BMW

Whatever happened to the BMW threads... used to see them all the time!

Lets talk about our saggy gloveboxes here

Heres my pretend 318ti (316i Compact) with some /pol/ inspo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ucd71SZfImI
youtu.be/YXgM8fcBBwE
youtu.be/QtQQEl9eWjQ
youtu.be/Y4R66MRVEZY
youtube.com/watch?v=O2oLx2ZzeuU
vid.me/TwJx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Whatever happened to the BMW threads

i understand now, sorry

you are a sad person

heres my 525i msport

not the strongest 5 series i know but still very happy to own this car at only 19

im trying to find an e36 or e30

this. holy fuck. we are probably out enjoying our bmws. thats what happened. I use to post bmw generals but

life happened and i have been working on it a lot trying to get every last bolt on complete. Doing it and not talking about it helps.

And yes i was able to remove the fuel tank cap by doing this.

Does somebody know about e36 maintenance cost in Germany? I wanna get a 323, 325 or 328 to learn car control with rwd and do some basic maintenance myself, but I am only 20 and uni is time consuming. Dunno if it is really that expensive as some ppl say or actually cheap af since parts are plenty...

Dirt cheap. Don't believe american memers

Haven't even driven bae in a while. I did spend $2500 on coilovers though and sold my shitty megans.

Sup lads, I'm considering buying a e87 116i. Am I about to make a huge mistake and are the 122ps really as lackluster as people make it out to be?

It looks like the contemporary clownshoe.

>are the 122ps really as lackluster as people make it out to be?

No, they are worse.

Burger here. Don't fall for the memes

I own a 92 325i. Cooling system is dogshit so that needs replacing asap if you get one. Also mine blew the headgasket (if your car keeps overheating even if you replaced entire cooling system, this is why) it's a dirt cheap car that runs amazing when maintained and parts aren't all that much. Mine had 300k when I bought it and had a blown muffler (it's loud as hell).

I got it because I wanted something to enjoy and work on. Buy some grippy tires and you got yourself a wild ride. Stay away from 4 bangers unless you want 0-60 in double digits and no Hektik skidz

They stopped long before this actually. Veeky Forums is just all memes and shit so everyone has moved off to other forums.

lmao

Mine. 99 M3 Convertible. Have had it for 12 years. Great summer car.

I came across some cool e36 channels recently.

youtu.be/Ucd71SZfImI
youtu.be/YXgM8fcBBwE
youtu.be/QtQQEl9eWjQ

Only turks drive BMW.

Get a Volvo or Geert Wilders will come to you in your sleep and deport you.

Remind me to take a picture of my dark blue E36 318i. It's my daily.

>Only turks
And Slavs. We just love BMW.

have another one
youtu.be/Y4R66MRVEZY
thanks for your answers, just searched for one and they are getting kind of pricey and there aren't any good ones available under 5k...really bumbed out about it

Did you get your car MOT'd today?
It runs out today

always love the convertibles
whenever i see one on the street they always look really good and make me want to get one

LAST TIME I CHECKED IT WAS SATURDAY

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

I had the same problem . That is how I ended up with one. I am a sucker for the styling of the E36M3. I just wish we got the Euro spec engine.

Nothing too impressive about my 323i but the family I bought it from picked it up in Germany and had it shipped over to the US

This isn't the 00s. Turks drive merc now just like all the other shitskins

>yfw 2007 civics are worth more than 2007 3 series now

I picked up this shitbox to flip - BMWs are a meme.

>muh v10 with no torque
>muh flabby panels

e60 m5, gay ass color too

sorry, flabby PADDLES

My 1994 530i touring. Today I worked out a potential deal to trade my E30 carcass for an M62B44 and 6 speed from an E39 540i.
The car is rusty as fuck, but it was actually free, so fuck it. I haven't gotten to drive it but I like it so far. Seems really comfy and kinda sporty at the same time, or at least as sporty as a wagon can be. I think the 300hp V8 and manual would do it good.
I want to learn some rust repair because it's mostly on the roof and non-structural parts like rear quarters, doors and a little on the roof. It probably won't be worth it, but I don't care, I have nothing better to spend my time on.

My daily 318is

Nice Car

Have one in similar colour myself, also a 530 with the vee ayte. Something is fucked up in the car, possibly electronics as it doesn't like revving properly, just stutters and backfires like it was running on 4 cylinders.
Works fine past 2k rpm though, am suspecting the fuel pump, coil pack grounds and the DME being fucked. Possibly all 3.

Bought a new drift missile for the next 2 summers, already converted it to M52b28tu, but still have stuff to fix on it. Converting the ECU to MS43 to get a proper map and hopefully fix the stock laggy throttle response. Put a much shorter diff from a 318 automatic into it, makes it feel much more japanese.

Also have this chassis and thought about just using it, but it is just too clean to bash in amateur events (rusting is a huge problem where I live).

oh hey ollie.

hi chris hows it going xx

Tfw my old coupe I started drifting with was completely beat up after 3 years

its going good xx
hows the kids? xx

was it worth swapping the M52 in it? is the shell at least not completely rusted?

Yeah considering it had a 1.8 in it originally. It only takes me a weekend to do it anyway as I already had the electricals sorted and the rest of the parts you need are just OEM stuff from the scrappys. Original 325s cost too much here to justify beating them up.

It isn't that rusty, only surface rust on areas like arches that I'll be cutting up anyway because I run 0 camber and you can't really fit any bigger wheels with that. It just has shitloads of dings, scratches, fucked paint, shitty interior repairs which don't really matter when you're going sideways.

I'd go for a M50b25 because it has an iron block if I planned to turbo it, but parts for them are becoming really rare and expensive so it's simpler to just use E46 and E39 engines as they're basically a bolt-on swap and are becoming really really cheap here.

why do you guys with E36 coupes not get the M3? they arent that much more expensive and the driving experience is that much more worth it.

Really want to get an 07/08 335i, heard they're great cars and not to hard to modify

At least here they are around 6 times more expensive than 328s. And you can convert a normal E36 into a fake M3 and it will still end up cheaper. It's actually cheaper to swap a BMW v8 into one than it is to buy an M3 here.

is it a true conversion though? doesnt the M3 have some sub-frame shit done to it and other things here and there that would take some not worth it tier of modification?

Nope, you can pretty much convert E36s to M3s. You can't do that with E30s or E46s though

t. literally scrap E36s for profit sometimes

Oh, I forgot, you need to weld in strengtening plates to the rear subframe, but those aren't a big job and are an OEM part which you can get from a dealer. That's pretty much it.

the M3 needs those too

God that aged like shit

the e60 chassis has aged very well actually
pic related a 14 year old car

also dat v10 sound
youtube.com/watch?v=O2oLx2ZzeuU

>what the m5 looks like in photos

>what it looks like irl

that's a really shit photo tb h
see the E60 m5 in real life, it looks really nice from all angles

You're doing us all a favor really, I get quited pleased when other people scrap the compacts saying theyre shit.
They'll become more valuable than the coupes some day I can see it coming

-OP

It's the fuel pump.

So thinking about buying pic related, is there anything i should keep an eye out for besides usual wear and tear dealers try to hide?

122k miles $4.6k

>frosty out of jail
??????????????????????????????

or wrong frosty?

I want one of these, currently thinking of selling my boxster for one or an M6.

I don't care about the lack of torque, or how disgustingly slow the smg3 is (testdrove a friends m6, only S5/6 mode was decent), or how the launch control literally destroys the clutch.

that noise makes it worth it.

Get a load of this shit

I recently bought a BMW and the previous owner had some xenon lights installed. Today I went by the stealership to get a 49 point inspection done and it came back all fine and dandy. However, because the xenon lights are aftermarket the car doesn't recognize them until they warm up so every time the car starts up it gives an indicator malfunction warning that goes away when the lights are turned on.

Now here's the goodies, they wanted to charge me $4192 to remove the malfunction warnings when the car starts up. You know what I said as soon as I heard that? "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" met with a look of unease.

How can anybody justify this? Do people actually go to dealerships once the warranty expires?

the couple times i've gone to the dealership i was told to fuck off because my Z3 was too old and they no longer had the diagnostic tools for it. they refused to touch the car :p

fuck em'

Did a waxy.

That's a coupe :^)
I just cut off the rear because somebody wanted it.

I've been out since February.

noice

I'm typically not a huge fan of E36, but that looks great. What all have you done to it?

Not a whole lot. LTW splitter in the front, Eisenmann Race catback with 83mm tips, Active Autowerke track pipe with O2 simulators (which the shop somehow seemed to have broken), ST XTA coilovers, and a Condor tall weighted shift knob. I guess the glass headlamps as well.

I'm thinking of getting a FANCYWIDE diffuser still and a Conforti Shark Injector tune. If MS41 can remove speed governor and modify rev limiter, I might look into that instead. Also want to eventually get a LTW wing, probably from Abrahams Motorsport, to balance out the look of the splitter in the rear.

vid.me/TwJx

Anyone know?

On my E46 I've had small oil leaks happen. I'd take a look at the valve gasket covers and oil level sensor

Check this shizzle.
Two fucking yers, brand new.
German quality my ass

got new rims on my e90, pic coming