/aog/ - Attorney Online General

spark edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favourite cases, your favourite characters or anything else AA related, it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=gpIt7WEPUDc
forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32422
imgur.com/a/nL7Bl
my.mixtape.moe/qxgybh.zip
mega.nz/#F!RpAAUQBa!lBi0Vv9oQGy4LCvGc8xpnQ!EhIE2LRA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Recent Attorney Online updates
- AO2 2.1.3 public beta has been released! Check it out here: docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit
- Server was recently split into normal AOV and Crossover Court. Find out more information by going to the main AOV doc, and then the Crossover Court link.

>Recent Ace Attorney news
- New DGS 2 trailer: [YouTube] [Subbed!] Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 - January 2017 Trailer - youtube.com/watch?v=gpIt7WEPUDc
- DGS English Fan Translation demo is out. More information here: forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32422
- Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice has been released on iOS and Android devices.

>Verin not only screencapped himself but also made it the OP post

Is the new client supposed to be this small?

Alone on Valentines Day?

Just remember:

ur dabeste

How's your dad doing/

Blazin' it.

Hi Omni.

bug

[Time]
..\\other folder\\preanimation = number

[Options]
name=Phoenix

[Time]
..\\Butz\\butzcutin = 35

[Emotions]
1 = cutin#..\\Butz\\butzcutin#normal#1#

Atmey is best boy.

What did he mean by this?

Gee I don't know, why don't you throw those things in Phoenix's ini and try it yourself

People should stop underestimating how incompetent I can be.

Reminder that Google Docs' increasingly slow loading times have made docraces unfair.

I have not had this issue, did they make it harder to run on older hardware or something?

I don't think there's any hardware issue. Maybe it's something to do with connection speed. If that's the case, then people in certain places just won't be able to join cases in populated areas.

Reminder that poverty is making doc races unfair.
Some people can't afford a computer or a stable internet connection.
We are missing out on a lot of potential players.

It's people with lower end computers that struggle to load nightly questrial which causes them to lose races. You can't tell everyone "Get rich and buy a better computer" so make a less resource intensive layout. Get rid of the useless headers and footers, and stop using Nightly Questrial

>stop using Nightly Questrial
No.
Specially when there is a simplier Nightly Questrial.

>Nightly Questrial
Why the fuck did this become the norm anyway?

Asougi a shit.

Well when I host docs it's not nightly, I don't like how that shit looks desu.

Asougi got the booty

imgur.com/a/nL7Bl

I was thinking of making new buttons for Nikomina. Do they look okay? The one with the blue highlight is the on button and the ones without the highlight are the off buttons.

Because as autistic as trick is, he sure made a damn good template with nice shortcuts.

Very nice.

Copy the Time section and the Emotions section into Phoenix's ini

Lauren's pre-animations are not showing up for whatever reason in the new Client.

Lauren is for EXTREMELY rough sex.

>Rare Lauren

it's one of her 2 pictures on paheal

It seems that really short gifs will not play in this new client, the game just runs too fast.

>Megan
>Keith

???

>Phoenix was fucking both his sisters
Now I see where Apollo gets it.

I just want to say that this is awful. Each time I opened this thread, I felt like I was back to highschool. People namedropping each other, pathetic drama, everyone for some reason taking this game so fucking serious to the point that they'd complain about the most irrelevant things as if they had ruined their day, people acting like faggots overall, it was just awful.

But recently the game has been exactly the same as the thread. All pre-case discussion must be filled with all the things I mentioned above. During cases people will do it in OOC or just do it with brackets as it happened before.

I will still blame the transfer from /v/ to Veeky Forums for this because nearly all generals are like this and we weren't like this during /v/ times. The game does not have any especially bad qualities that makes it bad and/or unenjoyable, it's this board.

Here's an improved version of ApolloSOJ, designed especially for 2.1!

It needs buttons though.

Forgot the link: my.mixtape.moe/qxgybh.zip

So how was your Valentines, /aog/?

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF

Fine

"I wonder what I should do for Valentine's Day."
>look in the mirror
"Right then, stay at home and play video games."

updated, you know where to get it

mega.nz/#F!RpAAUQBa!lBi0Vv9oQGy4LCvGc8xpnQ!EhIE2LRA

Crogray black footage is up, if anyone's feeling like a rerip
(More case 5 soonTM)

Im having this problem too. I was told to mess around in one of the files but all I see is dozens of numbers and it makes my retard brain shutdown.

It managed to break the pres even more. Good job.

See

elaborate

It makes (b) animations never stop playing sometimes.

Probably because the retards who made them decided to put them in an endless loop

Ok, after some testing, slowing down the preanims has fixed the 3d chars timings but 2d chars are noticiably slower and of course anyone without .1.4 can interrupt them.

At least put the link for 2.1.3 back up because it's less broken than 2.1.4

2.1.4 randomly freezes.

I don't see why we should put an arbitrary slowdown on anyway? The fact that it wasn't arbitrary meant more flexibility..

2.1.5 is out and should fix crashes + talking bug, its on the doc

Hug the Bunny!

Well no shit (b) animations need to loop. It's only pre-animations that shouldn't loop.

If a (b) animation stops, it just starts back from the beginning again even if it's not put in an ENDLESS loop.
Endless loop is something you decide the gif to be as you save it.

2.1.6 is out, make sure to get it especially if you haven't gotten the other updates mentioned before that came out today.
docs.google.com/document/d/1UdQOegcjhWNgR2qg5RZA9DsmlP2JztGIh_5HAsQzJJ8/edit

Is there an arbitrary slowdown now? I liked the idea of more flexibility (and easier to make .gifs) as well.

>tfw the only reason AO2 won't be good for casing is because some people refuse to switch.

People switched clients before.

I'll switch once it works for me.

Can I go from 1.3 to 1.6?

Yes.

>still small for me
GOD DAMN IT WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

2.1.7 is out

this time it comes with a theme that's quite big, to change theme go to base/config.ini and change theme = default to theme = 20%bigger

what happened to the rules?

HOW MANY TIMES AM I GONNA UPDATE THIS THING TODAY?

gee i wonder

Thank you so much

Anyway to decrease font size? Also are there plans to make the buttons bigger too?

>the retards who made them decided to put them in an endless loop
It makes testing easier. We never had that problem before, so there was no reason to make it play once afterwards--

ayy, looks like it doesn't matter any more!

Can someone red pill me on why this guy split the server?

power

>ree ccfags get out of my server
>REE WHY IS CC GETTING ITS OWN SERVER

He wanted his own clique.

So the fact of the matter is that no matter how you slice it, AO2 gave us a lot of work in fixing characters that are too fast now. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd really rather not throw the old frame limiter or whatever the fuck it was back on because it kind of sucked and will make new characters harder.

So maybe we need a list of exactly every character that's broken, doesn't have to be specific, just need to know who's having issues so that we can start attempting to fix the cast up.

Is .7 not using the timers?

you can change all the buttons, they're in the theme folder

Holmes (Sherlock folder) should be a high priority, considering how regularly he's used.

All those numbers are just noise to me. I'll stick with 1.8 til it's 100 percent needed to change over

No.

Oh sorry.

H-He's fast!

>People make jokes ooc and causes the judge to rage quit
W E W
E
W

a-all I said was his beard was dumb

Nah he was mad about being called "No Fun"

hey faggot who keeps docbombing
y

Give Marsh a blush emote.

NO

PSA: In order to get ready for AO2, a common problem (blank emotes, as in emotes that don't show the character on screen, just end in a completely white background) we need to fix these .gifs one by one. If your favorite character has a blank emote, please say the name of the character FOLDER, and the name of the emote, so that we can add it to a list of needed fixes.

Your support and cooperation are appreciated as we rapidly approach the full non-beta release of AO2.