Is this car a shitbox? Help

Went to look a 98 Celica ZR as a potential first car today, but I don't know that much about the maintenance/mechanical side of cars. Took a few photos of the engine bay and underbody, can anyone tell me if this looks alright? Or should I avoid? I'm prepared to do some work on the car myself if it's cheaper and easier.

Pic 1/?

Looks like flood damage.

pic 2/?

do you mean the rusty part? (don't know the name of the part). Is that going to affect the car badly or is it treatable do you reckon?

pic 3/?

pic 4/?

pic 5/?

I did notice a bit of rust on the tip of the exhaust, I don't know if that's anything too serious or not though?

pic 6/?

pic 7/?

It was raining today when I inspected it, so the moisture may be due to that.

final pic

I own a 95 celica. This one looks fucking mint compared to mine

that's a good sign I guess. The dude that's selling it is a mechanic and said it was his son's, so hopefully it's been maintained well. He had a logbook at least.

Why would you want such a chick car?

>implying

Because I can't afford anything much more expensive at this point. And i really like the look too.

Implying the street car is anything like that.

Is it manual at least?

Yeah, it's manual. I'm not looking at buying an auto at all

Ok

A gt4 would be nice if I could afford it haha

Looks really good

thanks

Don't know where you are but that one has the 5sfe. Very solid engine. Decent torque and fuel economy. Only common problem with these is the power steering lines like to leak.

Looks clean af op buy it

I'm in NSW, Australia. Thanks for the advice man, I've booked a professional inspection on the car just to be safe.

I think I read somewhere that it has the same engine as the camry too? If so I'd imagine it's fairly reliable