Talking to a guy in his early 20s

Talking to a guy in his early 20s
>Doesn't know what kind of car he has
>Has no idea what engine he has
>Apologizes and says he has no idea about cars and he can't even guess what kind of car he has
>I- IS this really the young generation?
>WTF

DELET THIS

so did you find out that cuckbox the cuk drove?

No, he could never tell me man

I didn't bother asking him to check with his mom what car he drives

btw. He is 18 years old and graduating soon
>WTF

Valet here.

You'd be surprised. A good amount of people don't recognize their own car.

We ask for their make/model/color & other distinctive information if they lose their claim ticket (do you lose your credit cards daily??) and some don't even know where to begin.

Can you tell me off the top of your head the exact make and model your dish washer is?

>it's bright red and has wheels and makes vrooom vroom sounds

yes

my right and left hand

STAY BTFO FAGGOT

Do you know what kind of a motor your vacuum cleaner or microwave has?

I get the point you're trying to make, but not knowing what kind of car you have is on par with not knowing your SSN.

You don't obtain a title for your dishwasher and take it to the DMV to register. You don't also sit in your dishwasher for hours at a time with its logo inches from your face

The make is Mexico and I guess the model is maid.

electric for that peak torque at 0rpm

some people aren't into cars, just as you might not be into other hobbies. deal with it

That's not quite the same thing user.

>Be 19
>Started working at 16 to get a bike
>Will probably never be able to afford a car
It takes effort
This is something i see a lot both in my age group, but mostly in the now 25-30 "young adults"

There's a very low sense of personal responsibility, in a way i'd say most of them are immature

This coupled with the current nurturing and ipersensitive society makes for very little individuality

He talked to his mom, looks like he drives an accent 2015

fucking Hyundai boys

I'm sure other folks would have the reaction if they asked me what brand my t-shirts are or my jeans, or if they would ask me who my favorite football player is

Different people, different interests

>talking to my friend
>tell him about this car I want that I've been obsessed with for the last year or so
>still saving up from working part-time and going to school
>have to show him pictures of it because he has never heard of it before
>he says it looks like his dad's and that he's been driving it every day since middle school

Being an autist with cars, I just can't even imagine this. But then I think of everything that has different brands and models, that has way more depth than I give a shit about and that's gotta be what it's like.

I know plenty of people my age and younger into cars

that said my early 20s really had me grow out of them

>not opting for the superior Manuela model

You forgot to put in the part where he accidentally buys an AE85.

Different people have different interests

Car people have this idea that everyone that doesn't care about cars is fundamentally flawed or whatever. They're an appliance to many people, the same way a camera is probably an appliance to many of you and a camera is my saving grace.

Dishwasher isn't travelling in excess of 60mph and the cell in which I will be confined to during peak hour traffic or the means of my survival if I'm in an accident.

>LIKE THE THINGS THAT I LIKE

>28 years old
>Got my first car last year
>Never gave a fuck about cars before that, and could barely recognize brands or models
>Just strung together my garage with tools I need and have started tinkering with the car to get a feel of what's what
Going to sound like one of those "everyone on my gen, except me, is fucked!", but I seriously don't have any friend who is technically adept, or willing to become it. They just go to the mechanic and pay their ass out of their wallet.

fuckin gearfag

I work at a petrol station and the women in particular have no clue what their car is, or what it does.

They need to buy engine oil, and they just don't know. They can thank their lucky stars I am staying observant and can see the confusion and fear on their face when they go to the oil shelf.

Your analogy is fallacious. I have fun in my car, I need my car, American culture is built on cars.

I didn't pay $27,000 for my dishwasher though....

Someone did

Same here. Just got a car a few months back, have no Idea what's what so I just pay the mechanic. Tho I pay close attention to what he does, ask around, google shit, and try to build up knowledge so that I can spend as little as I can in the future.

I'm in your position, but I don't have a car lel
I just recently got into cars and have been soaking up knowledge on an autistic level the past few mobths

Why are you talking to 18 year olds?

This is Veeky Forums
You know car enthusiasm is a cult
we're dying and everybody else is fucking useless. Come on you should know, you're one of us right?

Austrian from Vienna, 1991 model. Slightly on the softer side.
Originally got it for the looks, kept it for the abundance of features.

No women allowed

>loaned a boring means-of-transportation car 2 years ago
>started getting into cars about 1 year ago
so close to paying it off. hard not to feel so lame in a bland grandma 4banger, then i remember these guys have a plight far worse than mine.
plus it's reliable as hell and easy to work/learn on so i cant complain