Barge thread? Barge thread

Barge thread? Barge thread.

Driving cross country, MI to FL in my Mercury. Stopped in Forsyth GA for the night, who else got to do the Indy to Atlanta grind? Pic related, out in Tennessee.

>70 and no salt on the roads a few weeks ago
>now there's 2 feet of snow

Fucking spring.

What's a comfy, reliable barge with decent highway mpg (over 20), for under 3k? I see a couple nice GMs, but they're all black with black leather and untinted windows. Have a hard time getting over the crown vic stigma, and B-bodies are all nigged.

What did you do to the car to prepare? I'm thinking of doing a trip and I don't want to get raped by a broken fuel pump or some thing halfway through the trip

Spring my ass! This doesn't look like fucking spring to me, other than me springing my back out from shoveling all this powdery fucking bullshit!

Look harder.

Seriously, that's basically your only option. Unless you want to go back to the 80's and beyond, Panthers and B-bodies are basically your only choices and it basically comes down to whether you like the blue oval or the bowtie more. Surprising that the Marquis around you are all black on black, though, most of them that I've seen are always lighter colors with cloth interiors and if it's got leather it's tan or grey. Then again, there's basically zero B-bodies for sale on my local CL and a single one under $3k and it's on 20 inch wheels.

Not sure if you'll find a good Town Car for under three grand, but it might be worth a glance- just remember they've got less directly interchangeable parts than the Victoria and Marquis twins.

I know that fireworks store...

The US sure looks comfy to just cruise around in. I drive a supreme gentleman e92 and its already huge for my europoor country standards. I cant even drive in alot of streets when there is a car coming in the opposite direction because there is no room to pass.
Im planning on visiting the usa this year and I look forward to drive on your long highways when the sun is setting

Ford Panther platform...duh.

Still lovin' my barge.

Or a real boat car.

My barge of love, happiness ane comfy.
Going on a 600km trip tomorrow, had her filled to the brim with the best premium fuel.

Japanese γƒœγƒΌγƒˆ

Why are LS400 owners such big fans of objectivism?

Because they drive rand barges.

Premium fuel is a meme

"shrug"

standard 95 octane over here is 10% ethanol which ruins fuel pumps apparently.
98 octane "premium" is mostly normal petrol.

My JDM tyte barge

i feel weird seeing a RHD Lexus. I thought they would just sell them as Toyotas in Shitpost Land

ATLANTA G-A
BY THE END OF THE DAY
IM WELL AWAY
THATS WHAT I SAY

How reliable is it driving an 80s car like that i want to get something like that for my next car

your best bet for an under 3k barge are panthers, (Vics/Grand Marqs/Town Cars) and GM B-Bodies, particularly something like the early 90's Caprice, or a mid 90's-mid 00's Buick like a Park Avenue or Lesabre.

GM G-Body (and it's cousins K, C and H) might be up your alley too, if you dont mind FWD. Something like a Buick Rivera or a mid-late 90's Cadillac DeVille

> powdery
lucky bastard, over here we got sleet with our snow.

everything is fucking frozen

I chuckled, user. I chuckled. have a (you)

If its the 6cyl enjoy your blown head gasket because lel aluminum headers that warp under heat.

Not that bad if you get something built well and easy to wrench. My car is neither of those things.

2006 Buick allure a land barge made when they were already outdated. Either way absolute legend to me mainly because its a rolling couch

Forgot the pic.

Drove from Vegas to Phoenix and back in my Town Car recently. Rather enjoyable to drive long distances, I love the roomy feel for putting on cruise control and moving my legs around.

>crown vic
>6cyl
???

Mine
She runs a little rough, has some rust but goddamn I love it to death

wisconsin to vegas in my 04 grand marquis, a bit low on power up those mountains, cheated death and the law flying down them though.

If it's premium with ethanol, then yes.

Noice, woody wagons give me a woody.

>a bit low on power up those mountains
Because of the elevation or do you mean the uphills themselves? If it's the latter did you remember to turn off overdrive? If there's one thing Panthers love doing it's spending an entire uphill trek searching between third and fourth gear and stopping you from putting any power down.

>that
>land barge