Cheap RWD cars in europe

What are good manual RWD cars in the european region?

How come theres no somewhat cheap and compact RWD cars? I live in Austria, where FWD hatchbacks are the standard. I've been looking at BMW's like the E46 and E39. Problem is most of them are trashed and/or molested by turks, same for Audi and Mercedes. The E39 is nice but its just fucking huge at 4.7 meters length.

Im going to buy my first own car soon and im a little picky about what I want. Got 5 grand max and live in Austria by the way. I've been looking at a bunch of different vehicles for a while now but nothing really fits.

Also checked out cars like the 200SX (European 180SX) and some Imprezas but the ones that are here are imported and impossible to maintain because of registration fees and etc

E36
>Hurr durr muh Turks
Well guess what, they choose the fun cars for hooning

And thrash them in the progress, both figuratively and literally. Also they're the kind of folks who put M badges on 316D Compacts.

JDM life is expensive in europe but the Miata is in the scope.

a miata na in good condition costs more than a 6 cyl e36 in good condition in germany, stop memeing pls

>e39
>huge

Not really, especially compared to modern cars

The EU spec is called 200sx and they are expensive. You won't see them below 4.000 eurobucks.

get an E46 325/328/330/330d
best price/performance
maybe an E36 323/328 if you can find a decent example

BMW 3-series.
New Twingo.
That's literally it.
Maybe an old Benz C-Class, but only if you wrench yourself and rape it with third party parts.

IIRC only the M3 E36 had the M52 engine, im not looking for an M model. Hows this a meme anyway?

I know, problem is insurance and service.

Modern cars, especially SUVs are rather large though aren't they?

>decent example
The ones that are stock, or at least not riced and trashed are rare. I mostly just don't like the looks of the E36.

Are diesels any good nowadays? Everyone here is going batshit because of diesels having worse "emissions". The surge of early torque is awesome tho.

rwd.. audi ? learn before talking

Here’s your answer

A Sierra, or Scorpio would fit the bill too, if you can still find one.

Forgot pic...

>M52
What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about the m52

what for you need a rwd car anyway, especially a cheap one under 5000€? it's not like you're going to track it every day and you won't feel much of a difference

LADA
A
D
A

AWD is fine too.

Always heard the M50 is garbage. But turns out the 325 and up were also M52's.

Yes.

I just hate the way FWD handle when you give it a little gas, otherwise id be driving a Golf already.

The Scorpio sounds interesting, looks a bit like an Astra. Never seen one though. But why would i buy a Ford?

>But why would i buy a Ford?

You tell me

You'll have a lot more fun with a $5k Golf GTI than with a $5k BMW.

Get a ligh weight FWD hot hatch and learn to love the handbrake like every other Euro

>not scandinavian flicking it for added fun

>I just hate the way FWD handle when you give it a little gas, otherwise id be driving a Golf already.
you sound like a bench racer. you're buying an economy car under 5k, no matter the drivetrain any car will handle tuned for comfort and ease of driving. if you want a car with sharp steering then you need to raise your price bracket because performance models cost more, forget about this fwd vs rwd nonsense, you've been memed by Veeky Forums.

"The US needs to build better cars."
Driving american cars in Europe is just stupid, some don't even fit on our roads.

Used to drive an E46 320D Touring. Did really nice intertia drifts. Right now im stuck with a 45kW Polo

Idk if driving tanks is legal here

>Sierra, or Scorpio
>American

Scorpio is kinda large, but barely anything there could be called American, except the badge.

323 and 328 are better than the 325

>45kW Polo
Just rev it to 7k and shake the wheel

It its a 1.2L that redlines at 6k. And it understeers hilarously. Idk what youre trying to tell me

I have honestly never driven a polo but if you flick the wheel left and right on a golf(with a little more power) you can do some mad skids on the tou gay while blasting eurobeat to unleash your inner dagumi

Yeah blasting Nights of Fire is how I found out it likes to understeer ...

get a volvo if u want a cheap RWD manual car. It will be 10x cheaper than a bmw to maintain. The 740/940 are dirt cheap where i live atleast and you could probably get a turbo one for less then 5k.