MERGER

What kind of cars would come out of a VW-FCA merger?

More shitty cars that can't pass emissions that's what

imagine the reliability

>Merging companies with a mortal hatred for one another

I can't imagine the horrors that would result

Cracking dashboards
Poor quality materials fitment

Mid-engine 8 Liter V10 Diesel Viper.

>I can't imagine the horrors that would result

VAG killing every other brand of the merged family which is not Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche, because as we know they hate their (((minor))) brands for making better cars with a correct price, so eventually they'll catastrophically fail after 1-2 months.

Plus, the Germans hate the Italians for being superior...the Opel affair tells everything, they'd rather shoot them in their balls than seeing something that was their in the hands of the Italians...obviously for the better, of course.

Opel --> French.

>kek

Obviously what is stated in pic related is acceptable on every aspect for Germans.

Also this is acceptable if the buyers are unaware.

(((German))) technology, kek.

>Italians for being superior

Oh Good God, no...

Well, they invented the common rail diesel and the Germans still managed to come out with the dieselgate because they're unable to build engines, so...yes, Italian are superior when it comes to engines.

Friendly reminder that nobody outside VAG uses their tdi shit engines but many other manufacturers (including Opel) use multijet engines for their cars, vans and working vehicles.

I have to agree with this user. Italian engines are MUCH better than VW ones.

Wouldn't this be worlds largest car manufacturer group?
I'd say it would be bad for the consumer, even less from what to choose.

People would buy unfairly bashed products, such as Fiat and Alfa Romeo cars, only because they'd be inside VAG's family and therefore of extremely high quality.

Reviews for Italian cars would magically praise their products as top notch and absolutely reliable, so everybody would win...I guess.

first if it ever happened (which I doubt it ever would) it would probably be a renault nissan style partnershit where one company slowly poisons the other via osmosis.

most of FCAs domestic income comes from trucks so VAG wouldn't touch that

also they would also want to recoup the R&D from the Giorgio platform ($1.07 Billion) so at least in the medium term Dodge/Alfa/Jeep wouldn't move to VAG architecture, Fiat models probably would.

>What kind of cars would come out of a VW-FCA merger?
VAG doesn't want the responsibility of paying off all the pensions AND benefits the FCA retirees have. That minimum load each year is a large part of the expenses.

The shit reliability and emissions cheating of jeep with the blandness of VW.

Rather than the style of fiat with the excellent reliability of VW.

Depends who becomes "in charge". If it's VAG then Ferrari remain untouched because they make way too much money but Maserati, Fiat and Alfa Romeo get fucking demolished and their assets cannibalized into the VAG group.

If FCA then Lamborghini get killed off because Ferrari fucking hates them, but otherwise not much changes.

FCA doesn't own Ferrari

Wait, can you explain/substantiate these claims?
>VAG hates its minor brands
>Germans sabotaged the Opel sale to the detriment of Italy

You mean the minor brands Skoda and Seat?

Skoda is doing great for years. They're basically 1 generation old VW with less isolation

>italians
>superior
wait.. wat

nothing of what you said makes sense

Except it does. Google it.

except it doesn't (you probably should have googled it)

>Mid-engine 8 Liter V10 Diesel Viper.
Mid engine W-10 Viper TDi with 6L of displacement and more power+torque than the original until the steering chain shits itself due to a shitty tensioner.