Ecoboost Thread

I fell for the memes guys. Going to pick it up in Texas. 24 hour drive.

I just bought an Ecoboost.

Pic related. This is now a Ford shill thread.

you're a big guy

4 u

for you

nice now you can BTFO GMFANGIRLS Allover the place

Enjoy failure

Yup, OP must have taken the picture because he has to drive 24 hours to get it.

Why Is the grille missing?
gm fags and their misleading photos Lmao

Nice truck. Hope you don't regret it
>IT AIN'T 5.0 THO

did you get ecoboost and ecotec mixed up?

I bought it from Copart and it already had a failure. :)

You guys can call me Cat150.

aww it's a slick looking truck

Put it in your name then asshole. Jeeeeezus!

Damn. Anybody checked the frame or are you just going to roll with the punches?

Hopefully didn't punch the front of the motor too hard.

I have a 1.6L Ecoboost. You only get to pick 1, eco or boost. These are not fuel efficient if you start to enjoy the torque.

Kind of a joke. I didn't come to an anonymous message board to become a namefag.

Just rolling with the punches. Wish me luck.

Buying a trailer whilst in Texas to tow it back.

im sure nobody bothered to check the frame after a severe collision like that

Why did you buy a severely damaged car?

because although it will never drive normal again and has zero resale
value even after being """"fixed"""" OP probably got a steal of a deal

To fix it. I enjoy working with my hands and it was dirt cheap.

I also plan on doing a Ecoboost or Coyote swap into a Ranger in the future.

The F150 regular cab had the most similarities that would make the swap the easiest. Although this is probably like 2-3 years away at my rate.

What the fuck? I thought OP bought a new one?

I've also been thinking about getting an F150 from Copart. Fixing one up a bit and having a cheap truck to tow with. How was the experience?

I live in California, so I can't bid without a dealer's license or using a broker. Broker's charge a percentage on top of the fees already and I read too many bad things. I tried finding a friend with a dealer's license, but didn't find anything.

So I ended up shopping in states with No License Required, hence why I have to drive to Texas to pick it up. Buying straight from Copart is pretty straight forward, just make a deposit and bid. Almost too easy. 2011-2014 F150s are going for 3-5k. I paid a little more since this was a special edition with Alcantara seats.

The price came out to about 15% more than my bid with Auction Fees, Sales Tax, etc. Texas tax is just as bad as Commifornia.

How damaged is it?

i spot a crossfire

Good idea going to another state so it's easier, I'd do the same.

I'm assuming those $3-5k F150s are salvage titles, like most of them as I see on Copart's website. I've never registered or insured anything other than a clean title, how did it go for you?

>>IT AIN'T 5.0 THO

It ain't 7.4. Not an argument.

Oh shit, F150s come with 7.4 liter motors?
Post source

I would say 90% of these cars are Salvage title from flood damage, minor cosmetic damage, to fire damage leaving nothing behind.

Some of the $3-5k were driveable condition, but would need stuff like fenders, a bed, taillights, bumpers etc. You could always just put a flatbed instead of an OEM bed.

Registration varies by state. Commiefornia has super easy registration. They only car that it passes smog if '75 or newer and could care less about anything. Just watch roadkill.

All we need for a car to be street legal is pass smog, tail lights, headlights, minimum of 1 mirror, fenders that cover the tires. Etc, you get the point.

You make an appointment with the CHP, they inspect to make sure the brake lights work. And that is about it. Oh, and fees, fees, fees. Commifornia just cares about smog and fees.

Hood's up

But the 7.4 ain't available in the newer models

I fell as well, ecoboost 2.3 block has been highly tuneable on the mustang without failure. I broke in my new focus rs 1000 miles now have my focus rs remapped to 370 whp / 380 tq all stock

Mine gets delivered on Friday. Same one as pictured.

Hello fellow eco bros.