What is the ultimate luxury brand?

What is the ultimate luxury brand?

Unquestionably Rolls. The words "Rolls Royce" and the Spirit of Ecstasy carry with them the connotation of total and complete luxury more than any other word or thing.

Aston Martin if you want taste and prestige.

Rolls-Royce if actual luxury and comfort is your sole concern.

Bentley almost never.

also voting for RR. Really the most opulent auto ever produced in largish numbers.

Rolls Royce if you are the passenger.
Aston Martin if you are the driver.

If you actually plan on driving every day and not impressing Arabs

Depends of what you mean by luxury. If you mean brand name, then it's probably bugatti. If you mean excessive comfy, Rolls or Maybach.

If I wanted a luxury sedan, I'd go for a Rolls-Royce. but for a Luxury coupe; an Aston Martin.

Lincoln :^)

/thread

quite the opposite from my experience, mercs/amgs seem to be the daily of choice for rich arabians and their kids

Best post. Well put.

Trabant

Yep same here

>ultimate luxury
>Lexus' """"modern"""" design
pick one

literally the only correct answer, Wartburg shitters can go suck a fart out of my ass.

Bugatti is the brand name that will most immediately tell people that you are insanely wealthy.

Rolls Royce probably edges out Bentley for name recognition in comfy sedans.

I think you mean a Lexus or a Suburban. Merc is probably easier to care for than a handmade British car, but they cost about as much to insure for a reason.

>cost about as much to insure for a reason.
lel no they don't

Only classic Bugattis are luxury in the traditional sense.

I've actually driven most models of these, rolls royce all day.

>driving yourself in a S class.

Why do people do this? You might as well drive a truck at that point.

What was wrong with the Astons? Or the Bentleys for that matter? Can you give a

>quick rundown

of your opinions on each? Genuinely curious.

Bentleys = VAG trash ruined by niggers

Nothing luxurious about Bentley and Rolls anymore. Luxury doesn't just mean having wood and leather everywhere, it's being bespoke and hand crafted. Throwing different bodies on a chassis from a $50k car doesn't make it anywhere close to the "ultimate," just like the ultimate watch doesn't have a generic ETA movement. Aston makes some strange decisions but at least they are operating on their own for the most part.

>I have never driven a luxury car: the post

Letting someone else dive your car may as well be the same as letting someone else fuck your wife

Lincoln used to be top-tier in the 40s-60s but the oil crisis fucked up the company and they never bounced back.

Aston Martin is more comparable to Ferrari and Lambo than Bentley and Rolls Royce imo. Maybach would be a better fit.

Aston isn't luxurious enough to be in there, would replace with high end mercedes.

The new Maybach is sorta understated, looks just like an S-Class but is comfy af inside.

rolls royce: old money
bentley: new money
aston martin: enthusiast money

Knowing that nothing is going to break in 100k miles with just regular maintenance is the ultimate luxury

Knowing that in the rare event something does need repair it won't require selling a body part on the black market to afford is the ultimate luxury.

I actually agree that their current exterior design is a bit of a mistake, because also being able to enjoy the comfiest seats and ride quality available in a car and a naturally aspirated V8 without drawing attention is another ultimate luxury.

People that need a Rolls or a Bentley are simply badgewhores.

And when it boils down to it, you're not even buying a "Rolls," you're buying a last-gen BMW 7-Series. You're not buying a "Bentley," you're buying a last-gen VW Touraeg.

Come to think of it, with the new LS and LC, they aren't based on any existing Toyota models. Another ultimate luxury.

This

You're not buying an "Aston" you're buying a last gen Ford Fusion.

>Letting someone else dive your car may as well be the same as letting someone else fuck your wife

Lexus is basically a Toyota model with different trim and interior option not made by the same factory, so they can get away with branding. It is the same for GMC/Chevrolet, Mercury/Ford, Honda/Acura. The side brands are not really the same or numerically superior out of the bunch so that is the illusion of luxury.

Bentleys are what rappers and wannabe wealthy people buy. Never wanted one.
Saw a bentayga for the first time the other, was being driven by a trophy wife.

Lexus has different factories for assembly than Toyota, and once again, neither of these two new Lexus are based on any Toyota.

Same can't be said for Rolls or Bentley. In fact I can't think of any Rolls or Bentley model that was completely engineered from scratch.

What Toyota model is the LS based on?

Rolls' are just fancy 7 series

Rolls Royce is BMW

That's odd. My favorite Lincolns are from the 70s.

why am i not surprised that Veeky Forums thinks lexus produces the ultimate luxury cars

That's literally two people in this thread, and they've gotten shit on plenty.

A used Lexus is a fantastic option if you're not ACTUALLY rich. Also the dealerships treat you like a living god

Show me the 7 series Rolls.

Probably because your a nigger

They're not comfortable at all.

Rolls Royce.

>when you need 12 artisans just to build your interior

>rebadged landscaper's pickup truck but with a hatch
>luxury
This is what Americans actually think. No wonder you handbags will never manage to produce an actual luxury car.

Already sat multiple times in a veyron , it's confy as fuck...

there's something called suspension you retard

Bristol

Was it LJK Setright that wrote that a true car enthusiast should refer to them as a 'Royce' because Henry Royce was the engineer but Charles Rolls was only the salesman?

This was the ultimate luxury car, the Thema 8.32.

Every piece of the interior was designed with a simple concept in mind: the hands of the driver and passengers would only have had to touch luxury materials in EVERY spot.

Flying past anyone in a high performance car pushed to its limits on the autobahn with complete stability seems very luxurious to me and would really show those peasants.

>that comfy feel when some redneck in a lotus keeps up with you for about a mile before something breaks on it and the car flips out of control, off the road and kills the driver while you carry on with only one hand on the steering wheel as you adjust your monical after chuckling too hard at the poor chaps fail attempt.

It's a glorified Fiat with a FWD Ferrari engine. No better than switching out the plastic dashboard on a Chevrolet for fake wood and calling it a Cadillac.

>

Too much brown
Looks like an old slipper

Rolls Royce.

Not even a contest.

Spicy meme

Lexus