I FELL FOR THE MEME

>You don't need A/C
>You don't need power steering

A few months ago I took Veeky Forums's advice and bought a 1993 Miata without A/C or P/S for $2500 because

>it's so light you don't need power steering
>it's a convertible so you don't need A/C

At first it didn't seem that bad, but after a few months it's wearing on me. I'm not hardcore enough to drive a street legal go-kart everywhere apparently. This wouldn't even be that bad if it went from 0-60 faster than an actual city bus, or if I dind't live in the fucking SOUTH. But I was dumb, I fell for the fucking racecar meme, and now I can't find anyone who wants to buy my shitbox for even $1500.

Fuck me.

>1993
>no power steering

what the fuck?

>Miata
>0-60
I don't think you understand its purpose

ya miatas are pretty shit

if your going to buy a shitbox get a twingo or a geometro

And now, you know Everyone makes mistakes, just don't make them twice.

> I say as I push my broken-down Citroen to the nearest garage

Previous owner de-powered the steering rack because """"""racecar""""""

i hope it came with some sunscreen for all that sun you're being exposed to from driving with the top down in the fucking SOUTH

You're telling me that the 1993 Miata doesn't come with PS (which is unbelievable to me) or that the PS on your particular Miata doesn't work? Just fucking fix it if the latter.

Dipshit.

Where's your daily? All these 90s cars you see on Veeky Forums are TERRIBLE to have if you only have one car (except Twingo and Metro). Suck it up and roll your windows down for now, and save up for a new shitbox. Either get yourself a Civic/Metro, or put something down on a lightly used Versa. Either way is fine.

And as a Texasfag, sitting in MOPAC traffic with a shot compressor isn't THAT bad. You'll sweat like a pig but it's not gonna kill you. Seriously though. Fix your shit.

I've had a '95 Miata in southern Alabama for 8 years now. I have A/C and it works great but I never use it unless I have a passenger - I'm fine with putting the top down or just dealing with it. I guess if you're obese and sweat a lot it would be rough. Just set the air to vent from the outside (not recirculate), set the temp to cold, and don't turn the fan or A/C on and it will vent slightly-cool air as you drive.

Now, the P/S thing I can't really speak for because I've never driven a car this small without it.

Top wew, I just read about you dumb fuckers depowering the PS on purpose. And you wanted to drive this every day?

exactly what is the problem? it's too slow? you could turbo it for $500 and a weekend

>not wanting the superior steering feel of a manual rack
>too much of a pussy to turn the wheel in a tiny miata
What a fucking pleb

I've got a new car with quick ratio but light steering and i have to say heavy steering is a meme

>NA Miata
>Depowered steering wheel
>260mm steering wheel (stock is 370)
>6.5° caster
>245 width tires
This is my daily driver. You just need to man the fuck up.

I drive a black mustang with a black interior and no AC in Florida
Git gud

>NA Miata
>This is my daily driver
>You just need to man the fuck up

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA *IN HAILS* AAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

don't you have an appointment at the nail salon today? don't spend to much time posting or you will miss it.

How hard is it to turn the steering wheel? Can you turn fast with 1 hand still? I can't imagine no PS..

>tfw i bought my Miata with no PS, no A/C, no heat, no radio

But I have a second car since I live in New England and driving it in the Winter wouldnt be fun.

that being said I will have no problem DD'ing it in the summer

Why would you take the radio out?

I drive a car with similiar weight and no power steering on 195 tires and its only a hassle when parallel parking in a real tight spot or after rockclimbing when my forearms are sore

sure, I can't just use two fingers to turn the wheel when parking, but that doesn't bother me

Mazda's gram strategy

My Civic has a manual rack and I have no issues. Yeah doing turns from a stop takes some slight effort but it feels great otherwise. As for the AC you can at least drop the top. I drove every day the last two summers delivering pizza in the South and I sweat like crazy. I got my AC working this year though. Only gonna use it if I need it.

Get back to me when you daily drive a Lexus SC400 with broken power steering. That's a fucking boat.

I just said I bought the car like that and I wouldve taken it out anyway. The radio that comes in the miata is shit.

here's the original craigslist ad. note, I didn't pay the asking price.

Did they do it correctly or did they just take the pump off and block the pipes?

Only a DYEL little faggot would struggle on a properly modified rack.

>in hails

So just put shit back ffs

my DD is a '94 civic hatch factory no P/S car. its not bad at all, no way i would bother installing P/S on it. A/C is a must though, it hits 115* here in the summer and without A/C it is absolute fucking suffering.

except unpowered power steering is much different than rack and pinion, not to mention much heavier. if you want a manual rack, get a car with a manual rack, or swap one in

>Too much of a bitch to handle my little girl car
>Still tries to talk shit

It's hefty. It definitely takes both hands to turn the wheel when you're stopped, but it's not so bad when you're at speed. It's not possible to pull off the shit I see drifters do, throwing the wheel lock to lock with one hand, but you can still steer fast enough to countersteer if necessary. I actually like the weight; it forces you to be smooth and not saw on the wheel when you're driving hard. There's also a lot more feedback from the tires, you can actually feel exactly where they're pointed as the weight of the steering changes. It makes things like countersteering a lot more natural, since you can tell directly how much steering angle and brake/power you need, instead of going through layers of abstraction as you judge the yaw angle of the car and the position of the steering wheel and the balance of the car and do the subconscious calculus to get everything roughly lined up.

It's something that you kind of have to experience to understand, and it helps a lot if your first time with a depowered car is on a twisty road you already know, rather than in traffic on the way to work or learning to drive in a parking lot. Once you really understand how much better the steering feel and feedback is, it's obvious that it's worth the occasional groan as you leave the parking lot after a long day at work.

why not just add ac then? i could do without power steering but god is ac a necessity.

You realize that most power steering systems, including the Miata's, use rack and pinion, right? No one is telling you to depower your S130's recirculating ball steering. You get a little bit of drag from the seals in a drained rack, but it's practically nothing. Hell, my power steering belt on one car kept falling off so I left it that way. I didn't even drain the system. Hasn't been a problem for me.

I had an E23 740 that the PS went out on, and I still drove that fucker around for months. I had to be pretty selective about my parking spots though.

>bought a 944 with no P/S or A/C
>daily driving it for over a year now
>literally never had an issue with either because I don't have twigs for arms, I can open the window and the cold doesn't bother me too much
>mfw I hate driving cars with P/S now because they have no feeling

NJ bro tell me where I can buy an e30

>Buying a miata
>too much of a pussy even for that

Lmao

Even an 80 amp turbo will make a difference on a car that light.

Civics are actually enjoyable without power steering imo