DO NOT BUY USED SPORTS CARS

DO NOT BUY USED SPORTS CARS

47k mile car, bought it 2 months ago and put 3k miles on it

Repairs:
- All 4 tires (sold bold)
- Rear driver side brake line fluid leak repair/replacement of line
- Transmission line replacement (no warranty)
- Rear differential leak repair (new gasket, warranty)
- Tire pressure sensor replacement
- Front brakes replacement
- Rear stabilizer bar replacement

FUCK. If it's too cheap and too good to be true, it probably is.

>buys car with bold tires and complains about having to buy new ones
>okay
>shit luck
>warranty, who cares
>minor shit, what nu-male sports cuckmobile comes with tire pressure sensors anyway?
>wear and tear item, should've seen it come
>whatever
tl;dr stop whining

Well, you ignored the red flag of someone selling a car with bald tires

>buying a car without knowing about that shit beforehand

A 2013 mustang GT

Sold for 19,000. Repairs quickly caught up with/exceeded average sale price. FUck

A mustang GT is not a sports car, nor is it anything particularly special. I see several GTs every time I go driving. For most people, they are very reliable cars.

The previous owner clearly fucked it up - I mean, why would you need to replace the rear sway bar? That kind of thing doesn't go bad even if you takumi down a mountain every night.

you are a dumb shit OP
>buys a used car expects to replace nothing on it.
used cars dont work like that you have to expect wear and tear.

It fucking squeeks over bumps. I don't know if it necessarily needed to be replaced, but the stealership said so. Mom/pop mechanics couldn't diagnose the problem.

"Hurr durr everythings tight"

I've had two previous used cars. It wasn't anything like this...

>(You)

It's classified as a sports car.

It's faster than 99% of the shit on the road bone stock.

too good to be true? your dopey ass bought bald tires.

They weren't completely bald. Dealership homos made the look presentable to the naked eye. I noticed they has uneven after it went on a lift and after I couldn't get any fucking traction whatsoever on dry road.

Okay, so, a "sports car" is actually not what most people think and is a very narrow definition. Sports cars are, by definition, lightweight RWD 2-seaters focused on handling performance - often convertible. Nowhere in the definition is acceleration or top speed mentioned. Think Triumph TR5, Miata, or Honda S800.

A mustang GT is a Pony Car. If you really wanted to stretch it, you could call it a small muscle car too. But it isn't a sports car. It certainly is quicker than most sports cars though.

So a brz is not a sports car?

These autistic definitions only exist for guys like you to stroke your cock to the feeling of being in a special club

So a brz is not a sports car?

These autistic definitions only exist for guys like you to stroke your cock to the feeling of being in a special club

Hey man, I'm just telling it like it is. I do drive a miata but I'm not going to pretend it's fast.

A BRZ is a sport coupe. You know what, I've been awake for ~50 hours on speed so just ignore my detail-focused bullshit.

Why did this happen

That's all minor repairs your a cuck for going to a shop

Hey at least you're a nice guy about it and still provided a detailed and thoughtful post.

To be fair the Stang is a gt car. Meant for spirited driving but can be a daily.

>Repairs:
>- All 4 tires (sold bold)
Let me guess, you had to change the oil too?
>- Rear driver side brake line fluid leak repair/replacement of line
Rust happens, this is actually fairly minor for an used older car
>- Transmission line replacement (no warranty)
Who buys an auto sports car?
>- Rear differential leak repair (new gasket, warranty)
This is kinda shitty, but warranty, so whatevez
>- Tire pressure sensor replacement
Oh no, the idiot lights on my dash won't go off. How will I know when to air up my tires? I can't figure out how to use this $1 thing available literally anywhere.
>- Front brakes replacement
At that mileage, they were probably still factory.
>- Rear stabilizer bar replacement
The whole thing? Why? Sounds like the shop fucked you.

These just seem like the typical shit you find on previously owned car. If you overpayed that's on you.

Holy shit, the meme of miata drivers being convinced they have the absolute best car in world is true. Cite for me the definitive outline of a sports car. The source for your bullshit you of course couldn't have just conjured up. Oh and when you're done snorting children's adhd meds and telling us its speed, remember that any form of sports surrounding automobiles, a fucking V8 mustang would beat your NA miata except perhaps an indoor go kart track. If you're car fails to succeed at any "sport," than its hardly a sports car. Btw, JDM FD RX7's that had the factory option for rear seats are not sports cars according to your autism. Lastly, you're correct in that mustangs are not special, but either you're being a hypocrit or a retard considering that you drive an NA miata. This is all coming from someone who drives an aw11.

Aww poor baby. Learn to wrench fgt

You're a cool guy, and that was a top-notch post.

But consider taht at no point did I say my car is special or fast, nor did I imply that something is inherently great just because it can be classified as a sports car. Also, if straight amphetamine isn't "speed" then I think you'rethe one trying to be category-elitist here. But again, you're one cool dude.

>>- Rear stabilizer bar replacement
>The whole thing? Why? Sounds like the shop fucked you.

The car made an awful creeking sound over bumps. I don't even fucking know why honestly.
They don't call them stealerships for nothing.

What can possibly warrant a complete replacement of it?

Rust or bent, otherwise they took you for your money because your a moron.

Well for one, I'm a medical professional. Me not giving enough of a shit to roll my sleeves up like a blue collar knuckle-dragger doesn't make me a moron.

Still think you're too smart to pay the deprecation on a new car?

sorry mang but you have no idea what you are doing.

would have been the end links or bushings. could have easily done your research and figured that out and spent fuck all replacing those 2 wear items.

if you are buying a second hand car that is anything but a shitbox you should probably do research and learn to wrench yourself. otherwwise you have no reason to come on here and bitch that you were uninformed and had to pay someone else to do simple jobs

stop being lazy

I told them specifically to look at the bushings. They tell me the whole fucking thing needs replacement.

>hurr durr I bought a shitty example and it caught up with me
Any reputable dealer would've put new tires on it. You brought this on yourself for looking for a deal. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Kill yourself

If you're so high and mighty then you should stop complaining that you had to pay money to gets things fixed.

either learn to do stuff yourself and pay very little for shit that goes wrong
or
pay the stealership to fix (and fuck you in the arse) your shit and don't complain

did you at least ask them to show you the damage?

They called me over the phone. I have no way of getting to them until the weekend.

So I basically said "fuck it".

>complains about being bent over because they don't know what they are doing
>proceeds acting high and mighty on a Vietnamese car roasting forum

Lmao no one cares about your profession. You're retarded either way

Guy who owned my 2010 SS Camaro with 39k miles on it dogged the shit out of it. Was driving and a light rattle started 100 miles into owning it, got louder louder. Pinion was fucked. Bought it from a Rick Hendricks dealership and they refused to fix it, acted like complete assholes and treated me like shit. They wanted $6000 to replace the whole rear diff and install it. Got the broken parts myself and fixed it for $600, drives like a dream.

>those repairs exceeded 19k

Oh let me guess, you bought it from a dealer, and had the dealer do ALL of the work, probably at the same time as the one warranty repair, because they convinced you that they could hold it until all needed repairs were completed?

That's definitely not good for your body

Bought what? I assume you bought some shit tier unreliable sports car and didn't have it properly checked out so it's your own fault.

>bought a salvage title evo x
>guy had a story about how it was a bullshit total over some front end damage
>carfax backed it up
>got it for 17k at 40k miles
>no real problems a year later

You are fucking retarded

medical professional eh? so you deal drugs.