incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TU0PAfxw
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862618774
pastebin.com/WSz7QpBb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Rust.

Second for womens clothes help you program better.

>following a tutorial, trying not to copy/paste so I can go slow and try to understand how the code actually works
>trying to figure out why my IDE keeps throwing a NullReferenceException
>after a solid hour of changing code across multiple files and double checking previous tutorial articles, decide to just copy paste the line in question
>it works just fine
WHAT
THE
FUCK

Can you pastebin your broken code and the working code?

Was making progress part of your plan?

not easily, the code is in multiple files and folders. It was just that one line in that one function. I think it was Visual Studio being weird or something. It's working fine now.

Yeah, just copy the two lines in question. The comment and the working pasta. Plus the two lines enclosing them.

My pirated Unity flips the fuck out sometimes and has to be restarted.

Where does your game fall on the genre tier list?

>pretty cool
I feel "nvm but good luck"ed.

Damn that's an oldie.

Bro Tier, i'm fine with that

Missingno tier, because it's not on there.

my fighting game is obviously not welcome here

pastebin.com/TU0PAfxw
that's it
Bro tier

You're both in "Keep it up Tier"
And I'm looking forward to playing your games!

Where would an MMO fall on that list?

oh yeah fug theyre fuckin identical

I'll chalk it up to Visual Studio being fucky and cross my fingers it doesn't happen again.

>using gms
>once every twenty playthroughs something clips through a wall and gets stuck and I have no idea how
>it shouldn't even be possible because this collision code is used by everyone

does changing sprite_index fuck with your collision mask at all?

Well thanks. I hope you enjoy what I eventually put out.

Not if you're using a sep mask than the sprite's. Otherwise it would change with each sprite_index.

depends entirely on the collision masks of the sprites being used

using xscale and yscale can fuck shit up if your origin isn't perfectly centered

also
>it shouldn't even be possible because this collision code is used by everyone
Not a good metric for whether code is sound.

I'm sure I'm just being a massive retard here, but can someone explain why my F-Curve editor is empty?

Google-sama was most unhelpful

Best pal tier.

I've not posted a lot recently after almost a year break. For anyone who remembers, Ive started working on this area again. Its a basic connect-the-dots kind of puzzle where you have to find the correct order of these little flower things to grab, which boost your speed incrementally for a limited duration. After a while you run into similar items that bounce you into the air which you must combine with the speed boosts to traverse areas. Things get more and more complex as you progress but mainly this area is for GOFAST.
Im not too good at converting webms to retain quality and allow for much of a decent length of time

It really bothers me when in a font the lower case "L" and an upper case "I" look exactly the same. I think it's something that should be fixed especially when there's a lot of text.

how are you meant to know what the correct order is?

is it a MMO ~RPG~?

>using xscale and yscale can fuck shit up if your origin isn't perfectly centered

oh, this is probably it. I was trying to figure out how to repeat it but I think I might've already fixed it by assigning every object the same box mask.

Welcome back

Mm, I just changed the font and hadn't noticed that. Haah. Alright, I'm going to see what I can do about that. It's hard finding a font like this one that has good kerning and making cap L and I different without serifs.

Might have to just roll my own.

Distance between each flower dictates which you can collect before the reset initiates. Terrain also ties into it (hills and such create miniature obstacles). Essentially there is only one correct path for each one which you must figure out. In the beginning there are visual cues such as foliage surrounding the "starting point" and Altars that light up the correct path. As time goes on I remove these cues and you must figure it out for yourself, thus increasing the difficulty and reducing the handholding.

2nd half of this

Hey, we made a game bout Trump, lol. You can rate, you can hate, every shit is fine.

Yes.

Have you ever tried it out with playtesters?

Thanks m8, its been a while but Im glad to be back to work.

Please send help

>russian
>whodev
>meme game
Shitty shill trifecta.

Then obviously you're an RPGBro like me, and thus a best pal.

Im actually giving a few of my friends a try soon to get feedback for how difficult it is or isnt. Ive been so close to it for so long that it all seems too easy and apparent to me, so I finally decided to get some second opinions.

Link here
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862618774

but i thought russia likes trump

I don't know blender but I'd suggest searching for editor options that relate generally to the type of window or UI associated with what you're having trouble with, rather than searching for solutions to a missing f-curve editor specifically.

Time controls.

>start selling your first game on itch
>sales are small but feels good man
>suddenly paypal limits your verified account and asks for personal info
>tfw it's chump change and can't believe they'd waste time on it

i hate how the exchange of money always involves some kind of third party. futuristic universal credits system when?

There's now a visual indicator on the side of each party member's health. Hopefully the UI is understandable enough.

>whodev
Shame. Another "AGDG" game that won't get remembered.

Good leaping/soaring
Running around on the ground is not comfy, which contrasts with the chill art

need hang glider mechanic

I've gotten $9 over 2 years on Itch.
I'm envious that your sales are small rather than non-existant.

Doesn't itch.io link up to bank accounts directly?

You're making an income, you gotta pay taxes. That's how it works my man

Pretty unreadable, senpai.

Forgot the webm

Christ I hate this captcha.

it's less than $200
i think if you email them and ask for it they will do a wire transfer directly, but if i remember right it's only for americans

thankfully half of what i made was sent to stripe which seems vastly superior to paypal. problem is some people can only use paypal

In tutorials everyone just says "go to the F-curve editor" and the animation curves are already there.
Can't seem to find anything useful.

Blender's own documentation only explains all the things you can do with the curves. Nothing on how to make the curves actually appear.

I've tried every option and setting. Completely stumped.

>Christ I hate this captcha.
4chanx -> Use Recaptcha v1

That little menu in the bottom left?
I would suggest changing how condensed it is so you can actually read what the up/down options are without they getting cut off. Particularly the bottom one which gets covered up by that charging bar almost entirely

>You're making an income, you gotta pay taxes
Tell that to drug dealers.

drug dealers pay taxes my man

Buy Veeky Forums gold, mate.

switch statements are fucking ugly

The slow movement on the ground is indeed most uncomfy but kind of gives incentive to jump around, jump around, jump up jump up and get down.
I recently realized that the naturally slow movement ruins the pace (later you get upgrades to allow quick dodging in the air-similar to UT99/UT2k). I plan on adding a "fast movement mode" which you can toggle on and off. By using this you can survey the terrain much quicker. However, when in fast movement mode you will be prohibited from activating the speed boosts, which should be a good trade-off.
Actually the hang glider mechanic would probably be perfect for this...You could move faster and also have better air control to survey the area but must exit the hang glider mode in order to actually complete the speed puzzles. Thanks m8

What an amazingly petty thing to get butt hurt about my man.

They take up too many lines

Ah I forgot it's 1985

so did your mom while she had you in her belly, which explains a lot

Does code have to be pretty?

>Placeholder graphics
>Tile generation with secondary map decorations
Alright, time to ship this to greenlight

I'll try that out.

>greenlight
Is that a reasonable thing to do anymore?

Turns out it was just Blender being a cunt.
I began editing the action while the F-curves window was open and suddenly the curves popped into existence.

of course it does
you wouldn't defend pic related would you?

Absolutely. I'm going to be rich.

I wonder how many times he's typed "this" in his life.
I wonder if he programmed a key to automatically type "this" every time it's pressed.

>Selling a product and making money
>"Omg why did they ask for my personal information? Why can't my bank website be annoymoose like 4cham >:(

>Vector3 vector352 = vector351;
>Vector3 vector353 = vector352;
I didn't even pick this up last time.

did you miss the part where my account is verified? last sentence was obviously a joke

Looks a bit clunky.

in the last webm, iterating through the list made it scroll
but in this one, it just kind of nudges the whole list up or down in a way that doesn't look like scrolling (which is a huge contributor to the "clunky" feel)

I'm guessing there's a thing you might've forgotten to adjust. Readability-wise it's a whole lot better, though the top pixel of the bottom item is still cut off by the bar

This is /agdg/ what did you expect?

>assman
everyone knows 'mgr' is the superior abbreviation for manager

>using managers

>not an assman

It really only gives the illusion of scrolling - every time there's a switch, the items move forward and up/down a little bit before going back.

Due to the way the system works I don't think it's terribly important that you can read the other items. You know what each one is before the battle, and each is likely going to be different types (colors) to counter different enemies.

How do you rip off a kirby game when kirby is so unique?

Why is it so much easier to project personality traits/motivations onto male faces than females?

by being extra unique

It's okay for a man to be completely decimated and scarred, embellished with several additional chins, or blinded by a ridiculously big nose.
Defacing a woman like that is frowned upon; females' worth is defined by looks more than a male's.

>Cant stop thinking about wanting a femboy, stopping me from devving
anyone else have this problem?

Alternatively, women are semi-sentient props that are incapable of harboring meaningful, relatable emotions.

Because you have decided that women are only allowed to be pretty, and can't have any sort of blemish on their face. Maybe try to stop caring about stupid shit like that and just make your characters. Doesn't fucking matter what gender they are.

Go the Aliens route. Write the role as a man, then slap tits on him.

The feminist projection is unreal tonight.

Being a cuck that puts the pussy on a pedestal is much worse. Your fictional characters aren't going to fuck you no matter how pretty you make them, so it doesn't matter. Make them ugly like real humans are.

Reposting my pasta about Comfy Jam feedback and game play footage in case the devs missed it.

pastebin.com/WSz7QpBb

I hope I'll have time tonight for more.

Keep up the good work!

>Your fictional characters aren't going to fuck you
s-shut up
that isn't true!