/ng/ -Nioh general

Kato edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>Little things to know

Your amrita counter turns gold when you have enough to level up.

If you're going to sell your gear, break it down first and sell the materials because they are worth more.

Using spirit stones will charge your spirit weapon.

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected, this saves time running back to your grave and also takes away the risk of losing all your amrita before you reach your grave

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour when you defeat them, these pieces are good but they often require investment into skill or strength etc. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon. This is a great advantage because your forged gear has lower requirements and you don't have to farm the boss all the time for more pieces.

>How do I join a clan?
It unlocks as you progress, everything will be daijoubu.

>Which clan should I join?
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most. Don't worry if the clan you chose is on the losing side (red or blue team), we've learnt this week that clans can change color if one is dominating too much.

old beta guide the could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

heres what i think: its a bug having to do with the level of the last mission you played. since no one forges weapons in NG+ it isnt that widespread. if your last played mission is the 310 demon king awakens, you have a chance to forge a lvl 310 weapon. someone needs to test this

>William Anjin
>weeaboo
Way to spot a retard. William doesn't even bang the Jap that wanted his dick because his Irish waifu is the most important thing in the world.

Does Hanzo have better chances of dropping the smithing scrolls in Veteran fight than in Adept?

no
if anything i have better drops in adept

Where do you farm Youngblood armor? I want to cosplay William from the cover.

I got a full set by just doing the first 2 main missions. It doesn't have a headpiece though, so don't be surprised.

It's unlocked like right away? Not worth building anyway since it needs yokai mats and is available as refashion

Historically he changes his name to Miura Anjin and has a Japanese family and stays in Japan until his death. He's the original Ken-sama.

Historically he weren't immortal.

How do you think the PvP will play out?

>so many people doubted the 190s and 320s

Not even close. Tokugawa forces him to change his name, forbids him from leaving Japan, and the only way he was able to communicate with his wife back in England was to sneak messages out through the East Dutch India company.

Tokugawa didn't want to give up his Anjin.

>stays in Japan until his death
To be fair that's because Tokugawa didn't let him go back because Anjin was his husbando.

>getting summoned is locked to ps+
>other online functions are not
i fucking hate ps+

awful
this game was clearly built for pve and attempts to bring pvp in pve game never worked out well

Awesome, I thought it could only happen on divine items, Now I can stop wasting fragments

Why would you want a non-divine weapon once these are unlocked?

i honestly would prefer this game to have no pvp at all
it will be complete horseshit and i dread to think that devs will actually listen to whiny soulshits

But why is it always the same one webm?

>Mission clear
>There are still a lot of enemies to kill
>They all go "Dogeza" due to the shame of failing to killing me

¯\(ツ)/¯

kara jishi might have the worst special move ever

its literally impossible to land his beam attack

try this with awakening
but yeah, he's one of the worst

That's why I always rush to finish a mission then go back and collect items as I please.

Like how Yokai just plain vanish, aside from biwas who lose their monk and keep hanging in the air playing silently

Don't you only see developer revenants without PS+?

no, you see revenants

I see this stated a lot, what gives you this idea? He did leave Japan on voyages multiple times and always went back, and whenever English traders went there he'd freak them out by acting too Japanese.

Yeah, but there are player revenants and those placed by the devs (red names)

It also does shit damage. I just use him for those passive abilities.

are you retarded? why do you need several webms to prove 1 thing right

i'm talking about player revenants
you can see all of them without ps+
use hidden teahouse stuff too

>host summons me to twilight bozu
>stands back and expects me to kill it for him
>I let it start beam then stand in front of him
thanks bozo

Good if the PvP is sumo matches.

>Fuko tells him her secrets for curves
>feeds him Chankonabe everyday
>first gaijin sumo
>William bulk melts Okatsu heart and causes her pants to drip
>Calls him her Vanilla Bear

I bet someone gonna abuse this emote

Like that mocktrough

best axe skills?

MODS

rude

Oh, so that's how that works. And here I was worried about not ever being able to outpace his buff.

Where the fuck are you getting him being able to travel from? That shit didn't happen. He was literally banned from traveling outside of Japan by Tokugawa.

He didn't get a chance to go back until 1613, and he didn't because according to his letter he hated the English captain that was in Japan at the time with the English trading company.

Why so?

Heaven and Earth, Roar, and Cloud Crush are your bread and butter. High combo ender, mid guard square, and low combo ender respectively. A lot of the other skills only really shine when you have the Intensity mystic art unlocked. Parry is fun but impractical.

>Where the fuck are you getting him being able to travel from? That shit didn't happen.
>He didn't get a chance to go back until 1613

????

You're also ignoring the fact he himself captained some of those expeditions.

Just for this cuck I went and made another

>Where the fuck are you getting him being able to travel from? That shit didn't happen. He was literally banned from traveling outside of Japan by Tokugawa.
>1614 Siam expedition
>1615 Siam expedition
>1617 Cochinchina expedition
>1618 Cochinchina expedition

>tfw the geishas are ignoring your mad sumo skills

Guess what nation those places aren't in. Guess what year those were also after.

Fucking this.

The constant whining for nerfs and shit will ruin the game.

Thinking of I killing myself and putting the PS4 on suspend before doing some other stuff so other kusaribroheims can get a shot at getting this.

How does coop work exactly? If someone has a mission done and does it with me, will it complete for me if he hosts?

Again he captained half of those and could have 'escaped' at any point during them, but always returned.

>He was forbidden from ever leaving
>Aside from those times he did, but they don't count

Okay then. I'm not trying to have a dick-waving contest here nigger, if there's any actual proof that Ieyasu forbid him from leaving before 1613 then please provide it, I'd genuinely like to see it if it exists.

how many tries did that take you?

You won't be able to be a visitor for that level if you haven't completed it, so he won't be able to host.

>host dies to ogress with 1 hp left

I just had some retard summon me for him a little while ago that did that shit. Just fucking ran around in the background letting me solo it.

Why do these morons even buy the game?
Seems like they could just watch fucking youtube vids if they just want to watch someone else play...

Which mystic art for spear?

Fluidity looks good

Can you save scum nioh with PS4 backup utility? I want to try some bullshit builds without wasting my reincarnation books.

Has anyone been soft banned from doing so?

When farming for scrolls, is it better to have luck or human item/equip drop rate? Also, are scrolls item or equipment?

Just play with your ps4 offline, then restore the save before you get it back online if you are that worried about it.

How can i up my chances to smith a purple gear?
or am i stuck at 33% chance? i cannot offer more purple material even though i have them

Yeah backup to a USB or turn off auto cloud saves in ps+

How do damage with Kusogegama?

you can get them after you beat way of the strong

200 toughness (blue number) is hyper armor on attacks

I have two toughness effects on my mixed kingo/wow set and got 200 exactly with prestige bonuses too

so both have to have finished a mission to coop it?

>Tenkai was Mitsuhide
HORI SHEET

oh shit is that it?

Low stance mash square

But who is best girl, OP?

Don't bother doing coop if you're not willing to help to kill a boss. Those cups are precious and you guys are just letting them go to waste.

Someone WILL fall for this bait

moth

High stance mash square

This
what the fuck are you even coop ing if you aren't willing to help?
If the player is that good he wouldn't have summon

Does anyone have link for the credits song? Can't find shit.

>yuki-onna
Ok either I got lucky with every boss until now or this bitch is a huge ramp up in difficulty. How do I kill her when she spams high damage hard to dodge attacks constantly

Can you get Shisenin's (the kusarigama trainer) mask?

what's the best green kusarigama? I accidentally disassembled my shiranui

>help

Kek

>level 15 twilight as level 100
Feels borderline cheating desu, i could use these horns so sorry onryoki, nothing personnel

>>Calls him her Vanilla Bear
>Vanilla Bear.

>do all the work
>"help them out"

>do 310 mission
>go forging for 320
>forge 100 items
>nothing

hmm

Do you ever unlock a Matsunaga disguise?

Since there arent any females I really wanna play as that evil fuck...

see

Well it depends, keep a minimal distance or she'll just spam the stomp.
At about half health she'll get this charge ability, simply dodge to the side when she's close enough or else she'll change direction and impale your ass.

Dream of You sung by Siedah Garrett, literally only English mentions of the song are Koei Tecmo fan wiki and a couple tweets.

He is cute as fuck. Shame he is the easiest boss in the game.

Anyone?

Where do I sell the smithing materials? I can't find it in the sell option at blacksmith.
Also how many dung shits do I have to give to the guy so he will let me pass?

fluidity is amazing but means you have to relearn all the timings for flux (you have to flux after the attack)

Why is he so big?

NEATO LITTLE SECRET:

Hitting a boss who is using Living Weapon with a Guardian Spirit Talisman cancels the LW. Worked 100% of the time last night against Otani Yoshitsugu.

Because he's Kintoki.

If you took his armor off would he die?

30 dung balls.

Because you are a manlet

also pls reply fampais

I hope they make a DLC where you play as Nobunaga and go in a killing and raping spree.

i coop for glory not to beat the game for them