>Weeaboos with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12526679
charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/6008272371.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you guys want to try to plan a SAM?

strawpoll.me/12526679

/DBT/, Why are girls who ride dual sports so fucking ugly?

US poster. What is SAM?

>tfw $900 to rebuild top end
>tfw i don't want to spend that

Super Ameri-Meet

SuperAmeriMeet
We will vote on time and location in the coming weeks if there is enough feedback and interest.

Super AmeriMeet

we warned you about 4 strokes bro

New to bikes, but I'm tired of being nobike tons of ninja 250s in Austin-tx, is it an alright starter bike? I know its not fast but I don't trust myself not to wrap around a tree. (I like going fast)

Well america is huge. You could prob have a socal meet and be 10x bigger than SEM

it's literally the most recommended starter bike

It's a great starter bike, especially for people like you describe.

True but a lot of us live on the East coast, too.
Baird suggested maybe an East coast SAM and West coast SAM, but I think the current plan it to have one bigger meet in the middle of the country for ease of planning, all depends on what people vote for though.

last week of april in moab.

yes Ninja 250s are the universal starter bikes.

I got memed

>2 wheel fags will never drive on fresh snow

Having 2 makes way more sense. Maybe schedule them a week apart so people could do both if they wanted to go on a larger trip.

T-thanks anons. Should have read the sticky.

nice training wheels kid

In near 10 yrs riding motorcycles now as a somewhat experienced car trackday guy and CDL holder before i got my motorcycle permit i went SV650 z1000 fz09. i rode a ninja 250 1st gen last year and thought...holy shit this is fun, still feels plenty of fast, ive never had a bad time on any motorcycle ever. Get whatever you can afford and welcome to a whole new world. Your life will forever be changed.

All good motofriend

checkmate

In near 10 yrs riding motorcycles now as a somewhat experienced car trackday guy and CDL holder before i got my motorcycle permit i went SV650 z1000 fz09. i rode a ninja 250 1st gen last year and thought...holy shit this is fun, still feels plenty of fast, ive never had a bad time on any motorcycle ever. Get whatever you can afford and welcome to a whole new world. Your life will forever be changed.Yea i mean i live in the SE but id never actually want to meet any of yall. Anonymous motherfucker.

The rules are that you can't dox anyone from a meet.
If you don't want to go, that's cool, but the memes would be great

RC390 is the same motor, same power, same torks as the 390 duke, friendo.

>frame rail blocking the oil viewing glass
wow that's convenient

that's not a frame rail that's a crash cage you eejit

Looking for a used commuter. Choices right now are $2500 cad for a 2011 CBR250, 26,000km but looks taken care of; or $3500 cad for a 2015 YZF-R3 with 2000km from a reputable dealer.

Is that with you doing the work? I thought you already had the piston out.

What are you buying for $900 besides rings?

I saw this today

BADDA BING

There's enough space between the crash bar and the sight glass to make it easily read... (not my bike but I did buy the memebars)

HNNNNNGGG

$20- head gasket
$5- valve cover gasket
$69- cam chain
$300- having head work done including new valves and seats and shit. (intake valves are worn but not destroyed)
$210- have cylinder replated because it's showing some wear
$192- New OEM piston and rings. Original piston was damaged when the ring broke
$48- new drive chain (not engine work but i still need it)
I can do the assembly myself but not any of the machining.
In this pic you can see the intake valves are flush with the head surface. With these engines they should protrude a little bit when in good condition.

>

I would just get whatever is cheapest unless you don't think you will want to upgrade. I have an r3 and its a lot of fun

Don't get it confused, you can definitely fuck yourself up on a Ninja 250. But it will be more forgiving with low speed mistakes.

meh

its an rg500 with a replica fairing

there is cum fucking EVERYWHERE

Valves aren't finished as long as there are shims available that fit. Yes, they sink into the head. That's why they make thinner shims. They were working before the rings broke, no?

Not sure what you mean by the Nikasil "showing wear"... Is it flaking off? Worn through to the substrate? Gouged or scratched? No? Buy a piston and rings and cam chain (if the engine had a sudden stop, otherwise optional) assemble the engine and ride.

Or you can leave the engine parts in a box inna garage to tell your kids about, how when you rode.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>still need to ID this helmet

Yeah but i'm pretty sure the intake valves were leaking anyway. And I know they don't have a whole lot of life left in them anyway.
All the crosshatching is gone on the cylinder wall. It's not going to seal or hold oil as well as it should.
I'd love to just throw in a new piston and ride but I want to keep this bike a long time so I want to make sure it's in a condition where I won't have to worry about wear for a long time.
And I have 2 other bikes to ride.

>Drum rear

how's your """""""""""adv""""""""""" been going?

say that again

>still haven't started sorting gear out for moab
i think this trip may end up be 50% or more winging it.
may also hit the ORbdr on the way down

>people posting dirt squirters on snow like it's anything impressive
lmao'ing @ ur life

>50% or more
I'm just shooting for 85% or less

Pretty good m8, been moving the last couple weeks so haven't had much time to ride though.

since when did you get a canopy for the truck?

Erm, like 2011 I think. I never have it on unless I'm moving

More money to save up, such is life...

>People being on a bike thread when they dont own one

NOBIKES OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

Howdy fellas, I lurk here on and off pretty frequently and I just got a honda 750 four as a project bike. According to the guy that gave it to me, all it needs is to flush the gas and a new battery, what am I in for?

open carbs drain plug
drain fuel
close drain plug
fill tank up
replace battery

20 minutes of work tops

The only other bike I owned was a Honda Magna v65 but I sold it for college

Pics or it didn't happen

Recommend short guy, comfy, dual sport for future nobike user.

dr650 with seat concepts seat and mini screen

Thinking heavily about the DR650, unfortunately gotta wait till it's on the market, but its made the list.

You selling the sv?

Yep, unfortunately going to be a long term thing before I get another bike. Thinking about re-joining the Army once I drop my fatfuck weight, should take roughly 8 months. So going to get my new bike once I get to a new unit if I am actually able to rejoin. If not, then sometime next year will be a new bike.

Meh I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, but it's good you want to improve yourself and re enlist.
I'm in a similar situation actually, considering whether to re enlist or go finish AAS in Network Administration and get my CCNP.
I think I'm going to go try school and see how it goes, if i can't get the loans I need I'll probably reenlist tho

My biggest problem, I fucking hate college. I'm passing and shit, but it's piss boring and I miss army. It's insane, because 3 years ago when i got out I said I'd never miss it, but here I am, 2 and a half years into college and I'd rather be at a week long FTX then in class.

>then
fuck. than*

Are you majoring in something you like?
I have a decent homelab that I've spent all my time with for the last 4 years so I really know what I want to do and like doing, so I guess that's good but I'll probably end up being bored at school too.
Only saving grace is that with an Associate's of Applied Sciences you don't take any gen-eds at all so I get right into the meat and potatoes, albiet it will be beginner level intro to networking and computers

>Caring about grammar on a Mongolian basket weaving forum
I really like that color on the sv though, I don't think I would like it on most bikes but it looks good

Greetings cunts

What do you mean on the market? Dr650 has been on the market for like 15 years

I love what I'm majoring, but everybody in my major is an autistic retard. To tell you how bad it is, the most popular dude literally stares at everybody in the tutor room and when you ask "what's up?" he just huffs real loud and then goes on a smoke break, it's depressing as fuck.
Been thinking about going into engineering. But army is still far more fun and has way less tards than college. That is saying something
I really wish I knew what color the PO had done to it so I can do my next bike similar to it.

Local market, my man. Only DR is a 200cc, and they're trying to sell them for 3200 dollars. Bullshit, because the 650s last year was 2-2.5k, with a max of 3.5k.

You are mistaken, both are full of tards the difference is college tards are rich on mummy and daddies money so they expect everything in life to be handed to them like it has been since birth

CTA? new cummies when?

Hopefully the community college kids aren't entitled tards, just tards

post pics of sister

Community college is half and half. i went to community college before army and it's full of people who are smart enough to know how to use the programs to pay less money than needed, country bros who just want trade school and actual tards who think bypassing an associates degree so they can get a BS at the state UNI will be as easy as the associates at a community college then fail the year after they transfer.

>week long ftx
Fucking lol'd m80

>I miss army
Said no one ever

Most are tards

selling muh old 2fiddy tomorrow

What say you deebeetee?
charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/6008272371.html
Looks good to me, I find it hard to believe the miles are that low though

Got my first bike today!

>shits fast

i wonder how long before he crashes, my money is on 3 weeks and 4 days from today.

Looks like some Halo shit.

Who knows!

>but it's piss boring and I miss army
The grass is always greener on the other side.
I tried going into the military ("""dream job""") but I'd need a waiver so I have no chance (already tried). I've been bumming at my rents trying to figure out what to do with my life. My biggest fear is obligating myself into something and being miserable.
I guess my best bet is to look into machining or something.

>20160429_191925.jpg
Thats a very stale image. Got any fresh ones mr roastie postie?

Moot pls stahp

>don't get a sportbike as a first bike
This is a meme perpetuated by sour grapes eurocucks and ausfags who aren't allowed to ride them and have to ride pile of shit babby bike mopeds instead.

heh kinda
narrowing the search to Nolans
if I don't find it I'm just gonna email the company to satisfy my curiosity

But my KLX. $2700

Or people with experience on how easy it is to crash a bike like that as a new rider and how expensive it is to fix it.

If you have shit balance and poor coordination, by all means buy the cheapest lightest babby bike you can.

Everyone does not fall into this category.

crashed my first bike the day i bought it

lowsided going into work

front braked while turning

felt dead inside the rest of the night