Audi S4

Does anyone know what to look for when buying a used 2005 audi S4?

you should look for the previous gen is what you should be looking for.

>dat easy power ttv6

read the sticky pleb

why is the ttv6 better than the v8?

It's not

I am thinking about buying a 05 S4 with 60k miles for only $9000, anyone have any suggestions?

avoid unless you enjoy expensive timing chain tensioner repairs

Add bigger turbos, downpipe, exhaust, for big power on a modest budget (compared to modifying the v8 in the next gen).

stock, no, but if you want to modify it the ttv6 goes a lot further dollar for dollar.

I feel like i could drive it for another 40k miles then sell it for a little less than what i payed for it

Because the prior gen S4 was totally easy to work on, and reliable. Amirite?

>buying this over an e39 540i or m5
shiggy diggy

not looking to buy a car with 200k miles that has been driven to shit

>working on a car yourself
>buying an audi

these two do not go together

>m5
>not a shitbox

try again

at least it's not an understeering pig with memewheeldrive

>m5
>not a pig
O i am laffin

>this user knows the truth

anyone want to buy a gay as fuck e60 m5?

>even asking this
You didn't even bother to Google it, did you? The car has a massive problem that makes it a total money pit.

The entire cost of the car in fixing the timing chain tensioners

Could've literally googled it and been told that one.

>working on a car yourself
>buying an audi

>these two do not go together
But why? Are Americans too dumb?

>mfw my brother drove S5 for 2 years then gave up because it was in the shop literally every god damn day
>mfw I heard the phrase "timing chain" 36,000 times in a year
>mfw it's getting passed down to me

Gonna trade it

RWD... nevermind

The gear ratios on the manual are horiffic, the thing revs way to high in 6th for long drives so it just drinks fuel. Ironically, the automatic is the better option.

Audi also cheaped out on the timing chain tensioners, so the chain which should never need replaced actually requires taking the entire engine out to sort.

Don't bother, they are cheap for a reason. Get the older 2.7T one or save up and get an RS4. Or an M3.

This. Shit's up to 10k at a shop.

it's 12 years old so just about everything, actually let me correct myself.

It's a 12 year old Audi so I would say look at everything, it's well worth bringing it to a good Audi dealer with a tech who has lots of experience on that model not just because of the amount of potential problems, but also the severity of them. (Timing system prone to failure wedged against the firewall)

OOOO

Das auto

No one brought this up, but I bought one and sold it within 3 months. I fell in love with this car but it had an expiration date. Search up as much information as you can on the S4 V8 and the timing chain on it. Just go for something else, trust me. It's a great car but the timing chain snaps at 200k kms.

Should've gotten an RS4

>people who come to Veeky Forums for help instead of the forum dedicated to the car with heaps of information

why

A spare set of balls to replace the ones you lost.

the timing cain tensioners WILL fail on this gen S4 and they are right between the block and the forewall. This book won't pull your engine and put it back in.

this. The REAL s4 timing chain is the time it takes for the next owner to add to the chain of resells kek

..was that funni?