How to choose a shitbox for commuting ?

How to choose a shitbox for commuting ?

I need a vehicle to move around since the bus is too slow and unavailable.

Dont know what to choose, or specific pointers to whats good and whats bad. IM completely lost Veeky Forums

Whats a good gamble high mileage car I can get for cheap ? sub 600euros

Im lost in a sea of Fiat Puntos and Opel Corsas, help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JiWk8U7iArg
en.autogidas.lt/volvo-460-sedanas-1995-0128972625.html
en.autogidas.lt/audi-80-b3-s-sedanas-1991-0128982905.html
en.autogidas.lt/nissan-primera-p10w10-td-slx-sedanas-1997-0128982137.html
en.autogidas.lt/rover-25-hecbekas-2001-0128975641.html
olx.pt/anuncio/renault-clio1-fase2-1-2i-energy-IDyZegx.html#9072d2efe7
olx.pt/anuncio/toyota-starlet-preo-at-6-feira-IDzBHan.html#9072d2efe7
olx.pt/anuncio/vw-golf3-gl-IDA3407.html#bad5ecd361
olx.pt/anuncio/seat-ibiza-1-3-glx-IDAc9Xw.html#35e0de75d7
olx.pt/anuncio/audi-80-1-6e-75kw-102cv-IDy0CGf.html#63b77e62f7
olx.pt/anuncio/audi-80-1-6i-100-cv-IDAbXEH.html#2c4be0cd8b
en.autogidas.lt/automobiliai/?f_1[]=Audi&f_model_14[]=80&f_216=500&s=283277185
avto.net/Ads/details.asp?id=10202654&display=Audi 80 2.3 E CABRIO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>bus is too slow and unavailable

nice b8
stop being shit

youtube.com/watch?v=JiWk8U7iArg

>a sea of Fiat Puntos and Opel Corsas
you can harvest them for parts
and if your just communing get something with good torque

hats off to you, made me laugh out loud

something like what ? I live in Portugal btw where gas is like 1.34e/LITER and diesel is 1.11e/liter on the cheapest places.

preferably something that doesnt leave me on the side of the road and has low fuel consumption

Tás fodido maior.

What's your commute? I wouldn't go for diesel if we're talking short trips, diesel engines tend to wear considerably faster while they still haven't warmed up.

Emigrate, re-train and buy a Toyota Corolla? They built a GT model, it became quite famous.

Honda Jazz might not be within the price range but you should do anything you can to get one. It's perfect for what you want

E novidades....

About a 10 minute drive monday to friday , round trip of +/- 600 kms on the weekends

for that [rice I would get a VFR 750 RC36II plus gear...

But they have nice engines in the mIll give you that

>Jazz
>In Portugal
>For 600€

This is not Bongland user, you're lucky if you find a Jazz here below 3000€

If you don't mind tractors, diesel it is.
But for 600€? Man you're in for a world of hurt. Your best chances are Corsa A/B, mk1 Clio, and maybe some Puntos and 106's. And even still it's a gamble to find one that's not fucked to all hell.

If you want a cheap car, buy a used beater from the UK.

Nobody in Europe wants a RHD car so the prices are extremely low for what you can get.

It's a true gamble I know, but for 1000 plus Ill be getting a motorbike.

Guess Ill hold up another month or two and get a proper machine :(

>If you want a cheap car, buy a used beater from the UK.

Trust me, don't go there.
Ever heard of our ISV tax? Over displacement? We also charge it on imported cars (this practice was even deemed illegal by the EU, but anyway).
Made a quick simulation for a small 1.2 petrol, over 10 years old. Resulting tax to pay was...

...hold onto your butt...

2470€

Christ.
Can't you register it in Spain?

Audi 80.
You literally can't prove me wrong.

Sadly no. You're only allowed to do it if your main residence is registered to the same country of the car's.

Fug.

Could you not register it at all, and keep driving it with UK plates? Do you think the police would care at all?

You might risk it, but I'd suspect they might notice if it passes regularly (especially since it would be a commuter), and pull it over someday eventually.

Add retarded laws you don't see anywhere else, like needing a fucking written authorization from the manufacturer if you want a different tyre size, and you understand why this country is the quintessential
>Are you a gearhead? Yes? Then absolutely and thoroughly fuck you.

Shut up and buy a Corsa/Fiesta

Couldn't you claim that you'd filled in the appropriate bullshit forms and were yet to receive a response? You can get away with that kind of shit here.

But yes, that does indeed suck ass. I hope you can wrench because anything in your price range will be a shitheap.

>Fiat Puntos and Opel Corsas
which are both fucking great cars

yeah if you're poor

Idk what the market's like in Portugal but in my country you don't even the 600 to buy a decent DD.
en.autogidas.lt/volvo-460-sedanas-1995-0128972625.html
en.autogidas.lt/audi-80-b3-s-sedanas-1991-0128982905.html
en.autogidas.lt/nissan-primera-p10w10-td-slx-sedanas-1997-0128982137.html
en.autogidas.lt/rover-25-hecbekas-2001-0128975641.html

>Couldn't you claim that you'd filled in the appropriate bullshit forms and were yet to receive a response?

Then they'd ask where's the document handed to you that proves you filled the bullshit forms and requested the import.
Yes it's a thing.

"At home beneath my big stack of fuck off"

Seriously though that sucks.
Can't you clone plates instead? How fucked are you if people find out?
Also, try selling lots of weed to tourists to make wonga

One of these should be bombproof and cheap. Or any mid-90s Toyotas really except for the Starlet/Glanza, they've probably suffered the most from the ricers.

maybe he should just, you know, stop being poor and get a job or drive whatever he's able to afford right now.

You can have a job and be poor, y'know.
Not saying he should do illegal thing though.

Get a punto or a twingo. I'm form slovenia and know your struggle. Bought a used punto for 800€ after totaling a twingo. My fiat has only one problem, which is that it was crashed by the previous owner and was fixed up, you can really notice that the entire left side of the car has a different color tone. And guess what, it passed the inspection like a champ.
>parts cheap as dirt

Both of these cars have some, which I call, factory flaws. Twingo:
>digital speed display, kinda clumsy, tends to never work because the speed sensor dies
>if you have a model with power steering and the speed sensor fails, it can cause you to loose the power steering completely and making the steering wheel really difficult to turn

Punto:
>problems with alternator stators getting warped, thus causing you to leave you stranded
>badly designed mounts on the engine head, causing blown head gaskets

Pic releated, here's mine in its true form

>look at the plate
>slo
Checks out haha

I know it sucks, I live here, this one is without a doubt the most red taped country I know of.
And I'm not OP btw.

olx.pt/anuncio/renault-clio1-fase2-1-2i-energy-IDyZegx.html#9072d2efe7

olx.pt/anuncio/toyota-starlet-preo-at-6-feira-IDzBHan.html#9072d2efe7

olx.pt/anuncio/vw-golf3-gl-IDA3407.html#bad5ecd361

olx.pt/anuncio/seat-ibiza-1-3-glx-IDAc9Xw.html#35e0de75d7

Any of those look pretty good, and within your budget. Looks like a lot of cars have issues with clearcoat so I wouldn't care too much about the paint if it's for commuting. My pick would be the Seat though.

Is Portugal like the Brazil of Europe of something? Why the fuck would an Audi 80 cost so fucking much?
olx.pt/anuncio/audi-80-1-6e-75kw-102cv-IDy0CGf.html#63b77e62f7

That would cost 600 max in Eastern Europe.

Kej?

>Is Portugal like the Brazil of Europe of something?
>Is Portugal
>the Brazil of Europe

user, Brazil is literally and historically the Portugal of South America

Where in Eastern Europe exactly? In Croatia you can't find any kind of an Audi 80 under 1000€.

Import taxes. Although it's part of the EU the goverment taxes you when you import based on emissions and displacement.

olx.pt/anuncio/audi-80-1-6i-100-cv-IDAbXEH.html#2c4be0cd8b

They're not all that bad, this one even seems to be the same one shade of paint!

Just geht a Corsa. Fuel economy ist good because they come with ridiculously small engines which still have sufficient ammounts of Torque. It might burn a shitload of oil doe. Long distance Drives Can also be done, Just don't expect a fast Car. What i also like about Mine (Corsa c) is that ist Can carry truck-ish ammounts of stuff despite being fairly small. At least here in Germany there's shitloads of cheap Party.

>Tl;dr
>Get a Corsa. Beste dd shitbox

Lithuania, Latvia, maybe Poland.
Yeah but I wasn't aware that it's as shitty as its' shithole colony.
It is pretty bad. This is my idea of a healthy market:
en.autogidas.lt/automobiliai/?f_1[]=Audi&f_model_14[]=80&f_216=500&s=283277185

>Audi 80 B3 weighs 1490 kg

what the fuck

I'm guessing that 123 Quilómetros means 123k kilometers. It's a low mileage one.

If you want crazy, come here:
avto.net/Ads/details.asp?id=10202654&display=Audi 80 2.3 E CABRIO

It's the gross weight, not the kerb weight

Yeah he means 123k. But the real kicker is

>motivo de venda estar parado

3500€ for a car that has been sitting unused.

>Only been sitting for 2 months
Yeah right, plus the time that ad is up. I see 2000 views at the bottom, I already noticed car ads on olx usually average 300-500 views permonth, so around 5-6 months minimum.

VW Golf Mk III
The 1.9tdi is a well proven diesel engine.
The 1.4 petrol is a well proven petrol engine.

There is not a better shitbox than the mk III Golf in your budget.

Except a 1.7 Corsa, or Astra.

So its a war of german eengines ?

What about japanese ? Ricers got em all?

How bad would it be to get a Honda Concerto ??

Civic or Corolla for $3k

just get a 1.7 opel or 1.9 vw and shut up

>sub 600€

Get one with a new inspection sticker that runs when you come to test drive it. That's literally all you can expect. Start saving for inevitable repairs now. A working car with no major flaws is worth 1500€ regardless of mileage or age. Any less than that, and you're gonna pay the rest within your first 1-2 years of ownership for new parts.

That is for internet purchases from strangers. If you talk to people personally or know someone selling, there's always better deals to be had.

the clutch on one of those is more expensive to replace than the whole 600 euro car, bub.

They cost around 100 eurodideridoos in eastern poorerope

you obviously don't know about the fact that Opels require the whole clutch kit replacement which is well over 400 euros just in parts, because GM. You can't just replace the disc, the whole kit needs to be replaced.
My mom has a Corsa C with the 1.3cdti engine, the clutch kit cost her a massive 800 euros.

Why ? Because GM that's why

a 1.9 vw is around a thousand euro guys :(

then get the 1.4L petrol since it's also a very robust engine that has mild performance and gets incredible fuel consumption for a petrol.
This engine is so good that it made it's way all the way up to the Golf 6

>GM engine
>not the glorious Isuzu engine

There’s your problem

The older C series engines are just as bulletproof as the diesel Isuzus. My 1.4 is reaching 300k with some oil leaking into cylinder 1, but otherwise purrs fine. A friend of mine has the still carbed 1.3 which last year reached, brace yourself, 520k, and I know it still runs. There's a reason the C20LET is still a favorite among tuning circles for taking boost like no tomorrow.

It's the newer Ecotec ones that are a bit more sensitive though, but still fine otherwise.

My 1.7dti has 410k on it, no need to fill oil between service intervals either.