2018 Honda Clarity - News

The Clarity, when on sale will be available in 3 different variants.

>Plug-In Electric
>Plug-In Hybrid
>Hydrogen Fuel Cell

What do you think?

I think Tesla have done it right by designing a non-conventional car that doesn't look like a spaceship crashed into a Picasso painting. All the other ones like the Mirai and Clarity and i3 and even the Prius nowadays look like absolute fucking horse shit.

Fucking hell. Fuck off with these shitty designs. The Mirai and new Priuses already make me gag. They look like fucking crossovers on tiny wheels.

why did they need to make it look like shit?

>Honda Clarity
>electric, hybrid
so its an accord hybrid?

>hydrogen fuel cell
yea right

the future is bleak.

There strangely isn't any info on what the engine specs are but all what is out are the EPA estimated miles.

>The Plug-In Hybrid has a confirmed 40 miles of EV range before the engine starts up.
For comparison, the Chevy Volt does 53 miles alone on EV.

>The Plug-In Electric has a range of 80 miles.
For comparison, the Chevy Bolt will do 238 miles and the upcoming Tesla Model 3 will do a promised 215 miles.

>The Clarity Fuel Cell has a range of 366 miles.
For compariosn, the Toyota Mirai does 312 miles.

Maybe to make it more aerodynamic? Who knows, I ain't an expert.

>side profile

how do you refill the fuel cell?

God damnit Honda, just give me an AWD sedan you fucking idiots!

You'd think the popularity of the Model S would stop them from making stupid design choices like that ridiculous rear wheel arches.

You can find hydrogen stations to fill it up. The Toyota Furai does it that way.

Or if you were asking how it'd differ from filling up gasoline engine, the pic related is how it's filled up.

I think they managed to make something even more hideous than a Prius.

Interior.

>autotragic
>electric
>wrong wheel drive
>crossover

why the fuck did you even bother posting this piece of trash?

>spaceship crashed into a Picasso painting
Literally every new Honda/Toyota

>why the fuck did you even bother posting this piece of trash?
When I posted the Furai last year, it got a lot of attention here. So I thought it'd be cool to pass on the info on what Honda is doing. Also I'm bored at home doing nothing so I thought I'd rather do this.

Not picture: the face shield and gloves you need when refueling.

so you're telling me that you ((unironically)) think that my pic related & the failed abortion you posted deserve the same exact amount of attention & respect?

Where the fuck are there hydrogen stations anywhere? I've never seen them and I live in upstate ny

Are those painted plates actually legal?

jesus christ, service pressure 10,000psi?
whats the expiration date and cost of replacement?

Commiefornia

wow, I've never seen any of them and they only recently started putting in charging stations at a walmart near me

I felt my eyebrows furrow and found myself scowling automatically when I saw that. It's the same thing with the Mirai. I've never found myself inadvertently making a face of disgust at cars in traffic until this recent crop of EVs. Look at that fucking trunk. All the random edges. Weird ass wheelbase.

I live near someone with a Mirai and it makes every day slightly worse.

"Do not refuel after 12/2029" if its like the mirai

I don't know why you gotta hate on the Honda a lot. The furai is a pure race car while the Clarity is just a car for the green-minded persons.

I made it better.

You're right. I remember seeing a video on the Mirai where that guy using gloves while filling it up.

why

why are they so ugly

I fixed the design. Give me a three box sedan instead of this fastback shit for mpg and aero.

Good, now it's like the crossover version of the Clarity.

The small wheels make the clarity look like a crossover with dwarfism. Bigger wheels and longer wheelbase would go so far into making it look like a car, not some tiptoeing dainty fairy faggot.

>furai is a pure race car
>Clarity is just a car for the green-minded persons

i'm not the one who made this autistic comparison, you are

the people who'll buy this shitbox are definitely not the people who browse this board, this thread serves no purpose other than clogging up bandwidth.

if you want a comparison, this thread is similar to a hillary shill thread on /pol/

Because you're not going to buy it regardless

Toyota Furai??? Are you fucking retarded?? I'm pretty sure you're that Singaporean shill faggot that is always samefagging your own threads with retarded compliments to whatever it is you originally posted. Please fuck off back to your village on your bicycle that was hacked together from lawnmower parts 16 years ago and you paid for with a year's work down at the local black market firearms assembling station.

not even mad

>Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Tech has been around for decades but no one makes cars for it since it's too fucking dangerous.

hydrogen is a meme.

it's worse than battery EV or gasoline. given the inefficiencies of production, storage, and fuel cells. industrial hydrogen production is from cracking natural gas. so you still get CO2 output. it would be more efficient to burn the natural gas in the car.

there are like 3 publicly available commercial hydrogen stations in the USA and they are all in California.

At least it's stomachable. The Toyota mirai is the ugliest car I've ever seen.

Every manufacturer in the world has done this.

But cars don't have to be ugly to be aerodynamic. If anything aerodynamics used to make cars look better.

No, they're just painted for photo shoots to give an impression of the license plate position without distracting from the car itself.

hey look i fixed the design too

lol

theyre beautiful

someone needs to make an edit of that one comic

I find it hilarious that this car's interior is better than literally all new car interiors on the market currently

looks generic to me. identical to any other modern car

You are a boring person irl aren't you?

>any other modern car

pic related

Yes because one actually exists and will be attainable for the general public.
Fuck off back to your sticker thread kid.

why is is only available on Acuras

in 20 years the people of Veeky Forums will be scouring craigslist looking for one of these and kicking themselves for not buying one new when they came out

So I guess they decided the hydrogen version alone was too risky ?

I like the design, especially the drl LED lights but I have that the rear tire has that retarded flap on it.

>I like the design,
I'm sorry about your taste. I hope you get better.

ARE THESE FAKE FUCKING VENTS

Nevermind, I like the front grill and lights but everything else looks like shit. It's like Prius v2.

not really. does anyone kick themselves for not buying a caddy cimmaron or some shit like it?

It's a car designed for the same type of people that buy the prius. They choose to buy something incredibly ugly as a statement that they're environmentally conscious and that they don't actually care for driving. Meanwhile there are plenty of cars which are just as economical and dont look like cancerous dogshit.

yfw they are at least 17" alloys

the problem is that even many of the cars for the opposite crowd still look awful because of overregulation and awful design trends.

I'm all for new technologies, i really do want FUTURE cars to succeed, but they all look awful. tesla is the only one that has some sense to make their cars look relatively nice.

I like the lucid air, but that's vaporware as fuck, and electric is still just a meme.

tl;dr why can't alternative cars look good..?

>tl;dr why can't alternative cars look good..?
because globalism

>hydrogen fuel cell
when will this meme die

Alternative cars remain silly because if you have new car money you can afford premium fuel.

IDGAF how great the mileage is when I can NOT buy one and drive/ride my trucks and motorcycles for many years for much less money. Let richfags be the early adopters. Gasoline is cheap, God Emperor Trump will ensure oil industry advantages for quite a while after he's out of office (pipelines gonna pipe and frackers gonna frack) and if I want some alternative shit I can buy it in fifteen years when the market shakes out what's good and it's cheap used.