First Cars Thread

Post your first cars, shitbox or not they all hold a place in our hearts.
96 Mazda 626
800 bucks off the lot and lasted me till I made it to college. God bless you Deborah you glorious bitch.

2001 Volvo S60 t5 manual
$5000
She's pretty fun, though the only downside is that it is FWD.

1997 Toyota Corolla
Hand-me-down of a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down
Lots of fun, still the best car I've ever driven.

1992 Chevy Lumina Euro

$1000 for my first car. Lasted me about 3 years before the engine grenaded at like 210k.

2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab

I was the ultimate badass in my Ford Tempo Coupe "Sport". Sport in the Tempo line equaled about 90 hp. With a 5-speed no less.

Always will have a spot in my memory - lot of great times tooling around the Bay Area in that thing.

Pros:
80% Perfect Paint
Cool Look
Awesome Exhaust for a V6
Runs and Drives Well
Cheap Enough to Insure (On my own with $108.21 a month for full coverage)
Friends Dig It
No Need for a Horn, Just Rev at People
Can Do Burnouts While The Rear Tires Are Still Cold
Interior is mint other than the B&M Meegashifter lacking a shift boot
Only $900
Rebuilt 36k ago when I got it

Cons:
20% of the paint is fucked
15.3MPG
Wheel Offset is fucked
Brakes were fucked but are now unfucked
Moderately slow but at least the auto TRIES. Pedal to the floor keeps in the powerband until right before peak hp (finally shifts at 4K, max hp is reached near 4600).
Putting four people in this creates a fight for the passenger seat
No OH SHIT handle or really anything to grab onto for passengers.

I love this car and am planning on keeping it until it dies. $900 could've done a lot worse and this at least gets me places and I enjoy revving it to summon my m8s when I arrive to get them.

Pretty much this one in the picture except way rustier.

1989 Gray Eurosport Celebrity with an Iron Duke

It was my dad's DD for over a decade, he gave it to me when he bought a Camry.

An 05' Honda Accord with the V6 and automatic. Was fun for a while, I only drove it during the summer, which is the only time i got to drive it really. I left for basic training and when i got back like two weeks later the transmission shit out on it, on top of me getting hit in the drivers side door a week prior and the navigation system not working resulting in a completely useless big screen factory head unit. Wish it didnt shit out on me as it was pretty fun to drive despite being a sedan. The v6 gave it quite a bit of power, wasnt anything super fast but it was fun to take off in and the 0-60 was around 6 seconds.

1997 Nissan 200SX SE-R.
Amazing car I bought off of my uncle and drove for 10 years starting in 2003.
Had sun roof, electric windows, stick.
Very reliable.
I miss it sometimes.

1996 Honda Accord
Leaned a few things:
Don't replace your stock radio (it will be stolen 3 times)
How to replace a radiator and fans
How to change your oil
What it feels like to go 90 mph
How to live in Dallas without AC
How completely obliterate leather upholstery
How to lose every street race you ever participate in gracefully
Why you shouldn't drive when the roads are icy
Why you wipe all the snow and ice off your windows before heading off
Why you don't wax plastic parts of the car
Why we don't get lazy about checking our blind spots before changing lanes
Why you never casually hand the keys of your car over to a friend or family member
How to be patient on the road when it's important

RIP

Not RIP actually. Sold her just 4 years ago, was still rolling strong

Im 18 and I bought this a month ago and holy shit its amazing for what I paid (3000 euros)
2002 W203 C220 CDI Elegance
It burns less than my moms pegout 206 I used to drive (~35mpg compared to ~25mpg). Really comfortable. Can actually fit 5 people in it (+1 in trunk if he agrees) and haul stuff in it
But I need to change engine mounts and it doesnt have a sunroof but hey atleast I got them sick E-class rims

>tfw no dad
> mom could never afford to buy a car out right
>brother never upgraded
>had no hand me down car
>had nobody to teach me to drive
>just shitpost on Veeky Forums

At this point I know I can't do manual. It makes me sad I'll never be able to have a car or drive

2002 Xsara Picasso
An old lady rear ended me after a year with it
bought for a thousand merkels

07 Civic LX
Sort of a gift from mother-in-law. Was the car my not-yet wife used when she was in college after she got BTFO on her Vespa. Later, when we moved in together into a renovated garage/workshop, we shared it while I sometimes drove my dad's 98 Buick Century. After we got an actual place in another state, I used it to commute 100 miles roundtrip every day. Shit's still kicking 153,000 miles later now on HFP suspension.

Actually bought my own car shortly after moving, but the Civic is the shit the keeps on working. My wife is embarrassed to be seen in it now, so it's 100% my nigga now. If a K20 swap was possible, I'd probably sink thousands more into it for a full restoration. At the moment, I just hope to reach 250k without much more than a tire change and valve adjustment.

Good luck maintaining that moneypit

>05 Hyundai Sonata
>Was free when I turned 16
It lasted me 5 years and I put roughly 50k miles on it. It still runs and I still have it but it's becoming a money sink. It just rolled over 94k miles a few days ago. I just bought another vehicle so I'm trying to sell it now. I might end up just selling it to a scrap yard to get rid of it.

>he fell for the "mercs are moneypits" meme
ok scotty

Fuck. Good luck with the sale. Those years were rough for Hyundai. Out of interest, what's gone wrong with it beyond normal maintenance items?

I can't wait to see your "help my car is broke" threads in the near future.

>implying my dad doesn't own one and drops tons of money in it every year

Dont worry you will see me drive by while you are waiting at the bus stop

For the past 6 months I've been having a problem with the car stalling while coasting/slowing down to a stop. I've replaced all the suspect items for what could be causing this and still no bueno. Some days it does it some days it doesn't. Frankly I am done trying to fix it, hence why I bought another vehicle. Since it's a running vehicle a scrapyard might give me like $400 for it and I might just do that to get rid of it.

Nice meme poorboy. Sorry I wont give you a lift when your Eurotrash breaks down.

Shit son, we got a bread in the refrigerator dude here.

No harm in putting it up on craigslist for like $1500 and seeing what happens though.

Get a job, buy a car, and drive the world, user. I won't even call you a poorfag. You just need to man up.

If most Euros can learn manual, so can you.

>tires to proof his slow plastic heaven unpractical toyota is better than a car 15 years older than his (its not )
I feel sorry for starting to argue with you

>be 18
>have newest car on thread
>2013 nissan sentra manual
>feel bad that my life has never really had hardships because i'm well off and my dad makes 125k a year
>bought me a $11k car with 20k miles as my first off a five year plan
>low key wish i had a shitbox
>low key wish i had a sporty shitbox
>envy shitbox drivers who love their cars
>like my car, but not like u can love a shitbox. its just not the same

i wish i wasn't privileged sometimes

>butthurt Mercedes fangirl

I laff everytime. Also any car is faster than a broken down car :^)

don't worry, a Sentra is still a shitbox.

>1987 cherokee pioneer

>passed down from parents

>just cracked the head last summer :'(

>almost got 300,000 miles

1995 mercury grand marquis

It was my uncles old car that he hadn't driven in year at the time and my grandma convinced him to give it to me as a high school graduation present instead of scrapping it like he was planning on doing.

It lasted me 2 months before the engine seized. The oil pressure gauge was broken but my uncle said it was still okay to drive.

Guess not

no like a shit box shit box. like a rusty '04 car. that's what i really want

>no like a shit box shit box
so a Sentra
>like a rusty
Give it a year.

This pretty much.

Also, wanted to buy a shitbox but "muh security" and "muh you will killyourself or somebody will t-bone you" so I got a decent hot hatch and now every cop wants to pull me over. FML.

Sentras are shitboxes no matter their age. Economy Nissans manage to be fucking awful all across the board. 30 year old cars have better ride quality and interior plastics. At least yours is manual.

Do you want me to scream obscenities at your dick too so you can cum?

Whitnussed

I made and sold RuneScape bots throughout high school and bought myself a Fit Sport.

Still my daily driver.

89 voyager

>he didn't own the best-selling car in america

Had this forest-green color myself senpai.

2005 RSX (base model - fake vtec - 5 speed manual)

I had this from '05 to '07. I haven't had FWD since.

There was a 1/4-mile drag strip less than 5 miles from my house and Friday test and tune was $10 for all night. Stock I was running 16.7 sec. With a catless race header I got it down to 15.4 which is amazing for that car.

I've got a 2002 W210 E320 wagon as we speak with 195K miles I bought for $1100 (but it's like my 12th car). How many miles you got on yours?

same here user, he finally took a shit on me last month. Cracked head, rip in peace.

2007 Dodge caliber 2.0l CVT
I'm a poorfag student and I inherited it

These cars are trash even by Dodge standards. It's a wonder that it still has a bit of life in it

It was a work car and the miles are mostly highway

it has $700 in fees, lien title, the tranny overheats on hot days or when going up too many hills

Pretty sure the suspension is mostly shot so it rides like shit

It's been sitting for 2 years so I have to do all of this before I can use it.
Change battery
Change oil
Change coolant
Replace transmission or flush coolant (FUCK)
Change fuel filter
Clean HVAC intake
Change motor mounts
Replace CVT filter and gasket
Check for seized brakes
Check wheels for flat spots
Check for condensation in gas tank
Check for worn belts
(anything else I should check?)

If I jump it, the motor turns over just fine and idles ok

I'm probably just going to do the bare minimum to make it usable while I save for something else. This just has to get me to and from work for a few months once I get hired so I can save.

'66 Volvo L3314N... kinda wish I still had it, but I needed something actually driveable on the roads
Is that thing really as slow as people say?

That thing deserves a new head

Ayy mine was a 2000 626. Kinda a piece of shit but I loved it.

>dem swing vents

You bang any sloots in the back of that?

Honestly it didn't feel slow, but it probably was. The gas pedal was very sensitive.

>DEM SWING VENTS THO
>1995 626 LX 2.0 5 speed
>handled perfect in the snow
>NEVER failed to start
>heat always blew hot as fuck and AC continued to work after 250k miles
>one caliper was able to stop the car after the lines to all the others burst.

absolutely amazing car I wanna get another one honestly

Next Monday, i ditch the old bread wagon (97 crv) and go to a 2009 or 2010 cooper S

I'm just to dumb for manual, I barely have the basics of driving down so I don't think adding manual is a good idea. Is it possible for an automatic car to be fun?

My older brother got my mom's car first and ruined it. It was a 96 mazda 626 ironically.
I got a job and paid off a car with high interest. It sucked but was worth it.

115k but I doubt its real
Its uncanny how we both have silver elegance 2002 with tintet windows

Stop making this thread; we've all seen your shitbox already.