/twg/ - Total War General

What was his problem? Edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797350915
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?741561-Endless-War-campaign-gameplay-overhaul-(new-preview-24-12-2016)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for vampire masterrace

Mannlet completely, definitively and absolutely blown the fuck out

>arrow2555 : Ally with the other VC and rule hand in hand

Holy shit is this the level of cancer tw reddit is on?

better than being a cancerous map painter

>no mama Isa edition

Rip main vampire count faction.

I guess you could just confederate with the new faction to get all the LLs. Also a walled city might be more of a attractive starting position

Serves him right for destroying Warhammer world.

vamps can't confederate

Hey arrow2555 sorry for making fun of you

They can now. The source is in the video comments.

>tfw I will confederate with Schwarthafen and Mannfred will eternally cuck Vlad every night :^)

mods bby

SHUT UP MAIN VAMPS ARE CLEARLY SUPERIOR, YOU HAVE:

Mannlet and his wifebeater
Kemmler the shitties lord in the game and
Helman Ghorst the literal who

>i dont wanna be friends

BUT THE BLORG

>Vlad speaks on the diplomacy screen
Thank goodness.

i-it's fine. just d-don't dox me

that's a nice touch actually. gg CA

GETCHO ASS BACK TO YOUR ROOM, MANNY

So apparently tuning in to a stream on Saturday helps to win MWNL. Okay then.

and even then Kemmler should move to Mouselion once Red Baron comes out, since he mostly operates in Bretonnia

Killed a few birds in one stone with this dlc. Hopefully it will end up as free.

Someone in chat said that Grace confirmed that Vamps can now confederate with each other.
Did anyone else catch that? I accidently closed the tab so can't screenshot

>the Vlad & Isabella campaign in a nutshell

>Kemmler the shitties lord in the game and

That's not how you spell "Gelt"

Kemmler gets access to the best lore in the game.

That's not groovy

When is Sarthorael gonna be playable

what's wrong with Gelt?

MARAUDERS wrong game
A
R
A
U
D
E
R
S

>tfw you recieve the bloodkiss from Vlad and are welcomed into the family

I seriously don't understand why they haven't bufed Kemmler yet.
Just make him twice as powefull as normal necromancers

with Deamons of chaos DLC factions probably

Shit lore, nothing special aside from his items. Basically just a wizard with the lore of metal.

Jesus christ that's so fucking gay

Casts from the worst lore of Magic in the game by a wide margin.

Is just as shit in combat as Kemmler, with the possible exception being able to beat out footslogging lords by cycle charging on his pegasus.

what is wrong with Metal? legitimate question, I'm new

solid damage, good buffs/debuffs, armywide armor piercing... what's not to like?

also, his voice acting is cool

I'd love Gotrek to be a dwarven lord/hero w/e, but he'd probably be too OP.

I haven't played for a few months. Have they made it so when you confederate with a faction with a LL you can rechoose his level up skills?
I hate getting Grimgor from the ai and having him invested in fucking campaign stuff

They're not gonna make us pay for this Isabella shit, right?

nah, he should be a special event when playing Skaven.

The buffs are decent, but not the damage spells(unless you use mods, then searing doom is really useful).

>solid damage

No, it's really not

Leaving aside the fact that damage spells underperform as a rule, Gelt's damage spells are still particularly pathetic.

>good buffs/debuffs

The minus armor buff is single target and not nearly effective enough, Transmutation of Lead is genuinely a good spell and the only thing the lore is good for

>armywide armor piercing

It only increases the army piercing damage of the army by a percentage, meaning that most units will get 0-2 extra AP damage

fuck yeah medieval 1

>It only increases the army piercing damage of the army by a percentage, meaning that most units will get 0-2 extra AP damage
not him but I had no idea of this. Holy shit that's patethic

b-but... I'm running a campaign as Gelt... oh well. I guess I should feel good kicking ass as underdog.

Lore of metal should have a zone spell that lower armors slighly and cause damages equal to the units armor.

??

Gelt has amazing campaign and quest buffs. I think having him in a province with some other things mena you can recruit level 13 Wizards

But he's my highest-level combat lord! I can't just park him in a province.

Also, the whole point of picking him was to have a wizard lord and not having to waste money and army slot for a hero wizard until it's late in the game. Oh well.

> I think having him in a province with some other things mena you can recruit level 13 Wizards

Yeah that one is pretty good.

Gelts campaign is still a lot of fun desu, he was my first campaign and I had a blast.

His quest battles are great and he has a lot of them and his voice acting is based as hell.

You don't NEED to have the best of the best guy leading your stuff, he's perfectly capable of carrying you to a win.

My hand hovers close to my blade

utter your demand before I RAISE IT

great. thanks.

Next historical total war when?

FUCKING KEK

The guy on stream thought a vampress hero was Isabella.

After Ancient Empires

Can i make different accounts for Make War Not Love and select every faction so i will be 100% sure that i win every challenge and get everything for free?

Feb 28th.

DOES THAT MEANS NEVER?

that bow animation is dreadful

how does such a massive flyer hove in place, beating wings so slow? ain't you gotta be very light and beat wings very fast to hover in place?

I made 2 :^)

>telling Grace to get her a coke
ABSOLUTE SHITLORD

>lol look at that bald loser mannfred

mannlet btfo

I doubt making an eagle-lion flap its wings 200 times a second would look good, and with an absence of real life megafauna with the ability to hover, I think this is the best we can offer

>We are making progress and getting close to the first release.

Get on with it.

can't wait to recreate Agincourt

Horde Azhag? Aw yis

just pick a color dude

Dem frames per second.

kek

>schwartzhafen ceases to exist

kek

Even more kekly is the fact that Mousillon and the Red Duke will probably still be the "New Lord" mentioned on the FLC, meaning that even when Toddbringer gets released the Vamps will have 6 lords and three alternate starts while the empire will only have four lords and two starts

>But he's my highest-level combat lord! I can't just park him in a province.
well I don't either. I use him as a combat lord anyway cause it's fun. Just swing by your wizard recruting province with gelt whenever you need more wizards. I have like 20 of those agents all superleveled right now

>heeeeeeyyy guys what's going on this is prince of courland bringing in you an EPIC BATTLE

I laughed

This dude is very sympathetic. I like him. I hope he goes on Veeky Forums and reads this. I like you dude

>This dude is very sympathetic
>I hope he goes on Veeky Forums
user....

is dogbert /ourguy/?

Is there any way to get the new campaign maps into a pre-existing campaign? Please don't tell me I have to restart.

Yes

I'm very sympathetic and I go on Veeky Forums

Playing Vlad as your starting LL feels cheap. Anyone else feel like this? Blood Knights are so fucking strong, and it makes no sense in the lord for him and mannfred to be allies

fuck off normie

yeah I was just memeing

>von Carstein capital doesn't move from schwartzhaven to drakenhof when you capture it
DROPPED

>and it makes no sense in the lord for him and mannfred to be allies

Well that is changed now if you have been watching the stream or the new update video.

>and it makes no sense in the lord for him and mannfred to be allies
well now you don't have to. Thye're different factions so you can kill Mannfred if you want to

Horde Kemmlar too.

That's why they are splitting vc factions you flamboyant faggot

yeah but i wanna play vlad now

You can recruit him(and maybe choose to start with him) right at the start.

yes if you pick Isabellas faction you can recruit Vlad from the start

Why can CA not do something that modders can easily?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=797350915

That's his point, playing Vlad at the start feels cheap since he's so powerful, but he'd like to eventually unlock him as you usually would playing Mannlet or the literal whos

>This is a startpos mod, so is incompatible with any other mods that modify the startpos.esf file

Rip.

Couldn't have been that easy if it took 3 weeks to do.

Fuck this is triggering

Mod?

Endless War gives me nothing on Steam Workshop.

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?741561-Endless-War-campaign-gameplay-overhaul-(new-preview-24-12-2016)

That's because it isn't done so it's not on the workshop yet.

nvm found it ;)

FUCKING CA!!! DROPPED DROPPED DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>this whole mod
Karl....had a hard life

>The TRUE von Carstein

I can't wait to cuck this dude with the new faction