Best way to keep both wheels spinning?

I have a friend with a 96 ranger, 4x2, I4 (5-speed), that wants both rear wheels to have traction. So that if you're stuck in the mud it won't just be one wheel spinning. Any recommendations on ways to alter the vehicle/differential so that both wheels will spin in the mud instead of only one?

Other urls found in this thread:

fordrangerforum.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Locker

Throw in a factory track-loc carrier. Probably a 28 spline 8.8

Or nigger it up and weld the spiders

Do you not know what an LSD is?

that's not what he needs though

A trac-lok is a LSD diff though, and its the cheapest option he has of doing what he wants.

Ask around here fordrangerforum.com/

That's definitely a good site for rangers, one of the largest I believe.

For the time being, load up the handbrake. You'd be surprised how well this works.

LSD, spool, booger weld differential

Welded diff

How about not being a retard and driving in the fucking mud? Gross

Be a man and welding your dif

weld my diff bb

Torsen>all.
>No ratcheting in corners like you get with an auto locker
>Doesn't need oil additives like a CLSD
>Doesn't take 20 years to kick in like a spool
>Works like a normal open diff when you don't need it
>Doesn't require any ancillary components like an air locker, nor does it require you to sell your child to get one

This. At least companies like Mitsubishi had the foresight to equip them as standard factory equipment.

He's got land that needs work with some of the terrain being muddy after the rain. Some ppl actually have legitimate off road needs.

>Torsen
>96 ranger
kek his diff would be worth more than his truck.

Yes, and?

>Doesn't take 20 years to kick in like a spool
wat

weld it

ignore this shitpost

Thats what I was was going to say, just weld the fucker

Are there any downsides to welding it, like turning ability?

>Probably a 28 spline 8.8
Piece of shit diff with twiggy axles. Your friend should sell that thing and get a Suburban. With a few simple mods like a complete rear end swap out of a 1 ton GM truck and a front end swap out if a Ford you can have something that's better than a Ford Ranger.

tire wear will be more aggressive, you'll get plenty of wheel hop at low speeds and might notice some instability during poor road conditions

Then he should've bought a proper 4x4. And what dumbfuck, other than some dealer salesfucker actually uses "4x2" to describe his drive train?