/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>The actual OTP of Dark Souls 3
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0t4rEZ63DaU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pleb

2nd for Pardoners in TRC

First for

OUR BOY
U
R

B
O
Y

only the male dragonform has deer antlers

fuck off

this is now a dragon thread

so who wants to bet that the archdragon head greatshield does literally nothing for the dragon form and it will be left as is for all eternity?

>we really need a stone armour that only works wit dragon form

>we really need it to count as armor so you dont take way more damage than everyone else

there are people in /dsg/ who actually think this is a darkwraith enemy
there are people who don't realize this is armor for dragons

right, the female has antelope antlers instead

Wow that one isn't bad somehow. The other one that's posted all the time is shit.

nameless, accursed fc

i hope we can get his sword
in flame form that is

Dragon armor stone when

Thanks, I've been looking for this screenshot.

if by antelope antlers you mean 'the most generic horn style most western style dragons have' then yes

emaciated
antelope
corpse

Havel's.

maybe because it has a freaking veiled skull for a head and not a dragon head or even a dragon skull?

DELETE THIS

WOODEN
CLOACA

There's no skull under that hood, you can clearly see it's a snout.

It's clearly designed to resemble darkwraith armor, but when you get down to the details you can see how everything about it that resembles the darkwraith set is twisted to be draconic instead.

If you were to ask a guy with an arts degree what the armor is trying to convey overall, he'd point out that the darkwraith's skeletal appearance is meant to suggest the inner nature of humanity exposed, and that this draconic armor set's similarity to it is referencing how humans can become dragons. It's actually very well done overall.

N-not that I wasted time on an arts degree or anything.

>needs 4 (FOUR) people to down the pontiff
>didn't even actually kill him, just set his plans back a bit
L M A O
M
A
O

>even twitch tier memester survived against this boss

>the darkwraith's skeletal appearance is meant to suggest the inner nature of humanity exposed
Should clarify, there's two different kinds of skeletons in art. A thin skeleton like the grim reaper represents death, whereas bones on the outside such as a skull mask and ribcage breastplate suggest the darker nature of humanity is on display. It's a "skeletons in your closet come out to play" sort of deal.

>There's no skull under that hood

nigga I'ma let you finish but what

>can't sometimes open up the game again after minimizing it
Is this just on my end or has From taken a stance on minimizing games over the time I was away?

The "failure to exit game properly" or whatever screen scares me each time I see it.

That's the lighting. Look at the bridge of the nose and the jawline. You can see the "bridge" goes way the fuck higher up the face than it's supposed to be, and the "jaw" distends way farther down than it ought to. Also, it's brown instead of white.

If that's a skull, then it's a dragon's skull and not a human one.

>legs

>people fail to realize that snakes were part of the illusion

What will you pontiffposters say when Pontiff doesn't come up in the second DLC?

Why doesn't your character hollow by default in DS3?

Because you're an Unkindled, a special Undead brought back for a special purpose.

except it's head is human shaped and any 'snout' isn't even long enough to be see poking out of the hood when viewed from the side.

trust me I want to believe but that is pretty clearly a skull, not to mention there is no elongated neck which has been a staple of the dragonform design throughout the games.

Because you're an ashen one, which is a different kind of undead. Ashen ones are what's leftover after someone tried to link the fire but wasn't good enough for it. Ash doesn't hollow, and the Ashen/FP flasks are specific to them.

because he's a double undead so they went full circle and became pretty again

Is there any way of seeing how many sunlight medals you've turned in?

>he hasn't seen the leaks

Prepare yourself.

?

You can probably use CE for that.

But thet's cheating, which is bad.
Is there a way that isn't bad?

>born in Painted World
>been there and done that; time to leave
>befriend god eating sludge and take over the world

Yeah, he's our boy

Reading character info doesn't trigger anything, because you're no changing any data. You can't do that by in-game means.

>Gwyndolin, all too aware of his repulsive,
frail appearance, created the illusion of
a sister Gwynevere, who helps him guard
over Anor Londo
he considers them disgusting, why would he choose to have them?

Need a name for char. that is gonna either wear heavy equipment or quick roll.
(I know the viability of both, no need to point it out)

You can't see the neck because of the hood, so there's no way to tell how long it is. When the player character is in dragon form in Dark Souls 3, their head isn't actually any higher up than it'd normally be because the neck curves over. It was in DaS1, but that's also why DaS1 dragons drank estus with their necks instead of their faces. So, any helmet on the dragonform would be at the same height as it would on a human form.

There is nothing human shaped about that head. Maybe it's something you can only see if you draw faces a lot and get a general feel for anatomy, but the proportions on it are all wrong. The nose and jaw stick out too far, the cheekbones are too narrow, that stuff. It only looks like it doesn't poke out from the hood because the hood extends a good six inches forward of where a normal human face would stop.

Jim

Actually, I'll just show you what I'm talking about.

Billy

That's too bad. Not a big deal though.

I give up, I can't beat dancer with just the greatsword. What sword can I use to mimic the silver knight sword?

if it's human shaped, the chin is extremely long

I'm half expecting The Ringed City to reveal that Gwyn was more of a "good" guy then we think.

We know he gave the city to the pygmies, and even left his daughter with them. Must be a pretty good reason behind that.

Though he was supposed to return for her when the time came, whatever that means. Man March 28th can't come quick enough.

>when you consume too many souls

the closest thing you can find is the darksword and that's still quite different

meant greatbow, I'm retarded.
i'm pretty sure any other straight sword would look more like a silver knight straight sword than a dark sword.

>horns are clearly part of the shoulder armor

One of those frozen outrider knight swords

I was talking about the moveset. For looks, probably Lothric Knight

>get summoned for boss
>do everything myself
I feel like I've cheated my host out of the experience.

Wasn't pointing at the shoulder armor. You can clearly see the hood being poked by a horn underneath. It's even in the same place that the player's dragon horns would be.

I'll usually at least let them get the last hit in, unless they're getting completely hammered and at risk of death.

w-why not, from?

They wouldn't have summoned you if that wasn't what they wanted.

The lothric one looks similar enough, thanks.

Daily reminder that the Jew serpents got what was coming

If I get people that summon me then hide in a corner away from the boss I usually crystal out or hide next to them

who /swaptofistweaponsforvisceralattacksjustforthatbriefbloodbornefeel/ here?

I never understood why BB does that, besides a convenient way to avoid having to make a bunch of separate animations for it.

I hope this gets expanded on in the DLC

most retarted fan theory of all soul history. those sisters work for them not secretly scheming behind their backs.

I made a thingy, working on a little demon's inspired scene

youtube.com/watch?v=0t4rEZ63DaU&feature=youtu.be

little taste of a neverever next gen demon's remake/sequel I guess

Also give me my fucking DBS rolling R1 back

Doubt they're 2 of the 3 sisters.

Something else.

>hollows
>serpents coming out of the ground
>2 giants killing them

Because when you look really closely at the hand during it, you can see it slightly turns into a claw. Might be why it's referred to as one of the darker hunter techniques.

Is usurping the fire the evil ending?

Me too, but some hosts are just too passive even when the boss is almost dead.
I would, but I want the medals.

Yes, don't fall for the jew jerpents

>basically end of fire ending except you take all the power from the fading flame to use for yourself in the soon to be human dominated world
how can it be evil

>actually doing what le habby serpents and Yuria want

Billy it is

>in the soon to be human dominated world

I don't get this meme.

Humans dominate the world ever since at least Dark Souls 2

isn't usurpation of fire the one where you curbstomp the fire keeper
the one where you do what yuria and the kike snakes want is the lord of hollows ending, right?

name him Uncle Billy

Shit you're right, sorry

>curbstomp the fire keeper
That only happens in the end of fire ending, and only if you kill her before the credits roll. Usurpation of fire doesn't feature the firekeeper at all.

Kek, please let it be a thing.

man this is confusing
the wiki says usurpation of fire features yuria & co. but the steam achievements say that's the lord of hollows ending
in any case, the firekeeper stomp one is the one I was referring to

What was wrong with DaS1's dragon form? The fact that it drank shit through its neck?

Maybe the better option than fucking destroying the design would be to add some new animations for dragon form.

Usurpation is the lord of hollows one.

You have link the fire, end the fire, usurp the fire(lord of hollows) and a 4th nameless amazing ending

okey dokey

>What was wrong with DaS1's dragon form?

it was too good for this world

No poise and bad defenses

What's a good fashion for a Crusader? in all 3 games

>4th nameless amazing ending
my melanin enriched brother

Usurpation of fire requires becoming the lord of hollows, and they both refer to the same thing.

Firekeeper stomp is end of fire, but it's an optional version of it and getting that version doesn't actually net you the trophy.

Whether it's good or not is... iffy. The age of dark is a temporary state, and fire will appear again at some point. The question is whether you think there's anything left in the world that's worth keeping, or if it's better to trash the whole thing and get a new one. AoA's DLC goes more in depth on it.

Well I mean from a design standpoint, we all know it was pretty shit for gameplay. Though I thought just having the dragon head was useful sometimes as a pure caster and not wanting to spend spells on little shit.