GO

GO

GO

anything that is
>Japanese
>RWD
>comes in manual
>relatively light
is going to receive praise no matter what, even if the car might fuckin suck.

civic is fwd

I WANNA DANCE

Depends what you mean by "good"

The common USDM model has like 90 horsepower, but equipped with the B16 engine(not available stock in the US) it can be a beast on the touge or track. One of first production NA engine to produce 100 hp/L

I will add even with the weaker engine it can still be a fun if you appreciate small nimble cars

What those lil hatches are capable of is pretty amazing.

That being said theres a huge difference between the POS you see being daily driven by some knob head and someone who is genuinely into upgrading and fine tuning one.

youtube.com/watch?v=N81cEqZEDVQ

youtube.com/watch?v=jDTs31fy3V4

Do modern civics count?
Thinking of getting one as a DD

no

too heavy
no double wishbone front and rear

1988 - 2000 are the best years

that said more modern Civics can be done up well too

FD2 Civic aka 8th gen civic was the last good one, specifivally the Si. there are a shit ton of aftermarket parts for it

I fucking love it, probably too much.

>spacious with Del Sol seats
>mad cargo space
>manual steering, no ABS, no traction control
>pretty good AC
>cheap as fuck parts
>30+MPG city even with an Si equivalent engine
>never ever breaks down despite how much I drive it
>never break the bank fixing it when it needs it

I want to keep it forever. Or until some cunt in an SUV destroys it and possibly takes me with it.

Jordan Cox is my new hero.

It was a cheap, lightweight, reliable car that had double wishbone suspension on all 4 corners

C O O L V I B R A T I O N S

O

O

L

V

I

B

R

A

T

I

O

N

S

Should I? He wants $2500 for it. So tempted...I could get integra or RSX instead.

"95 eg with b18 engine and tranny non gsr/ v-tec. Very fast. Has lowering Springs and camber kits front and rear. 2.5 exhaust front to rear. Cold air intake. Rear disc brake Integra upgrade. 15 inch Integra rims. Hid lights. Short shift kit and high performance clutch. Mono steering wheel. No rear seats or interior removed for weight. No power steering removed for power."

I would be all over it. It has mods that I would have wanted to do anyway. If it's all done right, you save a lot of money buying that instead of paying for all the parts and the swap yourself.

Only thing I don't care for is the removed interior. That actually doesn't weigh much at all so I like to keep it. The entire interior aside from the dash and front seats only weighs like 50 pounds combined.

fuck
link to 1st stage OST?

I see you'e rocking the mugen wheels, nice. Would love to get those on mine if I had the money for a set.

They're unfortunately replicas but they're still made in the 90's replicas. Real ones go for about a $1000 on eBay with the center caps. The center caps alone cost 1/3rd that.

Sadly curbed one of them because some old lady jumped into my lane without a warning so I'm bummed about that.

I'd love to pick up the real deal sometime. Maybe after I reshell the car. This one has a lot of hidden damage. The paint is awful too, but it looks good in pictures.

It will always be a wrong wheel drive shitbox. Get a s2000 or a Miata and stop trying to make performance civics a thing.

>equipped with the B16
Why stop there?

wew

>look up mugen RSX wheels
>750$ a wheel
LMFAO

I like Integra's better but that might be because I have one. The EG Civic and Integra share a lot of parts but the EG is lighter, don't bother with an RSX unless it's a Type-S, the K20A3 is a turd.

Also people who strip out the interiors on any Honda that isn't a dedicated track car are fucking retarded. The rear seats and interior plastic weigh barely anything, you trade negligible weight for a car that looks like ass on the inside and is basically woman repellent.

The Mugen tax is too strong. Luckily a lot of Mugen replicas are pretty good quality. I got a replica Mugen shift knob and it feels pretty great.

Agreed. I had the rear interior out for one day to clean it up a bit and the noise was ridiculous. That plastic does way more than I expected in terms of sound deadening.

Might end up putting actual sound deadening in sometime.

>replica Mugen shift knob
To be fair, if your shift knob breaks you can still drive home fine, if your wheels go you're in a whole new mess

I'm honestly surprised at the quality of my replica wheels. They've taken some nasty bumps no problem. Pretty good for some cast wheels from the 90's. Though the real thing is cast, too.

Just sucks that replacements are hard to find, even though they're replicas.

weren't old civics RWD like old corollas?

WE GOTTA DANCE UNTIL THE MORNING

Honda was never part of the RWD bandwagon. There is a reason their Civic Type R is FWD.

>no ABS
Maybe thats why you had to hit the curb in the rain :^)

>>equipped with the j32a
What are you, a faggot?

lol no, honda sticks to the sub optimal layout and targets the retarded fwd fanboy subgroup of enthusiasts.

>i got roasted by a civic: the post

Someone please post that niggerwalk meme where it's some guy losing a race to a civic(it says "oversteer" on the losing car) and then making an assblasted post about it

civics are rare af here, I have not seen a single old civic used for anyhting other than a grocery getter and I have not seen a single riced civic.
No reason to buy some shitty fwd shitbox when you can buy a rwd for half the price

D15b or B16A ?

Both are equally good for their purpose.

The d series is good at being fuel effecient, and the b series is good at making you sing initial d songs while driving.

Does that mean that B16s are meme taxed

No, they're pretty cheap all things considered. That's Hondas dude, everything is cheap in price and tons of options when it comes to cheap cars and cheap aftermarket/oem parts. That's why people like them, they're fun but don't destroy your wallet.

/honda shilling

ep > all

>engine inside the cab
wew, must be hot inside.

>No MUAHAHAHAHA
>I wanna dance
>I wanna dance
>GO
>GO
>GO
>GO

Missed oportunity

Is the Type R of that gen any good? I could get one for like 10k.

>Anything that has a lot of great qualities will be praised
gee user thanks for letting us know

fucking initial d

>yfw changing spark plugs

You can find the OST to all the stages on mega somewhere. Just Google initial d OST and look for some forum link where they classify every song and also provide the download link

Just get reps

corvanda? civette?

Only fuck heads get reps.

If you want to do pretend modifications you can just play NFS and pretend all you want.

1. Some of the EG / EJ Civics weighed as little as 2100 lbs (less than 1000 kg) - the heaviest trims were 2575 lbs. For comparison, the lightest trim of the current generation is 2740 lbs. For another comparison, a new Camaro SS starts at 3700 lbs.

2. Some of them had real VTEC. VTEC nowadays has nothing to do with the performance VTEC from the 90's.

3. Double-wishbones, double-wishbones everywhere.

4. Cheap as fuck to buy. Cheap as fuck to insure. Cheap as fuck to maintain. Cheap as fuck to repair. Cheap as fuck to modify.

5. God-tier transmission and clutch feel.

theres just something about a red eg hatchback that makes me just want to risk it all and get in the honda game