Ok, Veeky Forums Any games for a history enthusiast?

Ok, Veeky Forums Any games for a history enthusiast?
Big fan of AoE and Civilization, btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
discord.gg/rxVKN
store.steampowered.com/app/236850/
store.steampowered.com/app/203770/
unrealworld.fi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Total war games are pretty cool.

The entirety of the Total War series.
Crusader Kings 2
Europa Universalis IV
Victoria

Be sure you play Victoria 2 with the Legacy of Slovenia mod.

Mount & Blade Warband with one of the many historical mods: 1257AD, Viking Conquest, Brytenwalda, L'Aigle, etc.

>Legacy of Slovenia
Wut

t. reed

Mount and blade: warband is probably my favorite game both single and multiplayer

Is Pride of Nations any good?

Great game, but the historical mods are buggy and unpolished. Hopefully bannerlord gets some real sheen put on the mods.

Rise of Nations
American Conquest

please keep our autism away from good boards

Both Paradox' titles and the Total War Franchise offers games set in several time periods with similar gameplay of conquest and empire management. Paradox' titles are more focused on state management whereas Total War are obviously about conquest. I enjoy both.

You should browse the catalogs and pick out the game with the time period that interests you the most.

Personally, I prefer;

from Total war
>Rome 2
>Napoleon

from Paradox
>Hearts of Iron IV

There are earlier titles, but I'm not a /v/ contrarian that hates anything published after I received my first pubes.

>Hearts of Iron IV

I keep seeing people shit on this game. Did Paradox fuck it up?

>I keep seeing people shit on this game.

If by people you mean /v/ contrarians, then my first reply would be to tell them which game they haven't shit on (except Morrowind)?

It's a good game. It's not as autistic as HoI3, but it's a hell of a lot more fluid, easier to manage and has a much better interface.

Agreed. I love the multi but the 5-6 hour games are a bit much sometimes. Nobody other than NEETs can sit around for that long so it really limits the audience that can play it.

A simplified and dumbed down version of hoi3 which still fails in nearly every aspect. If hoi3 seems too autistic then there are still hoi2 stand-standalones to choose from which manage notautism way better than hoi4.

Hoi3mods=hoi2standalones>>>>>>hoi4

>Slovenia
*sniff*

can someone explain what is with Slovenian empire memes? It's literally Finnish tier, even worse actually.

Isn't Slovenian population like 2 milion at most? How would they control so much regions?

PURE IDEOLOGY.

Cossacks
American Conquest

Both are rts games developed by GSC Game World of STALKER fame and both are awesome. I consider them two of the best rts games ever made.

Faces of War/Men of War/Assault Squad are great Real Time Tactics games about WWII. They also have an editor which is very easy to use, so you can create your own battles or scenarios.

Mount and blade with the Brytenwalda mod.

anyone know any good mods for vicky? like complete overhaul, nice little tweeks or just graphic changes (since it is really ugly if you zoom in), really just anything

>meme and feast with the boringblanda mod

Yeah nah youre a cunt

WILLY WAGGLERS ARISE!! *willy waggler rally call*!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for too long gsg has gone without a single waggle!!yes me mates it is seemest gsg has forgot how to WAGGLE their WILLIES!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST OCCUPY GSG WITH OUR SILLIEWILLIES AND TEACH THEM THE MAJESTIC ART OF THE WAGGLE ONCEDMORE!!!! are you ready boys? us wagglers have a proud history...we waggled for charles..we waggled for thatcher.....ahhh..the willy waggling haze of '87...ohh yes me mates...we waggled all the way from bristol to hai noi...me, old billy steve, me old mates gordon billy nicky and charlie..some guy named ian the clam...WE WAGGLED RECORD SPEED!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaAAAaaAAANOT MY WIILLYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BOYS!!! PREPARE FOR THE WAGGLIEST DAY OF YOUR LIVETIMES!!!

PREPARE YOUR WILLIES...
READY..
AIM...

WAAAAGLLEEE!!!!AaaaaaaaaaaAAaAANOOT MY WILLY SOMUCHWILLYPLEASURE;;))) i SIMPYL CANNNOT RELIIEEFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!1MYYYY WILLYHURTSSOMUCHYES ME MATES NNYAUAUUUGHHaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

WILLLY

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............aaaaaaahhhhhh....i cum on your face....relief ;)

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again for HPM 0.3.5.5 by Liquorlad*°
>This minimod reverts liquor production, consumption, and price values back to vanilla.
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01*°
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] - unHPM v1.5*°
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - Robmod v2.5°
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - Visegradmod v3.2°
pastebin.com/C8swKB9t

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin*°
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

* The R&I may sperg out if you download this
° Talex and his Grandi Youth may harass you if you download this

Remember that the R&I reports all posts made by or about unHPM and is prone to delete entire discussions on it because he's a petty cunt, so if you want to report bugs or suggest something, contact the mod maker at Steam.

What's with all the autistic memes in this place? I posted a game with Germany yesterday and I got swarmed by "HAHAHA GROßGERMANIUM XDDD" posts. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT A NEW PLAYER TO POST YOU FUCKING AUTISTS??

And before that I asked a simple question on how I crack the game and I again got swarmed by fucking autists with all their unfunny inside jokes. Fuck you and fuck those games, they are literally one of the most boring shit I've ever touched. Also fuck the guy in /twg/ who suggested I try out those autistic map painting simulators and "ask for guidance on the /gsg/ general and they will help you". Bunch of manchildren.

WILLY WAGGLERS ARISE!! *willy waggler rally call*!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for too long gsg has gone without a single waggle!!yes me mates it is seemest gsg has forgot how to WAGGLE their WILLIES!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST OCCUPY GSG WITH OUR SILLIEWILLIES AND TEACH THEM THE MAJESTIC ART OF THE WAGGLE ONCEDMORE!!!! are you ready boys? us wagglers have a proud history...we waggled for charles..we waggled for thatcher.....ahhh..the willy waggling haze of '87...ohh yes me mates...we waggled all the way from bristol to hai noi...me, old billy steve, me old mates gordon billy nicky and charlie..some guy named ian the clam...WE WAGGLED RECORD SPEED!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaAAAaaAAANOT MY WIILLYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BOYS!!! PREPARE FOR THE WAGGLIEST DAY OF YOUR LIVETIMES!!!

PREPARE YOUR WILLIES...
READY..
AIM...

WAAAAGLLEEE!!!!AaaaaaaaaaaAAaAANOOT MY WILLY SOMUCHWILLYPLEASURE;;))) i SIMPYL CANNNOT RELIIEEFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!1MYYYY WILLYHURTSSOMUCHYES ME MATES NNYAUAUUUGHHaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

WILLLY

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............aaaaaaahhhhhh....i cum on your face....relief ;)

The Assassin's Creed series

Like a slavic jeremy clarkson

Conquering most of the Roman Empire as Byzantium in EU4 was priceless. In Iron Man mode of course.

shit b8

>Pike and shot
>Decisive campaigns: Barbarossa
>AGEod Alea iacta est
>Kingdom Come (incoming)

Should I get Rome Toal War or Crusader Kings 2 first? Never played these types of games before.

Don't get ck2. just pirate it, unless you want to pay 200$ to make the game playable

Yeah the DLC bullshit is insane. Unfortunately my college has a way of detecting piracy. Which DLCs are the most important?

Detectin piracy ? What do you mean ? Also it depends on what you want to do, you can ignore charlameme and islam dlc if you aren't into that, probably india as well.

EU 4 and CK2 were great history games. Victoria is old and hard to play.

Also don't get sunset invasion, it legit fucks up the game if you don't know what it does.

strategy map for all total war games is trash, but the battles are fun (not very historical tho). And as was said, you will end up paying three times the price of some AAA games for text addon
hahaha where do you live?

Vicky isn't hard at all, it's probably one of the easiest of gsg if you know the basics.

In order to use my schools wi-fi I have to download a policy key. I'm pretty sure it prevents me from downloading stuff illegally.

You don't have to download it at school you know, also what a shame that /gsg/ archive got fucked.

Also it depends on what you want from the game, ck2 is medieval the sims + blobbing simulator. Total war games are just blobbing simulators with rts elements

The industry overhaul made the game worth it on its own tbqh. The AI is still shit but the core game is so much better.

The story is dumb, but the assassin's creed games are good. It's fun to just run around in revolutionary Paris or Victorian London.

you disagree?

Brytenwalda and VC aren't really that buggy. 1257 has some scene bugs but it's still one of the best M&B mods. L'Aigle is just unfinished.

Don't forget to join the official /gsg/ discord for general discussion of grand strategies:
discord.gg/rxVKN

kys
>not playing rome 2 as the happy merchants
>not having client states you levy troops from

did they get a new archive?

Nope

theres a hastebin that contains links to cs.rin forums that have all the dlc and games. downloaded the dlc for CK2 from it and my computer didn't contract anything so I believe its safe.
HPM is decent. incorporates NNM and adds a good amount of historical decisions for countries both relevant and irrelevant. T.alex's economy changes are a bit weird though.

t. grucia
whats a hastebin?

>recommending HoI IV to anyone

Even if you have good reasons to like it, don't ask anyone to payout for it until Paradox do their usual jewish DLC thing, and it all ends up cheaper in a sale a year or two down the line.

store.steampowered.com/app/236850/
store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

Also Darkest Hour is best HoI, I thought people knew this. IV is babbys first grandstrat, you can't lose no matter how much you mess things up.

>buying Darkest Hour for any reason besides Kaiserreich

Poor man's Victoria 2.

Just open it with MS Paint and have loads of fun painting the map.

I played EU4. Tragically though I died of boredom.

0AD

Though I feel like it's not a complete game.

You can conquer the entirety of Russia with little difficulty as Italy. It's a map painting game, basically. If you want a fairly easy game to get you into grand strategy, I'd recommend EU4 over HoI4 because it feels a teeeeensy bit less ridiculous when you paint the map as irrelevant one-province-nation #32214; and there's no easy to play game of the same scale that covers the same time period.

Literally no difference except you save yourself 65 dollars

Caveman2Cosmos mod for Civ 4.

Goodbye 400 hours.

unrealworld.fi/

You are a guy (or girl) in late Iron age Finland. You do your best to survive and then eat a bad mushroom and die in agonizing pain because the local healer doesn't like you and won't help you.

Or you get badly mauled fighting an animal and bleed out.

Or you freeze to death because you underestimated the cold and how hard it is to survive in winter.

There are a lot of different ways you can survive and do stuff, and it's pretty grounded, more or less. I like how the animals wander around, and will do things like hunt each other or try and steal your food and attack your animals, and stuff.

It's also incredibly fun to track an Elk for hours and hours (in game) and finally confront and kill it. Then you have to figure out what to do with all of the meat and hide and stuff. I got some good stuff trading with a lot of the Elk, but then I had to throw away quite a bit because it went bad in spite of me roasting it. I should have just traded it for arrows and assorted tools and stuff.

Or you can just download it for free. Also Victoria 2 is not a map painting simulator like EU4.

I'm playing Rome Total War and I want to play as the Suebi but I don't really know what to do with them because I want to make them into vikings and just conquer Britain but first I have to make it to the coast.

I hate everything.