Buy or no buy?

Found pic related of craigslist, could probably talk him down to 2500 or less easy.

It has a lot of miles on it and the engine has been rebuilt though. But the 22r engine has a really good reputation for being nearly bulletproof. I like the look of the truck and have seen some really good looking ones fixed up and lifted. Do you think I should buy or no???

Other urls found in this thread:

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6021985701.html
binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/6029717801.html
greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6045743024.html
greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6045619825.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2wd
>4cyl
>254k miles
>1986

$1000 at best, that guy is deluded

he also said it needs and a/c compressor, I live in a desert and summer is starting, gets up to 110 degrees here easy.

I really like the look of this truck though. Im sure if I went to check it out in person and offered him 2000 he'd accept, maybe less. It'll be my first vehicle and plan on fixing it up so I don't mind if I have to put some work into it down the line, infact I look forward to it. They look pretty sweet lifted.

I also like the old Datsun trucks, the fucker wants 5k for this one though which is way out of my price range. The truck looks super clean though, not sure if I can talk him down a couple thousand. Do you think this is even worth 5k?

We got a 1993 with 103k miles for pretty much that price at a Honda dealership. If you can't haggle the price down I would look for a cheaper one user.

>BUILT IT FOR MY SON BUT HE CHANGED HIS MIND

Wow what a dick son.

ik, thats a nice fucking truck man.

ok dudes, he just sent me this. Apparently he's replaced a lot of stuff recently. Still a bad deal or no?
>It's mechanically sound. I replaced all the ball joints, did front and rear brakes, polyurethane bushings throughout the suspension, lowering kit with new front spindles new rear springs not blocks and new shocks. Rebuilt the engine with literally everything bought new and always used mobile 1 synthetic oil, has a Weber carb, ported stick intake manifold, new LC engineering head with mild cam and new high oil flow rocker arm assembly, dual row timing chain upgrade, new water pump, new high flow oil pump, new starter, new alternator, new radiator, new fan clutch, new belts, new hoses, new spark plugs, new wires, new cap and rotor. New clutch, new clutch master and slave cylinders and throw out bearing. All of that was done about 25k miles ago. It didn't have the factory smog pump when I bought it so it's registered as a classic so you don't have to smog it. Has less than 500 miles on the new front tires. Could use rear tires soon. I serviced the rear end with new bearings and seals and fresh gear oil. The transmission is the only thing I haven't touched and it works fine, no noises other than the old worn out speedometer cable squeaks.

um, you can talk him down easily to 2k, just offer him 1.2k and see what he says

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6021985701.html

What do you guys think?

>SAVAGE TITLE

Run, don't walk, away from this shitpile.

unless you are going to swap a different engine in, and redo the entire interior why the fuck would you buy that

Even before the salvage title, I wouldn't fucking buy a car from a guy who does that to his discs and door handles.

figured id post this here

is this a good deal, or a pig with lipstick that will grenade out from under me?

binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/6029717801.html

I saw another celica supra at a similar price, but it had rust and an exhaust leak.

LS swap.

>brand new paint
>takes a picture with bird shit on it anyways

Seems a bit steep for those miles, desu.

If he can show receipts and proof of this work, and it shows when you take a look at it, buy it if you got it. Rule of thumb is half at least a third of the purchase price or $1000 whichever is more on hand when buying used, especially cheaper stuff, incase things need work or go wrong.

I'd buy it senpai.

>discs
Those are rims, user. As in the actual rim of the wheel.

I know that, I'm just not American and sometimes slip up.

If you can afford it, go for it. With that mileage you'll probably want to put another grand into maintenance and repairs even if there's nothing critically wrong with it. Everything in the suspension is probably going to be shot and you'll want new wheel bearings and u-joints, that kind of stuff.

thanks, what concerns me is that it looks good externally, but im worried the engine or something else important would go as soon as I start driving it. there's also no pic under the hood either.

Fellow greenville bro. Rare to see.

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6045743024.html
>10k WRX HEKTIK

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/6045619825.html
>5.5k Death machine.
>ALIGNMENT NEEDED = Death trap