Looking at the following

Lexus ES300
98-00 Lexus ls400
1st or 2nd gen Toyota Avalon
Acura TSX
Acura TL

Forgot to mention my local Craigslist is Los Angeles

Just buy a 1998-2000 LS400.

I daily drive one, and it is reliable as hell, gets good HIGHWAY MPG, and very comfortable, has a catback Magnaflow setup, and is fairly cheap to maintain.

should've just kept the scion.

>max comfy
Lexus LS

>sporty
Acura TL

My dad had an Avalon, he drove it for 250k miles and averaged 25.5 ± .5 mpg everytime, very very consistent.

Cruises nice, pretty comfy, quiet. Never had a problem

Me and my siblings roasted him for driving a grandpa car but it got the job done

Had it for two years the seats were uncomfortable if you drove for more than an hour and a half tolerable for anything less than that. Previous owner put a TRD exhaust on it and it was loud as fuck on the freeway.

>Lexus ls400
Stay the fuck away from anything with a timing belt and an interference engine. t. fraud victim

>Lexus ES300
Why the hell would you look at a rebadged Camry but not a GS?

>Scion xA
>Fast
These statements you write.../
They are not compatible/
You are mistaken.

And where did I say it was fast?
Fucking kek

>not working on your own car
kek casual non-mechanic cucks btfo again

>fraud victim
Didn't realize timing belts could commit fraud

Get a GS400 fool

Buy the first gen ls with the 1UZ
Manual swap it with the 240sx or 300zx transmission with the conversion jit floating around online

>Manual swap it with the 240sx or 300zx transmission with the conversion jit floating around online
Why?

Previous owner's mechanic claimed belt was replaced. Snapped 6k miles later. An old worn out belt was found.

>I'm such a retard that I refuse to do a timing belt service once every 10 years or 90k miles and complain when the belt explodes and takes the engine with it.

Why would you ever believe them? First thing you should do with a used car is do all maintenance. Replace all fluids, change timing belt and everything that is normally done in a timing belt service.

>change timing belt and everything that is normally done in a timing belt service.
Why would I want to take on a big expense like that on a used car when there are plenty of cars with chains.

>the mechanic told me the chain tensioner was fine but it exploded and destroyed my engine!

If you think timing chains will save you from having to pay to do preventative maintenance keep buying used cars so I can laugh when they explode on you.

I am willing to pay preventative maintenance, just not for unnecessary timing belts.

2000-2005 Buick LeSabre. Ignore anyone who says differently.

>early 2000s GM

An unnecessary timing belt or valves meeting piston. Your call.

Or just avoid a car with a timing belt.

Yeah let's just avoid plenty of good cars because we're afraid of paying for a timing belt service.

Did you have an argument?

Were you born before 2000? If so you should absolutely know that GM was a dead man walking leading up to 2008. Reliability of American cars at the time was utter dogshit. Anything from Daimler Chrysler, GM, and Ford was just a mess. Even BMW took a huge dive after the E46.

Whatever you say, champ. Perhaps their shit tier vehicles like the sun fire, or the grand am were shit, but anything with a 3800 and a 4T65E was got tier, unless a nigger got a hold of it. I've been working on cars for half my life, and I've seen those motherfuckers go 500k on original engine/trans combos. You gotta find one that been taken care of, but I guarantee you that a quality example will cost you less to own in the long run than a Honda or Toyota.

Reliability is more than just an engine.

The 98-00 LS400 is unquestionably a better car than the Buick LeSabre and more reliable.

>unquestionably a better car than the Buick LeSabre
I'd much rather have a $800 LeSabre than an $800 LS400.

I have autism.../
But you didn't notice this/
I write in haiku.

Cheap and reliable: Avalon

Hooning with reliability: LS400

t. avalon owner

What can you tell me about it?What you love and what you hate?

>Cheap chinky ac condenser
>shit electronic
>comfy seats

>LS400
Yes
Yeeeeeees

I fail to see how that's relevant when OP is willing to pay more for nicer things.

Aw fuck, is the A/C bad in it? It's getting hot in SoCal

I would get a Avalon but to me it's ugly compared to a Camry, and only comes in v6.

Because OP also said reliable or cheap/easy fix.

The LS400 is kind of legendary for reliability. Toyota reliability leading up to the recession was a meme but in the 90s they were at the top of their game.

Then get a Camry, they're almost exactly the same

Why not a gs400 you faggots???