Jack stands

what jackstands are gud?

inspect the welds yourself
I wouldn't trust my life on advice from a bus riding user from a chinese cartoon forum
then again listing to my advice would be taking advice from said chinese cartoon forum
don't listen to me

that single side exhaust is hnnnnggg tho

I bought whatever they sold at Napa. I think ac Delco. They work good, held up my truck

As a general rule, each jackstand I get should hold more than the weight of the car I am working on.

yea normally id just go with harbor freight shit,

but i become a pussy about it when i realise its going to be holding thousands of pounds over my head

I use cheap ones and pack solid as fuck wood under the chassis somewhere so in a worst case scenario I don't die.

the metal kind

Ok, 22 tons is overkill but that design is perfect.
Not the type that has folding legs and the ratchet ones I just can't come to trust unless they are on the very lowest setting (not ratcheted)

My Harbor Freight ones haven't killed me yet

Screw type is better imo. No welds or pins in shear.

honestly it looks to me like the pin type would be stronger than a screw type, just because there is less metal holding the car up in the screw type

>Screw type is better imo. No welds or pins in shear
Just a friendly public service announcement.

>a screw doesn't get any stronger after 2 full threads of engagement

There's a shitload of thread engagement in a well-built screw jack, and that monoblock cast construction is reassuring as fuck. I used to work under 30 ton buses held up by these things.

Use cinder blocks the hood way nigga.

If you're just holding up a light car, any well build jack stand will do

I used to do this untill I left my car for 2 weeks and one of the blocks had started to crumble apart

why don't cars come with pneumatic jacks installed?

>why don't cars come with pneumatic jacks installed?
Even if the cost was zero, they would not put them in because there is no vertical stowage in the chassis for four of those jacks in each vehicle. The secondary concern is their added weight would decrease the MPG.

I use the 2 tonne Craftman ones with 2x4s just to be safe

have you ever seen speed racer?

This has room for a built in jacking system, and it's an itty bitty racecar where space, weight, and MPG actually matter.

Being able to service the car including a full tire change in 60 seconds also matters in this application. It doesn't for road cars.

Better take the added space and easier/cheaper chassis construction that not having them enables. Not to mention cost.

>backpedaling on your garbage argument

fucking kill yourself, stay btfo

>literally my first post ITT
What's with all the butthurt? Someone seems to be "jacked up".

>lower than a street car
>lower suspension travel than a street car
>jack can be smaller than one for a street car
>people who work on their own cars or can even change a tire are in the minority
>trusting hydraulic jacks to hold up your car while you're working under it
Does that answer your dumb question?

Custom racing cars are not made to the same cost and maintenance concerns as mass-production consumer cars. Those racing jacks are for pit stop servicing and tire changes using air impact wrenches. Impact wrenches are generally frowned upon for consumer alloy rims.

If each consumer car cost as much as that racecar, then Veeky Forums would certainly be full of bus riders instead of car owners.