look like an idiot.

To be honest, SSMB isn't really that bad. There's some cool people there, & there's worst sites to discuss Sonic.

worse*

Exactly. I don't understand why shitting on another pairing to make your otp look better is necessary. Like just ship your ship and except that people like different things. This is why I barely go on there. I only go for the news.

>caring about "ships" or "pairs" at all

What'd you expect from fans of anything, mate?

Agreed.

It's because these people are genuinely invested in and believe their ship is the "real, true" one. Just the mere notion that it isn't and another is upsets them on a deeply personal level. Remember the user who threw his mom over KnucklesxRouge?

>It's Valentines Day
>People are enjoying time with loved ones
>People are likely to have romantic times with their better halves
>I'm sitting here reading shipping discussions of a Blue Rat and his friends on a Polynesian basketweaving writing-wall

Where did it all go wrong? Also happy Valentines day.

It's Valentines Day.

Yeah and I didn't know that someone threw their mother over a fictional pairing? Sometimes people really go overboard with shipping.

You came on here.

Also, Happy Valentine's Day! :D

>I didn't know that someone threw their mother over a fictional pairing
What's even worse is how it got to that point in the first place. The dude was, I think, early high school age when he got so obsessed with the ship he essentially sealed himself off from society, not even going to school, just to continue ship related activities. His mother got severely worried and upset and threatened to take his computer away, which prompted said throwing.

That sounds terrible. I hope she's alright.

Story?

There's actually a screencap of that thread somewhere. Hopefully someone has it.

Here you go

>things that never happened.jpg

I know, right? Why would anyone spend that much time writing
>/v/
Yep, that explains it.

Kek thanks.

Is Shadow supposed to be Mexican in the anime?

I want ___ABT___ to be my Valentine!

But seriously, I think his parents were overprotecting him wich caused such bullshit.

That moment where his mother was sleeping at his door is not touching or anything it's a sign of obsessed parent who don't know how to raise children.

Well now I feel like shit-
>see this
fucking kek

The real problem is that OP was a faggot and making up a sob story to get (You)s. You might be a bit too trusting when it comes to Veeky Forums, especially /v/.

Shit son, one kid in Russia killed his own father when he prohibited him to play Gothic 2.
So shit like OP is more than possible.

Sure, but did he spend three-and-a-half hours posting about it on Veeky Forums?

At least his mom's alright.

So how long have Archie Sonic subs been off their website now?

Archie Sonic is as good as cancelled.

Tomorrow marks a month since they were first spotted off the site.

Archie Sonic has a good ass*

Fixed that for you.

A month went by quick. Such a strange situation, though.

Cute!

Sonic doesn't have an ass. Prove me wrong.