cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Weeaboos with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

not rly

great engine, shit chassis

i hate living in massachusetts

As opposed to sitting in them? Here's how it works:

Think about this: when you're driving you stop paying attention to the cars that are riding alongside you. You know they're there, but you don't actually pay any attention to them. That said, this lower speed also makes you comfortable and, to an extent, complacent.

When a car passes you on the highway, you see them. They get your attention until they're in front of you, then you don't care because they're gone in the distance. Because of the higher speed and constant introduction of new obstacles to your path, you also tend to pay more attention, which helps you see that retard who can't hold their lane and adjust accordingly.

Because of this, by passing people you draw attention to yourself. However you're not being a retard like suggests, and instead are moving just fast enough to command attention without also bringing comments of "what an asshole" because you're moving faster than traffic.

I've never had a person nearly sideswipe me while doing this, but I've had about 6 instances where I was almost sideswiped doing the speed limit.

>V-Strom
>literally just an overweight SV650/1000
how bout no

5th for if you don't start off on a super sport bike you have no balls and should get a Harley, as the thick vibrations will make your vagina feel good

>Comparing Naked/Sport to ADV

Early for have a buyer looking at the bike tonight
>And test riding the fz6 tomorrow

H Y P E
Y
P
E

Also cta owns a vstorm so its a bike for gay degenarate cunts.

>ADV
aka the crossovers of motorcycles

>hey i took a SV650 and raised it a foot and made it 100 lbs heavier, now it's """""ADVENTUROUS""""

Here's how it actually works. The safest way to ride is to get distance from the cars and keep whatever speed slows you to keep that distance. If you're riding on roads that are congested enough hat you're always in someone's blind spot when maintaining traffic speed, it's way too congested to safely ride 10-15 mph faster than everyone else

Whatever speed allows you

Not slows you

Yes, I can exactly because I started on a 600 and while I'm happy with my bike I wish I could go back and get a 300.

You can't even start to scrap the limits of a 600 on public roads, how the fuck are you supposed to become a good rider?

I have no problem riding the bike safely but that's not what I want to achieve, I want to become a decent rider who can drag knee and getting to that level on a 600 is much harder, especially on public roads.
>But if everyone played it safe and did everything in fear of being hurt you wouldn't even be on your shitty 250 as bikes would undoubtedly be outlawed.
I don't understand your argument here. Aren't you contraddicting yourself?
>Get the bike you want to get
A noob doesn't know what he wants, he thinks he knows what he wants.
250/300 are cool bikes.

it's more like 5 mph faster than everyone else, or just be in the fast lane

>.t non """""ADVENTUROUS""""

Mass resident here. Honestly fuck this weather we were doing so good in feb and right when it's actually supposed to get warm it's back to this cold icy salty garbage. Fuck this shit I'm moving cross country at the end of summer

sorry but i like riding bikes that can actually ride on dirt, not just pretend like they do

>t. manlet who weighs 50kg soaking wet (and I'm not talking about your vagina)

What's it like not being able to flat foot a grom?

If you're in congestion that doesn't allow it you should be either lanesplitting or holding a line that ensures you aren't going to get rear-ended while allowing you an exit strategy. This is shit they teach in rider courses.

In fact, apparently some euro countries also teach that on a bike it's safer to be moving faster than traffic still. It used to be taught in America as well.

>10-15mph
I said 5-10mph. No retard says you should be flying past traffic doing 20 over the speed limit and claiming it's safe.

>keep distance from cars
Passing them at a gentle pace IS keeping distance. It minimizes the time you're in their blindspot, and keeps traffic racers from trying to squeeze by you to get ahead.

>250/300 arent cool bikes.

fixd that for ya

I know ADV isn`t as good as a dirt bike on the dirt, thats why I have a dirt bike.

Still I also know, that after all these years nothing has been better for me than an ADV bike for daily highway commute over long distances.

how many locks and chains do you guys use when street parking?

im getting a cover, disclock and kryptonite chain. will it be enough to deter most thieves?

except a regular sport tourer that isn't needlessly pigfat

>daily highway commute over long distances.

Upvoted. I don't like ADV bikes because of their ability (or not) to go offroad. I buy them for comfort and ability to chew up hours of road with a pillion.

>I have a motorcycle so I know what everyone else wants

You spend too much time on dbt. You do realize the absolute majority of people who buy sport bikes do so because they think they will look cool on it or because they think they are cool bikes? Sure you will probably develop faster and be a better rider in all aspects starting on a 250/300 but the majority of people don't need to be the next Moto gp racer. They want to get the bike they like and learn how to ride it. Just because you own and ride a bike doesn't mean you are the end all be all for rider knowledge. Most people don't sit around on dbt shitposting for three years before finally getting a 250. People want a bike and go buy it with the money they've earned, they enjoy their bike and riding it, and could give a shit about what you think is best for them.

if your bike is nice enough for thieves to bother with breaking through a disc lock, it's probably too nice to park on the street

unless it's a supermoto or something light where they can just pick it up and throw it in a truck, then i'd chain the rim through the frame

nigga you gay

this is why ill never own a harley xr1200 (only decent harley imo)

high nineties hp? ok

550 lbs wet weight on a sport(y) bike? def fail

why would I want a bike to weigh more than it has to?

it serves no purpose, america isnt infested with shitty dirt roads full of potholes anymore

all that extra metal is a waste

adventure bikes are what soccer moms would ride if they got motorcycles

>lanesplitting
Not everyone is from California.

Sometimes other people don't want to go fast but just enjoy the feeling of riding a motorcycle.

>It used to be taught in America as well.
still is. or at least was in october

>I buy them for comfort and ability to chew up hours of road with a pillion.
you know you want to

Barring highway/unrestricted A-road traffic, even a 4-stroke 125 is sufficient to keep up safely with traffic. It;s sure as hell not EASY, you need to manage your availalble momentum budget and pre-plan your intended route and possible escape-routes as you ride, and watch the road ahead to figure out where you can go (e.g. if there's a steep hill, you better be preparing your run-up well in advance).

Which is rather the point of riding a 125 for a bit before switching up to something larger and more capable: you're forced to observe and plan out of necessity, whereas starting with a larger bike can breed lazyness and complacency. Plus, for the inevitable handling screwups that you're going to make, a 125 is far less punishing (e.g. easy to support with one leg if you overbalance while stationary, easy to lift after a drop even if it lands on you, etc).

Sure, I wouldn't want to go back to 125cc now I have 800, but I don't regret for a minute riding that 125 to start.

sucks for them

>not wanting to go fast

you make no sense

thats like trying to conserve your cocaine, pointless

Then pick one of the lines between cars and sit on it in traffic. It's what I do when I'm not splitting. That way at least you're safer than being sandwiched between cars.

how are you about to talk about learner bikes and the safest route to go when your end goal is to be able to drag knee on public roads? Go to a racetrack you retarded faggot any new rider jumping on a supersport is far safer than the wannabe racer riding on public roads

Hmm... which one would be more comfortable to sit on all day especially with a pillion.

really makes you think

>gee i sure am glad i bought an adventure bike to ride on this flat pavement

>he can't have fun through the pure joy of riding itself

I feel sorry for you user. I'd get just as much enjoyment out of riding a grom as I would an S1000RR

it really doesnt though

we enjoy our relatively sane politicians, low taxes and lack of insane libtards

enjoy your state reverting back to its natural landscape, a desert

If it is question of speed get a Sport then, not a Sportish crossover.
All Sport tourers are universally more expensive and any ADV bikes for slightly better handling and no more comfort.

Yeah, buddy I can`t imagine the back pains of ride a full hour one way, with a heavy ass pack, on anything else.

People might say side boxes and top box, but I am poor and they would cost half as much as my KLR 650.

Depends on your body. My VFR is super comfy, but more than a few minutes on something upright is just outright unpleasant.

>1 hour ride
>Back pain
What kind of fucking geratric emaciated faggot are you? I ride a supersport and my lower back doesn't even start to feel uncomfortable until at least 3 hours in.

How and what angle the pegs are located and how wide and shape of the tank make a big dif.

My yamaha rd 400 had an upright riding position and a wide padded seat but the tank and pegs were spaced much too far apart.

>every person has the same body as me

you're showing your naivety moron.

Not like I bought it for off roading.

Do it with 20 kilos of work shit, twice a day for years and it gets old mate.

I will chain the frame to a structural metal pole,

I thought they just removed the wheel/disc instead of removing the disklock.

Done it. Not that bad. Just throw it in a backpack and tighten it up right and you won't have issues.

Supersport rider here. Everyone's different you retarded fag. For me it's an hour and a half to 2 hours for me to get uncomfortable. After a quick rest I'm back up but for significantly less time. After 5 or so hours riding no amount of break time will make getting back in my bike feel good for my back and or ass

I've casually don't coke, it was ok.

But I like farting along on a bike sometimes and just not with about a rush

>Barring highway/unrestricted A-road traffic
yeah

>leaving out chuckwalla and auto club speedway

110% correct

>not that bad
Can you really blame someone for wanting to make their motorcycle experience a little better than 'not that bad'?

Yeah seriously. I don't know why I am still surprised at the bullshit retarded cunts on /dbt/ spew.

>everyone should ride a CBR1000... no matter what their riding goals are... because umm... hurrr they're fast.... even though I ride a ninja 250 and can't even ride that at 10/10ths

As I said they only think they know what they want.

As always, ignorants aren't allowed to have opinions. That's why limited licenses should be a thing everywhere. Just not like in the EU.
You don't even need to speed to drag knee, let alone ride dangerously, imbecile.
>any new rider jumping on a supersport is far safer than the wannabe racer riding on public roads
No sane person whould ever think this, especially if you equate simply dragging knee with a "wannabe racer". Christ you're retarded.

Daily reminder that REAL MOTORCYCLING™ is exclusively low speed control.

Anyone that goes faster than 75mph on a motorcycle is not a real motorcyclist and should. No one should ride any motorcycles with more than 50hp and everyone should wear a textile oversuit, knee pads, neck condom, leg condoms, elbow pads, elbow condoms, helmet and head condom, full elbow length gloves with integrated glove condom, boots, boot condoms, chest protector, chest condom, etc. or you're not a REAL MOTORCYCLIST™ and in a crash your shitty leather and CE padding will explode compared to my impenetrable textile armor that I wear to political rallies and beat people up in.

I never ridden a Sport but I would like to have one, one day maybe.

What I can say, if I had a car or a nothing form of transport say another bike. I wouldnt mind taking a sport to work now and then.

But I only have ADV and I can say it is very practical to get around on it.

Yeah, thats why the first bike I was gotten was an XT-350. It sort of rode alright on the highway(very slow, or the engine would last), but it tower and traffic was were it shined. I managed everything on that shitty bike.

It`s why I upgraded to a bigger thumped with the KLR-650. Same practical nature, with a bullet proof engine.

I wouldn't mind a Sport if I got one for free, but I can`t afford it nor compromise on what I have now to get one.
>it is nice to go fast now and then

I wont need a condom(s), if I am going to die a virgin.

This guys still trying. Rossi jr over here get over it no one is going to listen to the wannabe racer about rider safety.

Yeah no

Commie bullshit like tiered licensing is pure fail

I dont need a nanny state government to tell me what I can or cant do and hold my hand im a grown ass man

I can figure it out on my own

keckled

>beginner pilots should be able to jump at the controls of a dreamliner

That guy is so cucked he doesn't know what to do with a little freedom

Glad were on the same page finally

That wasnt so hard now was it?

Unironically the VFR because you have no seat back.

I have full coverage on all my bikes and dont lock them up at all.

I park them in the garage and I park them right in front of my office.

Doubt someone will steal them and if they do I'll just buy another one.

>motorcycle licensing and passenger airplane licensing should be the same process

Maybe someday you'll graduate from special ed.

>xr1200
Imagine if Indian made an XR1200 style bike with their Scout motor and a cast aluminum frame,

wew lad

>you can't kill yourself or others on a motorcycle

kill yourself

ikr

its like eurofags are at a loss if theres a task that isnt already fully laid out in miles of red tape rules and regulations

damnit theres no bullshit guide to tell me how to do this from beginning to end wtf do I do?

That map forgot Chuckwalla, Fontana Autoclub, and Irwindale Speedway.

Getting insurance to compensate you for a stolen motorcycle is a lengthy and painstaking process. Getting insurance companies to actually do anything you pay them to do is a lengthy and painstaking process.

If you ever get your bike stolen you would never leave it unlocked again. Luckily for you you prob don't live in niggerville and it's very unlikely people will steal your shit.

That being said I used to leave my helmet on my bike until someone stole it. Was a nice populated area too right next to a state police barracks.

That's fair in a sense but it's also why classifieds are full of 600s and 1000s bought new in 2009 with 1000km because "I swear I don't have time to ride it, really"

So I had a BMW g650 xmoto that got stolen by some cretin. Loved the bike so much I want to stay with BMW, handling was impeccable, build quality was brilliant, lacked a bit in top speed, engine paint was shit but it was beyond reliable. The money is coming through soon so I am thinking of getting something bigger for around the £4500 mark. Don't want a crotch rocket as I'm 6ft 5 but I'm 24 so I still want something that is drastically going to reduce my life expectancy. I have been looking at these BMW r1200s, has Antony had one/ridden one and any other suggestions as to which bike I should get?

>Shitty Cessna capacity; 2 or 4
>Big ass plane capacity; 240+-
Made me think senpai.

A better example would be that bus drivers need special licences verses car drivers.

When is the last time you heard of anyone on a motorcycle killing anyone but themself in a crash?

Never is the answer to that question btw.

Someone who types that load of steaming crap clearly needs someone else more experienced to tell him what he can or cannot do.
Neither do you.
It's not about safety, I couldn't care less about an imbecile's safety.
It's about the principle to always make educated choises. If you don't, you're stupid/ignorant and shouldn't be allowed to decide for yourself. Simple.
In the end, when it comes to motorcycles, starting on a liter is always wrong and a 600 is wrong, even though it's not dangerous if you aren't retarded.

>having shit insurance companies

I've had a vehicle stolen before. It's really not that big of a deal. Had GAP insurance on it too.

If you pay for the correct coverage and you get a police report about the stolen bike there is no way they can not hold up their obligation to pay.

If they tried to fight you on it you need to sue then switch to a better company.

Who said anything about the plane having passengers.

scout motor is still too pigfat

try again

What?
Watch costantinos' compilations and you'll see plenty of dead pedestrians/bystanders.

Were you born a spine/brainless homosexual or indoctrinated into it?

less pigfat than the sportster motor. Not talking about building a supersport bike here. Just a reasonable weight bike with good power and a mountain of torque.

A Scout/Octane powered standard with good looks and sub-500lb curb weight would be awesome. I'm sure they could easily chop 60 or so pounds off the Scout and fit it with decent suspension/geometry.

That's still an outrageously retarded comparison. Someone on a 250 can also easily get killed or kill someone else let's just ban all motorcycles all together to get at the source of the problem. Instead of increased information about motorcycles to new riders, let's make them jump through hoops and cuck them eternally

It's always this faggot. I'm so tired of your redneck stupidity.
>hurr you no man enough durr

anything over 450 lbs curb weight they may as well not even bother

I sincerely hope you don't share the same roads as me with your shitty attitude towards rider safety.

Because everyone has time to spend thousands in court battling a well funded team of lawyers over a few thousand dollar bike

450ish pounds is on the high side of what a literbike weighs. Don't be unreasonable.

Sub 500lbs for a cruiser motored standard is perfectly acceptable.

wanting to hide behind useless rules and regulations formulated by politicians somehow even less intelligent than you doesnt make it any less gay

>Irwindale Speedway
never heard of this one, they do bike track days there?

Those who live on hope alone, die starving.

>implying this is a bad thing

>he has never seen a bike go straight through the side of a car because they are narrower than the doors

>implying there is anything to fight

You have a contract. They are not holding up their obligations. It would be a cake walk for even a mediocre lawyer.

Insurance companies aren't going to spend a shit load on a defense and court costs either. They'll just offer a settlement immediately if you make it clear you intend to sue.

It is if you want the industry to sell enough new bikes and gear to invest in R&D and getting the government to make laws in favour of motorcyclists.

Who pilots a Boeing Dreamliner without passengers? Absolutely nobody. Do you know anybody who does? No you don't because it doesn't happen. It's not like people just go out and buy personal dream liners it is assumed.

what kind of shit tier 3rd world hell hole do you live in, taiwan?

are cars constructed of cardboard there, here in the states we use steel

a bike would need to be going a ludicrous speed to go THROUGH a car

I think they mostly do drift days/Gymkhana anymore.

Honest question... do you have autism?

Guy I used to work with was killed recently while driving.

He pulled out in front of a bike that was hauling ass racing his buddy and the bike went through the door. Killed him instantly and seriously injured his wife.

He was driving a new-ish Camry.