What is the ultimate kei car?

What is the ultimate kei car?

strawpoll.me/12532391

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNNZwhfG_UQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jueRkQzX8-M
monster-shop.jp/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2212&number_of_uploads=0&language=en
youtube.com/watch?v=qEnn_jM6TBU
youtube.com/watch?v=ibhmSFPW8I4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually considering buying one of these

Of the ones in the poll the AZ-1, but the true king of the keis is the ALTO WORKS RSR

>640x409

Have a higher res on me, friend.

Subaru Sambar

>inb4 bedford rascal

After ending up hoplessly in love with my Mk. II Swift GTi I'm having dreams of getting a Cappuccino when I leave the third world for europe or australia. However, I wanna swap it with a G13B engine and add a turbo just so it isn't a downgrade in the "Holy fuck this car can kill me" department.

How hard/expensive is it getting a Cappuccino in germany? Thinking of doing a masters degree there and perhaps becoming a hardworking citizen instead of the lazy fucktards that go there from here expecting everything to be free.

>pic related: an engine slightly over 100kg putting down slightly under 400hp. Now imagine that in a fucking Cappuccino.

>Autozam AZ-1
>1,587 lbs

>Suzuki Cappuccino
>1,598 lbs

>Honda Beat
>1,675 lbs

The answer is clear.

glad to see Suzuki dominating another thread

here is my list

Suzuki Cappuccino
Suzuki Cara(AZ-1 before rebadge)
Suzuki Mighty Boy
Suzuki Alto Works RSR
Suzuki Twin

unfortunately i dont own a Kei car yet, but here is one of my Suzuki X90s

I kind of want to import a cappuccino. They look fun as fuck but then I think that it'll just be a 3/4 size special snowflake Miata that is more expensive and probably worse to drive

I really like the Honda Beat, especially the factory zebra print seats for extra coolness.

They're pretty cheap and I seriously considered buying one, but it's too impractical of a car to get much use out of here.

Nope, unless you have a flat tappet cam. Then zddp is what you care about and you can buy an additive to put in.

Guys, Cappuccinos can be had for like 8k imported in good shape. It's a better Miata.

but I could buy two miatas for $8k

how hektik would a "big" turbo capp be though? A man can dream ~

just swap in a Hyabusa motor

yeah those look cool too
>not making 200hp on 1600 lbs car

is that motor turboed or did you do the G16b block with G13b head swap?

cant imagine any other ways to get 300+ out of that motor

pic related: its my one of my G16b engines

That car has a Hayabusa engine with a GT28RS. Makes just under 400hp. Weighs about 1575lbs. Big money in a car like that though, almost everything in the car would have been replaced.

y no s660?

Pic related.

because it is still unobatium for the next 25 years to us Americans. Looks sick, probably never going to be able to own it, as by the time it would be legal either:

* driving cars is illegal
* Trump made importing cars illegal and driving anything other than burgermobiles illegal

that is the perfect track car for me.

going to the track and harassing/beating asshats in GTRs and lambos and shit would be hilarious.

here is a vid of a guy in a Swift harassing a GTR
youtube.com/watch?v=wNNZwhfG_UQ

what's the point though? Tires only so wide will fit. seems like anything over 200 hp on 165 tires is a waste

You can fit 235s on the rear and 215s on the front without modifying the body.

bro

wide fenders

youtube.com/watch?v=jueRkQzX8-M

it's practically cheating lmao

>nearly lapped his whole class, 2nd place in the class above

ok ok, I want one. I'd be happy with "just" 120 hp off a "big" turbo and ECU mod though which would still be double the hp of stock though without having to do a crazy engine swap

GT15 will do that.

>mfw a stock engine capp with ecu mod revs to over 9000

monster-shop.jp/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2212&number_of_uploads=0&language=en

>tfw you have to wait 25 years for this

its a 660cc shitbox engine that isnt very impressive

It's a turbo G13B. Stock G13B conrods, G13B crank and low-comp pistons from a G16B, ARP head studs, stock cams, solid lifters, ported head, a Haltech Sprint 500 ECU, 880cc injectors, stock distributor and a Turbonetics turbocharger in a size I can't remember.

Prev owner did all the work, to be honest. So far I've only done manteinance to it and installed a GReddy EBC. It currently has a very mild tune, good enough for 170hp at the wheels and at 2600 meterd above sea level, limited at 6500rpm and 13psi. The prev owner managed a 11.8 quarter mile which is mighty impressive in our shitty track and with the air density here. It has been a steep learning curve but I've done well in a couple of track days.

I'm fucking addicted to the way this car just goes, I can only imagine that a similar-specced engine in a RWD, lighter and roadsterier car like the Cappuccino would be an absolute blast. I wanna rage that dream, user, but it's impossible to get a Cappuccino in this hellhole.

>pic related

>2600 meterd above sea level
what country are you in?

do you only drag race it? if you road race it, i would upgrade the valves and get some crazy revs out of it(8-9k rpm)

im planning out a build with a G16b block and G13b head, NA, high revs to go in my X90 pictured here : RWD, manual, light(2300lbs range, will measure soon). i cant wait. the worst part is that it is body on frame because its based on the Tracker so lowering kits and shit dont exist, ill have to make my own path.

I'm so split on the AZ-1 and the cappuccino. The cappuccino has the glorious open top and FR. And I know a guy that owns one and plans to swap a 13b renesis into one. The AZ-1 has a more unique look (which could be good or bad), glorious gullwing doors, and MR

im also considering all the cars i listed here to do a rotary swap

here is a Cappuccino with a 13B and it makes me hard

there is a great rotary shop just down the street from my shop that would totally do it for me if i wanted it too

youtube.com/watch?v=qEnn_jM6TBU

>I'm so split on the AZ-1 and the cappuccino
But neither of them have a cool interior like the Beat

Why not both?

they are both Suzukis(The AZ-1 is made by Suzuki the rebadged for Mazda). this is why Suzuki is my favorite manufacturer

Thats what the Suzuki X90 is for

Those hybrids are very well known here and, AFAIK, they work pretty well. That punch in an X90 is bound to be awesome.

I live im Bogota, Colombia, and Swifts are pretty popular here since they were built at the local GM plant. They're maybe the most revered car in motorsport here and rape contemporary EG Civics in both circuit and drag racing. Neither the altitude nor the shitty dinosaur piss we call premium pump gas help much so to be on the safe side I drive it on the streets with around 200whp.

Prev owner did a bit of everything with it and so have I. Drag racing is fun but I've enjoyed time attacks even more, slowly getting a feel for the car and getting to know the prons and cons of the chassis. Things can get hektik pretty quickly at speed with such a short wheelbase and low weight!

Frankly, the last thing the car needs is more power although 9k revs would be fucking sweet. What it needs the most is a better driver and then a proper suspension setup.

I'd love to know how that G16DOHC project of yours turns out, user, keep us informed!

i'd love a kei car but the only ones in my country are 30 grand + because meme tax

Are you a 20 year old female?

Is SA really a shithole like it always seems to be?

>pic just to stay on topic

>Last year we had an election in which people were asked if they approved negotiating the peaceful termination of a civil war that has raged for almost a century. The majority of people voted, "No".
>College education costs, in average, US$3k per semester...in a country where minimum wage is just a tad over US$200.
>A couple of years ago, a racecar driver whose father is one of the most influential figures in national motorsport died. At the track. Because he drowned in a lake. In the 21st century.
>You can't import a used car unless you're a diplomat
>86RON "premium" fuel is almost US$4 a gallon even though it's a petroleum exporting country

I don't know about the rest of SA but life here is shit. And I've had it easy, I've had access to education and a decent enough car to enjoy my passion with. Soon as I'm done with college I'll finish my german lessons, license myself as a spanish/english/german translator and get the fuck away from here.

I wanna work hard and earn a dream life in germany with a qt3.14 aryan close to the burgerking and going for drives in a Midnight Purple G13B-swapped turbo Cappuccino.

Beats are way more unstable at speed too generally.

I'm partial to the Honda Beat because Jeremy Clarkson said a person who's 6'5" could fit in one comfortably

>looking at little babby sized cars with less than 1 litre engines
>most have the same redline as my 1.8 corolla
why even live? all i want is an engine with the same capacity as a standard water bottle that revs to the moon

the fuck does your corolla rev to? are we talking 86?

like 6100 or so

get a Cappuccino or Beat. they both rev to 8.5-9k stock and a cap with a tune an go to 11

no one sells those things around here except for a zillion bucks each because they're all modded to the shithouse
might have to import one

out of the way, philistines

pls dont come to australia we are full

dat daihatsu copen

lmao it's so tiny the fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=ibhmSFPW8I4

>earn a dream life in germany
good luck with that

I wish kei convertibles would make a comeback/become more popular or have something similar come along. I would fight a person for an Autozam.

quite like the honda beat

>Fiero's and X90s

I love you.

That, or Honda City Turbo II

Funny enough, this was my second choice

did the bike come with the car?

Why do niggers hire models and then photoshoot them with a lame car near the city sewer?

Yeah, the Motocompo was part of the package, it folds up and fits in the trunk

Suzuki Jimny

I dunno, it's just a randon Cappuccino image I found on google.

Fuck, each time I look at it I want it even more.

K. Still, don't use niggermade pics pls.

aw shucks, thanks!

here is another pic

>lmao it's so tiny the fuck

>in a kei car thread

... Yeah?

Enjoy dying when you hit a road sign in your paper thin kars

>ur only alowed 2 do fun things if its 100% safe!

>because it is still unobatium for the next 25 years to us Americans.
Sucks to be fat.

>tfw no cappuccino to weekend drive in

Actually no, the bike wasn't sold with the car, but yeah they did designed it to fit into a honda city trunk.

>ultimate kei car
>3 options
>doesn't have objectively best answer

Motherfucker

At least we can all agree Suzuk a best.

Suzuk is a funny way to spell Nissan.

Post five Nissan kei cars.

quality over quantity my man

Isn`t the Micra technically not a kei car?

>what is the ultimate kei car
>kei car
>car

You seem to have missed the point of this thread kid, as well as a few English classes.

The March is a Kei car, how new are you?

>How hard/expensive is it getting a Cappuccino in germany?

There are 3 online right now.
Yes, in the entire country.
The cheapest one is 9000€. For a car from 1994, with 64 horsepower, and 66000 miles on it,

and here it is.

why do germans always have such a shit taste for optical tuning

That is the reason it is "cheap"...

Sure got me, mister.

G U L F

The two that don't look retarded cost 14k and 15k.

Why is the miata on the list?

Because it's not.

bro you need to let us write in answers

Not too much if you Live on Chile, here if you're a foreigner you can import a (single one) car independent of the condition if new or used, and year of fabrication. And mod it to your hearth's content. But if it's a JDM RHD must be converted to LHD, there's a shitty city called Iquique where a lot of JDM cars arrive to be sold locally and exported to Bolivia, Peru and Paraguay (I think), and there you can find workshops speciallized on these kind of conversions. I saw a couple of GT-R R32, Legacys B4, Celicas All-trac, and other weird cars as Toyota Sera, and WiLL Cypha converted to LHD.

>always liked kei cars but never got too interested
>yesterday went to visit a friend
>he has a Beat and Cappuccino in his garage
>wants me to drive them both
>offers to let me borrow one for a week
>get extremely hyped
>I wake up
>it was a fucking dream
>mfw

I fucking dreamt about almost driving a Cappucino. The worst part is how bummed I was when I woke up since I didn't even know I wanted one that bad.

i kno that feel bro

no it isnt you tard

its too big in size and displacement