Would you patina a modern car?

would you patina a modern car?

>purposely wearing down paint - a functional 'device' used to protect the body from rust - on an expensive appliance for the purpose of achieving an aesthetic quality with niche appeal

no fucking way, i'm not some sort of faggot

If I wanted to look like a huge cock sucker maybe

>plastic
>patina

it looks like you couldn't afford to respray your car

Kinda hard to pull off on anything newer then 2000

Calm down it's very likely a vinyl wrap.

And no I wouldn't. Because there is no cudos for driving a modern car that looks rough, you just look like an idiot who doesn't take care of his car

Patina looks shit in real life, it's only good for IG likes

Nope, if you look up the history on this car, it was in fact actually weathered by hand. Many articles claim he painted a matte sealant coat on the car as well, which makes sense.

personaly i think it can look nice on all cars, but i don't see how it's practical if you're gonna daily them. what happens if water gets through the clearcoat? and the metal starts rotting without you even knowing becuase you can't tell the diffrance between rust thats been already there and the new rust? i perfer my vehicles clean & rust free so i can spot these kind of things.

Just stop washing it

next time don't leave the keys in ignition dumb cunt

>fake wear
>fake rust on plastic panels
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It actually looks better.

No. Patina in a rust zone is a bad idea.

>Québec

Even living there is a bad idea indeed.

"Patina" is the automotive equivalent of spending $250 on a pair of bleach spotted, torn blue jeans.

Old unrestored cars, "survivors" are acceptable.

No, it's always obvious that it was done on purpose, especially those rims.

looks like your hot wheels from when you were a kid and smashed them into everything under the sun and chipped the paint off

Fake patina defeats the purpose and never looks good anyway. I'm not even sure I'd use the term to describe intentionally-fucked paint.

The best "imitation" patina I've seen wasn't even real rust, it was just a vinyl- and it looked more authentic than any stancefag angle grinder job.

I've owned my truck for a year and never washed it. It's silver so it doesn't even look dirty. It rains about once or twice a month which keeps it clean enough

With a good fake patina, it's impossible to tell if its authentic or not.

The ones you can tell are fake were done badly.

Also, patina can only occour in limited climates.
There are no natural patinas in Seattle for example. If you drive a CA car up to Seattle, the patina will turn to rust infront of your eyes.

>tfw genuine moss is growing on my car

No. Ive done it once on an old shitbox and after a month i was sick of it. People say 'just clearcoat it and it wont rust'. Bullshit, it will continue to rust whether you're clearcoating it or spraying wd40 on it. Wrapping on a patina solves most of the problems but it will still be ugly and you'll hate it after a week. No point in doing it to a car, especially something new unless you really have nothing better to do with your money.

WD40 doesn't stop rust.

Wipe with a light coat of boiled linseed oil once every couple of months and it will stop new rust forming.
But it will also darken the color of rust that's already on there - which is good or bad depending.

You'd have to be nuts to destroy a factory baked on paint job.

Keep it up. Soon you'll drive around an entire ecosystem.

All American cars are crap who cares. Blow it up while you're at it

t. salty european driving his 4 cylinder he paid 40,000 euro for

>tfw you will never drive a patina-wrapped micra

why live?

>Keep it up. Soon you'll drive around an entire ecosystem.
I've got two spiders and their webs. They can do quite well on door mirrors

Patina is a natural product.
Doing this "aging" shit is retarded.
Is this because of that Q/A Freiburger did where he said ratty muscle cars are in right now?
If so, he's talking about actual unrestored classics.

Its patinaing itself quite nicely on its own

>mazda build quality.jpg

>studded snows
I didn't think Scandis bothered using salt. How are you rusting?

Oh fuck no, salt is cheap and they throw that shit nearly fucking anywhere. I'm lucky that my local roads aren't salted, and I can go months without having to take a road that is

Previous owner didn't really do anything to prevent the rust, and he regularly drove it on very lightly salted roads (but cleaned it regularly), and the first 3-4 years or something were spent in the areas around Oslo, which means fucktons of salt

Its not much rust really, very surfacy and quite easy to clean up. I spent the previous weekend with a friend, fixing up a lot of minor issues with the truck and also cleaned & applying rust protector all over the underside, and now nearly the entire underside is like this

nigga i thought you were Canadian

Similar climate
Similar culture
Similar fauna

I can kinda see why

You forgot
>Similar levels of English literacy
>Similar oil
>Similar neutrality in European affairs

Very valid points

We have ski sports, they have hockey
They have USA as their annoying neighbor, we have Denmark

Still, in terms of auto I think we're extremely cucked in comparison. A fine example is me having to get up early tomorrow, take the Toyota to a local shop and have my right rear parking brake re-inspected as it got listed as a 2-value fault due to the arm not fully returning (now fully lubed and ready to go) on the bi-yearly EU-mandated safety/emission/functionality inspection which warrants a new inspection of whatever caused the fault after it has been fixed

Is it bad I can read that?
I'm an English-only speaker.

>i'm not some sort of faggot
You're flipping out over an aesthetic choice for a car
Yes you are
Answer to the OP is depends on the car
Lots of cars can look fucking awesome with it but others just look trashy or disgusting
Case by case basis
Funny, I hate every mustang ever made except the boss especially the modern ones and yet the pic you posted looks fucking sick

This

I mean, do it if you WANT, but almost nobody is gonna think you're cool for doing this. You're going to look like a poorfag or an idiot

don't quote me on this, but I don't think the car in the OP is a Mustang.

Looks like some sort of pony car from GM, maybe a Fiero?

It means you are ascended

My slip is thankfully a bit more clean

I won't lie, this legit looks good.

>If you drive a CA car up to Seattle, the patina will turn to rust infront of your eyes.
This fall to winter to spring season, Seattle has not had more than 2 days of sun before it rained again (October to now). So anyone that tries "patina" here is going to have a rust bucket. You want paint, not bare metal patina, here in Seattle.

Patina plus salt also doesn't sound like a good combination.

It works on that car, good job user.

That's the dumbest shit ever. Patina looks cool on old cars and adds character to the car. On a new car, it's looks stupid.

>"forskjeld"
>"airbag lampe"

Was he brown?

>"etterkontroll"
>clean
Nope, hahaha