RON PAUL Veeky Forums

RON PAUL Veeky Forums,

Need to buy car. Must be
>Manual
>AWD
>Turbo
>Under 70k mi
> Under 15k

I've looked at evos, Subarus, and tried to find a BMW 335xi in my area but I cannot find any n54s within my specs around me. Evos are slightly out of the price range and I don't want to be a faggot driving around in the snow with that car.
No Saab 9--2x aeros I can find.

I'm not sure what else to consider.. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2233&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=36104&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&maxMileage=73000&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=164504263_isFeatured
newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/6032100433.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WRX.

>wrx
>under $15k

delusions: the post

Take that money, go to the bank, finance the $6-10000 difference.

Not hard. I'd go with a 2015+ WRX, 11-14 STi, or a newer Evo X.

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2233&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=36104&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&maxMileage=73000&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=164504263_isFeatured

Not unless you know someone who can rebuild it once you blow a piston ring.

I've considered this but don't want a large payment and don't want an car that costs 30k versus one that costs 10k right now.

I've got cash to buy a 30k Evo but pissing all your liquid in one go is a mistake so I only want to put down 5k max and finance the rest. Also I'm investing most of my cash right now.

Fiat Panda 4x4 twin air

Holy shit not bad. I live in Ohio next to IL and Hawkeyes are the best I know..

I am definitely going to consider this.

I actually do know someone. He builds a lot of Subarus. Bunch of import stuff, supras, usually high hp stuff... Single man and his shop

A certified pre-owned base model '15 WRX or even a leftover '16 WRX will run you $25k.

>only want to put $5k down

So you have $5k, then say that and keep looking for a used 02-05 WRX/Legacy GT. I'd suggest you raise your base by $2-3000 (personal loan from smaller bank, family/friends) and find something. I've seen Legacies with built motors sell for $6-8000. Keep a search alert active for the area within 200 miles and do it that way. Quite frankly, $15k is a shitty budget. You could either do a high mileage 04-07 WRX STi or 09-12 WRX, or a low mileage 06-08 WRX/Forester XT due to being too old or too high miles.

Neither of which most banks will touch for financing

Example:

newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/6032100433.html

Jew him down to $7000 flat.

It seems like too much, but then again these cars really didn't change a whole lot from when they first came out up until 2015 with the FA20. I bought my 9-2X Aero for $4000, and saw a few for $4-7000. Keep a eye out on the forums too.

I can put another 7 or 8 down, that is not the issue. I just don't want to spend it because I'm a jewnigger with a mutilated jewcock. (the latter is actually real)

I also am not a fan of Subarus but I will get over this.

I've also considered a buick regal GS 2012 used. 40k mi fwd 6spd from a dealer for right around 15k.

You'll get over that pretty quickly. I hated Subarus until I bought one. They feel like a 1990s car without the 1990s drawbacks. I'll readily admit Evos were better cars...but they don't make them anymore.

>Responsive Steering
>Practical
>Tons of visibility
>Reliable when stock and unabused (even then, don't launch it or try to boost it to x2 stock whp on stock internals/driveline, that's when shit goes downhill as soon as you start swapping turbos for anything bigger than a factory sized one and romp on it)
>Feels agile/nimble, with tons of grip despite understeer at limit
>Cheap parts, and spark plugs/valve cover gaskets aside very very easy to work on

The appeal is there and they have their niche, try finding a Turbo AWD sedan that isn't totally soulless.

Like I said these cars didn't change a whole lot from 2002-2005 to 2015. Try to find a older one in a non-salt state, or one with a fresh motor for $7-8000 or less. I paid $4000 for mine from Miami. Paint is fucked on all the plastics, and it has 100k miles and due for a timing belt job but it's better than anything I found up in NYC.

Best advice aside from that is to keep looking. They're rare but still there.

I appreciate this post. Im going to look into them more.

>The appeal is there and they have their niche, try finding a Turbo AWD sedan that isn't totally soulless.

BMW 335xi 07-10. That's also what I've been looking for.

I only have a month or two to look and I honestly don't see myself keeping the car for more than a year or two so I don't think I want to travel more than a couple hundred miles for it.

Why not look at an AWD G37?
Those are a thing, but they're not turbocharged. Why does it have to be a turbo engine anyway?

>AWD
>Turbo

Was Just s preference. Car could be fwd or an inline 6/v6.

This opens a bunch of other options.

Celica?

Fun cars if you can deal with a 6spd Automatic.

Then look for a CPO car or a good deal on a Turbo Subuaru and sell it when you're done. At least they hold value.

Or go for a lease on a Q50 AWD.

I'm not crazy on the Twin Turbo BMWs, they need deep pockets but you get a lot of car for the money. If you buy one keep $2-3000 stashed for when something breaks.

I have the cash so I have accounted for that.

Will check out cpo Subarus

They'll still run you close to $20-25k (since Subaru won't CPO a car older than 2011-12) but you'll be able to get financing and it'll be stock and keep warranty.

If you're keeping it for 1-2 years you're a prime candidate for a lease.

I was deciding against the lease because it is hard to find a respectable lease price for a Subaru. My current lease is a Cadillac ats AWD and it's $300 a month. Subarus are more, you have to put money down. And you get no comforts.

>within my specs around me.

If you're not willing to travel to get what you want, you'll never find what you want.