So guys I got one stupid question

So guys I got one stupid question

In my understanding vacuum assisted brakes get their vacuum from the intake manifold (the sucking motion of the piston creates it).

Now when you put a turbo on it the intake manifold get's pressurized so where in the hell vacuum assisted brakes get their vacuum?

Get a vacuum tree and hook everything up to it.

How much vacuum does a vacuum tree create?

About tree fiddy...

Where does the vacuum tree gets it's vacuum?

Nice

My old 900 Turbos had the brake servo connected up normally but with a non-return valve so the servo body acted as a vacuum reservoir, but my 9-3 Aero had a small vacuum pump driven off the end of the inlet camshaft, like a diesel.

Have you ever seen a boost gauge? Usually half of it indicates boost, half of it indicates vaccum.

Air in the intake manifold is not always pressurized on a turbo engine. Vaccum assisted brakes get their vaccum when, duh, the engine is in vaccum i.e you're not on the throttle and thus not producing boost.

Thanks

So what if someone has fitted anti-lag?

then you're driving a racecar

And where do they get their vacuum from?

a literal vacuum

outer space

>when you put a turbo on it the intake manifold get's pressurize
hurrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

'no'

All a Turbo does is ruin the integrity of the vacuum. It still exists, it just sucks now.

Turbo ruins your car.

I see thanks

they don't use servos. and if they do they'll have a vacuum pump like on a diesel

Thanks

Thank you guys I feel a tiny bit less stupid now

I installed a vacuum gauge in my old POS to monitor the system for leaks since it's old and brittle. Even without a turbo, the vacuum disappears when I'm on the throttle. I think they just don't expect you to be on brake and throttle at the same time, so it's a non issue.

Hey Veeky Forums I have a stupid question too, I have a 99 infinity i30 and when I turn tree is a loud nasty sounding clicking from the front end of the car, the clicking gets worse and faster the tighter I turn. It tends to do clock g for turning right then left, as well. Any ideas? Is this worth getting fixed?

Just because you have a turbo does not mean your entire intake system is pressurized. Anything up stream of the turbo fresh air inlet will be under vacuum.

Typically clicking or clunking when turning usually means cv joints, is that thing FWD?

Why are you in boost while you're braking? That seems counterproductive to me. It's not an issue on turbocharged cars, but it becomes a big deal when you have a naturally aspirated engine with huge lumpy cams that doesn't generate much vacuum. In that case, it's time to depower your brakes and go to a proper dual master system.

The thing about power brakes is that it's not actually a driver aid like power steering or ABS (although power assistance is required for ABS). It's actually a bandaid for having rotors that are too small (to make them cheaper) and pads without enough bite (to make them cheaper and prevent squeaking and dust). If you have large enough rotors with high mu pads, your brakes will be the same weight and throw as stock but without the slop introduced by the brake master.

Right, but if you plumb your brake booster to the air cleaner you are a fucking moron.

If anything vaccum to the brakes is increased under boost due to the venturi effect.

Yes it is a front wheel drive, is this repair doable for someone with little experience or should I take it to a shop?

The Venturi effect causes a reduction in pressure not an increase