/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Sent to Yahar'gul: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Jeeeez, I'm doing terrible right now, but dying three times against a snakeman? Are the Blades of Mercy that bad for fighting one?

AHH

did you upgrade it and farm for gems in a chalice dungeon?

I just walked into Hemwick Charnel Lane, I have a lot of blood echoes but I don't want to turn around. Is there a Lamp somewhere near? Defo don't want to die and lose them

also holy fuck I did not expect to beat Vic Amelia that try. Once my summon died with like a quarter of her health left I accepted I wasn't going to win that time, but somehow I got her. wew

Ooh! M A J E S T I C

Hell no I didn't.

How upgraded is it? What gems?

There's one right at the entrance m8, just after the two big wooden doors you open

also someone told me the snatchers dropped Twin shards but they definitely are not dropping them for me. Hmm

Keep going

Just after the first open area with the dogs and shooty villagers, there'll be a wodden gate, the lantern is just after that. You'll be fine to run through, then come back to clear the area immediately afterwards.

ah, silly me. I was expecting a mob of enemies desu

there you go lol

bloodborne is shit at explaining things but you need to upgrade your weapons and farm for good gems

>bloodborne is shit at explaining things
It expects you to have at least two functioning brain cells. I don't think that makes it shit.

this kinda reminds me of RE4, I am thoroughly spooked.

Remaster when?

Wait? Upgrade it, yeah, it's +5. Haven't bothered with the Chalices just yet- I save that for later so I can blow through layers 1-4 in a single sprint, rather than dot them throughout an otherwise stellar campaign.

Fair enough. Your gems will be lackluster, but +5 should be more than fine for the Woods.

Have you done any optional areas? What level are you?

So let me get this straight, if I put heavy abyssal gems into a skill weapon, it will be viable on my strength build?

dungeons are pretty tedious

if you like people have already made a bunch of glyphs wich are really good for getting quality stuff quick

Yep.

anybody wanna take out the daughter of the cosmos

why would you ever make a skill build then? just for the one shot visceral?

Sure
Chalice or main Eb?

I'm thinking level 30 or so. Just quit out of frustration right now and don't wanna turn it back on, but 30 sounds right about right.

I miss spelunking through Hunter's Nightmare and effortlessly slaughtering foes with other faggots here desu

main bitch

pass will be bbg2

That and Pure Skill weapons would do better on a 50 Skill build compared to a Strength build with a Heavy. Plus Heavies don't improve Blood damage, so Reiter and Bowblade shots would be even weaker.

Now what if I have 50 str and blt?

thanks user. what weapon were you using? you mauled her with that thing

Then your Pure Skill weapons will still do less in that build than a 50 Skill build. The Heavy will serve as an empty slot for Blood attacks. The 50 Blt would help a bit obviously.

Cheers, m8. It was a Church Pick with some lucky Adept gems on it.

So I'm gonna add a gag Amy Arm and gag Burial Blade to my repertoire, the question is still gemming.

I currently have a nice set of 27.2% with Stam Up 3%, and a decent set of Nourishing 18% and two 21%s.

My thinking is that Amy Arm has lower Phys Base Damage than the BB (hilariously), but more Arc Base Damage, so it should get the Nourishings.

Sounds right, right?

Also bump:

They do, you just gotta farm those boys.

holy fuck that Witch fight was pretty spooky.

Just had 9 SRRC hosts in a row die within a minute of me entering their game. New record for me. The average person playing this game is a massive shitter.

Lost w/ Nour: Phys=447 Arc=216 Total=663

Norm w/ Flat: Phys=308 Arc=330 Total=638

2 Nourishings on the Lost setup has +15 Phys, the other doesn't since Amy Wanings don't have +15 Phys/Arc. Full Nourishings seems to be the best.

It's the best.

Time for some bloodborne memes

I'm a pretty princess who loves memes

i know that feel man
>fighting Shadows of Yahrnam
>host dies
>last guy was three hits from death

Fill the gaping void with memes

thats a spicy meme

Every time I see this one, I can only imagine the hunter chasing Micolash though a series of doors, Scooby Doo-style

You know you can kill bosses while hosts are dieing and it'll count, right?

Goodbye, you stupid tripfag.
We love you, even if we have funny ways of showing it

So what's the difference between the Uncanny and Lost versions of all the weapons in the Chalice Dungeons, and their base game equivalents?

Gem imprints, that's it

the amount of cum that you can get on the weapon before it breaks.

but seriously, just the gem imprints and where you get them

so is this forest area/Hemwick Lane just a dead end that leads to the witch or am I missing something

reminder not to reply to tripfags

It's an optional area that eventually leads to something else if you do a certain something using a certain shortcut in a certain area.

I haven't had any die yet but they've all been post-DLC shitters that should have finished these chalices already.

>Summoned for Ailing Abho
>Host has Simon's garb and a Chikage
>Waits for a second cooperator
>Just hangs back and shoots at Abho with a blunderbuss the whole fight

Regular fucking parry king.

ah, cool

It comes into play later, provided you have the "paperwork" for it.
You broke your one rule

>tfw accidentally replying myself
its 4am, im allowed to make mistakes

I thought you were ironically baiting

fuck sake, meant for not time really gives me the business sometimes

Choosing between my wife and my husband is too hard

I've been leveling up to 99 arc but wanna try out some stuff like the HMS now, at 58 arc is it too late for me to turn back or should I just keep going all the way?

For some reason I thought Kos Parasite benefited from the 99 but its just tools, and 58 arc seems like they're doing decent enough damage + there's only a couple that feel usable in pvp now that I've gotten all of them

Messenger's Gift is fun

shouldve stopped at 50

You can fit 60-70 Arc with 25 Strength without going over 120 usually. 16/12 Str/Skl HMS is not recommended, try to get at most 25 Strength and at least 12 Skill for it.

Very quality NPC and Boss
Ludwig is easily my favorite non-humanoid boss

it auto kicked me before i could finish it

You either go pure ARC or STR/ARC. There is no in between without ending up over 9000 lvl.

well rip, I'll probably just do it next playthrough since if I tried for 25/12 I'd be well over 120 trying to get enough VIT to not get one shotted

You want an optimal Moonlight Sword, it's delicious. Worth making a new character for. As added bonus you get boom hammer, wheel and tonitrus.

wow, all this time I thought the wheel was shit. This thing hits like a truck when it is tricked, and every attack has this massive lingering hitbox.

Untricked I can't really find much use for it though

The Arcane Wheel build in the OP should be optimal enough fro moonlight sword right?

We posting charts now?

should I +6 Tonitrus or +4 Rifle Spear

It's funny because they think that by hanging back and shooting, they are playing it safe. The ones that shoot / try and fight from a distance are the ones that get aggro'd the hardest. You can hardly pull the boss off of them, and they usually can't dodge for shit either

toritrus has lightning on it for free

What kind of build are you making? I don't think any build can use both effectively without overleveling.

>patches is in every game

but why

there is an elevator that takes you back to near the main lantern. All the shortcuts are centered around the big iron gate, which is itself a shortcut after you get to the other side and open it

He's kinda Miyazaki's favourite OC that he feels the need to stick in all of his games.

>npc that fucks you over at every opportunity
>must be in every game

i think i understand him a little more now

is fighting Darkbeast Paarl with Tonitrus a bad idea? It's my strongest weapon desu

first playthrough btw

>Hitting a giant lightning monster
>With a lightning weapon

I will leave it up to you to see why you may be having troubles

His two highest defense values are against Blunt and Bolt, so uh, yeah, not the best...

Anyone know of any non-hostile wildlife/fauna in bb?

Im having comfy time chilling with that one prego ant thing at cainhurst castle that just mills around like a cow while I smoke my spliff, and I'm having trouble remembering any other case of it. I always leave the little bug guys that drop blood stone alone. Even the ones that swipe out at you I just let go along, I don't need em.

It's a shame I had to kill Valtr because he wanted death for beautiful things like this. Ill proabably have to kill that handsome executioner too. But he's turning anyway.

What is a beast? The abhorrent beast had me thinking I had a grasp of the concept. That a man could ultimately become a beast but utterly lose the n on essential and especially most identifiable traits of a wolf (related to this I think it's interesting the way snakes start to play a role in this as you descend away from Yharnam, in more minor cases of, well, bestiality). But the Darkbeasts totally fuckin throw me off. Theres no life in them, at all (and consequently why is Paarl in the heart of OY?)

wew lad, lay off the drugs for a while

There's a crow in Hemwick that doesn't attack. Cool little dude, put a note next to him saying "treat evolution with care".

I finally know the pain of chalice farming.

2 hours killing the Bone Ash Hunter for gem and only 1 was a good curse (stamina up)

Djura pls go

That said the only other non-hostile non-humans I can remember are Ebrietas, who will let you sit next to her, and Rom but Rom is doing some malicious shit behind the scenes apparently so I don't trust him.

Beasthood is essentially human's reaction to Great One blood I'm pretty sure

Aflred declares when you meet him that your prey is different, he pretty much only searches for vilebloods

What mind of build do i need to use the holy moon sword? 25 str 50 arc or the opposite?

Sorry its the speed
Conditions of beasthood, as I understand them: one) Immortality, something almost entirely disguised or wholly identifiable within a gameplay mechanic depending on how you look at it, namely the health bar. A beast can take mortal damage from an axe down to one hp and have no problem walking away. It won't die from its wounds, or have to endure a period of mortal danger, if you just leave it alone. For this reason a beast can walk an AI path for eternity, although it's important that this trait is inherently shared with any sort of monster or demon (similarly, I think a defining condition of being undead in the Dark souls series is the same thing. For example, one of those cleaver boys won't ever spill the contents of his pot, because they've already been baked into a crust for a chunk of an eternity.) What this boils down to that a beast is a monster, as that is essentially the functioning requirement for what any monster ends up being. two) an inclination towards mammality, whatever way, shape, or form. three) A nature that is savage to the degree that it is utterly inhuman. Surpasses even any barbarian capacity of inhumanity, and however well it may be (or really appear to be) controlled. I can't think of a fourth one, so I guess there's three.

Both, 25/25/50 is funner imo since you get Hunter Tools, converted weapons and better beams. 50/25/25 is better for the weapon itself whenever you hit with the blade, the moonbeams won't be shit as long as you use Nourishings.

Why is the wheel better at arc 50?

>but Rom is doing some malicious shit behind the scenes apparently so I don't trust him.
Rom is vacuous, so if she's doing anything malicious I doubt it's on purpose.

Vilebloods are my prey. As much as I can't exist within the game outside of being a hunter, I still consider to be my target any number of monsters, extraterrestials, plenty of humans possibly, and other hunters, as much as beasts. What seems to be the penultimate characters of the pc at least in the narrative seems to be the Paleblood, to which I think it makes most sense to the nonlinear capacity for existence/time powers that the game's mechanics and structure are responsible for. There have been plenty of hunters/we are all them, but the pc's story is the outsider introduced the Paleblood (a position I guess can be seen in opposition to Dark Souls' chosen undead invention. More peripheral, alien, outside

In the end that's the leg up you have on Gehrman, and I believe he essentially has no idea, and in that way is as dumb as the beasts, stuck making the same decisions, forever

Wheel is good with any Wheel build since Flat Arc makes the tricked multi-hits do good damage. 50 Arc Wheel can use Nourishings to get the most out of revving.

>2 hours
You merely adopted the farming. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see good gems until I was already a man.

Not the bump /bbg/ deserves, but the one it needs right now.

>beckoned into a srrc a few days ago by someone named luci
>thought it was just a coincidence
>he died immediately on the boss
>come to thread
>luci posting with the same armor set
>mfw it was him
>mfw he just pretends to be good when in fact he's shit