/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Balance Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/13/homestead-guide-furnishing-crafting-faq
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/06/homestead-basics-guide
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/06/homestead-is-now-live-for-pc-and-mac

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/121127025

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321427/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-6#latest

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [New Player's Guïde]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes, no, maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Armor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best/funniest names you've seen?

>Wrobels_casting_couch.jpg

i don't find anything funny about "funny" names

t.Guy who got bullied due to his name

Magicka night blade seems like it would be a lot of fun for pvp. You've got permanent invisibility, fear, and a get out of jail free teleport.

>CP243 Mag NB
>soloing Soulfire in Auridon
>all three down about halfway, holding my own
>low level shows up and starts fighting
>gets walloped
>runs away, kiting one of the sorcerors
>sorc comes back at full health
>get my shit pushed in
>call him out over chat
>he says git gud
I know you're here you fucking faggot, if you cant hang then take the death but don't fuck up my shit.

top lel, that psychological projection. you'll grow up one day my insecure little friend. or maybe you won't

>soloing some wb can't remember where
>smart guy spamming light attack far away to get the loot
>I stop fighting and run away
>boss attack him and he dies

So that anti gank addon is ded right?

yh

Does this game have progression inflation problems or does it remain relatively flat/stable?
What I mean is that problem with MMORPGs where every bit of new content bumps the cap up higher and higher and you get huge gaps where skill doesn't mean jack because some shitter got to the content a week before you and is now literally unbeatable.

you will be playing against people that are literally unkillable. pvp in this game is dreadful. if that's what you're looking for then keep looking. eso pvp blows

Do you guys continue to play on 50's when your enlightenment is over or do you wait until the next day and play low level alts?

It's demoralizing to me knowing I'm getting 1/4 of the possible xp from quests.

jesus christ. you're not losing any exp and it's probably better to use enlightenment with your ambrosia because quests are not efficient for exp. stop being retarded, keep questing and grinding until you get 600 cheese pizzas

Do dailies reset every 24 hours or at a specific time?

I'm completely new and can't figure out which class will be both more useful during dungeon runs and enjoyable - magplar or a magknight?

As DPS? I enjoy my dunmer magknight. Close range fire damage everywhere. I wasn't too fond of Magplar as a DPS.

Magplar makes the top tier healer currently, however.

I definitely don't care about quests not being efficient for xp because grinding, is fucking boring. I can't tolerate grinding for more than about 10 minutes before I have to log off because I'd just rather be doing ANYTHING else.

you won't run out of any quests to do for a long time. if it's really bothering you then you can just queue up for random dungeons. you get 33k exp on completion

It took me 33 hours to finish Stros M'Kai, Betnikh, and Glenumbra.

Am I close to the endgame? I'm level 18. Every zone isn't as long as Glenumbra, is it?

Which skills should i empower with inner light as pve magplar?
Only shooting star or other skill too?

>As DPS?
Also as DPS, but would a magknight be capable of tanking and support?

I'm out of quests on 2 of my 50's aside from dailies/repeatables.

i think they are pretty much the same. then you have the dlc zones, cold harbor and once you're done with the main quest you get to go do the other faction quests

My main is a DK healer. It's pretty fun, as you focus on buffing allies and healing on the side. Stamknight is better for tanking due to shield blocking using stamina.

Stonefalls, Glenumbra and Auridon are bigger than the rest of the faction zones.

i don't believe you

>is equipment degradation gradual, or does it just break when it hits zero?

>en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Armor
"Previously, a single piece of armor's rating would gradually decrease as it degraded. As of patch 2.1.5, a single piece of armor's rating stays the same until it is fully damaged, after which its rating will be zero until repaired."

Guess there is a point to the repair kits after all.

I did silver and gold on 2 characters, DB, TG, Orsinium. Because I don't grind and don't really do repeatables it's only gotten me to CP 382.

I'm not bothering with IC though.

Working on 3rd character which is just about finished with coldharbor.

That's a relief

I liked Glenumbra but it felt way too big, just like the previous two islands felt a little too small

i guess complain to zos that the cp grind is too much. it is

I think you need to get good.

How often do new costumes get added to the crown store?

I could see myself spending too much money on this game if it's monthly or something

Not really, that's one of the reason why I like ESO. The gear cap is CP160 and that's it.

Now, whether they're going to increase it in the future is a different story. I used to think they weren't going to (and they haven't for like 2 years), but some dev comments made me think otherwise.

Me neither. It just breaks my immersion.

They reset at a specific time. For me it's exactly at midnight/12am

Mexico City time so convert it to your time zone.

>black sacrament for the modern age.jpeg

>My main is a DK healer.
pls be on EU PC

Consolefag here with a few questions for the PC players

What's the best way to farm furniture motifs, and which ones are sellin the best?

How much has the Jesus bean nerf affected your magplar gameplay?

What seems to be the most popular house players are buying?

any fellow healers here?
are these bars alright?
[1] Destro staff
>Radiant Oppression
>Breath of Life
>Purifying Light
>Elemental Drain
>Inner Light
>Nova
[2] Resto Staff
>Blazing Spear
>Combat Prayer
>Extended Ritual
>Rapid Regeneration
>Repentance
>War Horn

i am Champion 51 and this is for PvE content.
any suggestions on how to improve or some skill i overlooked?

NA PC

My suggestion would be to forego repetence to put inner light on your other bar. You're already feeding stamina to your tank with shards. I prefer healing springs over combat prayer for it's cheaper cost, but most high end healers take combat prayer for the damage buff.

I've had the best luck getting housing recipes from backpacks. Just loot every backpack that you see in the overland and delves. Widgets for making housing items come from the regular material nodes, except for decorative wax. Wax can come from crates, barrels, and sacks. Just check every one you come across. You can make almost as much selling the crafting widgets (regulas and heartwood seems to be the most sought after) as you can get selling recipes.

Ok which ones seem to be selling well so far? I ask because I make a good chunk of my gold crafting for other players and I figured furniture/furniture motifs can be very lucrative short term.

>Zenimax once again showed what the gaming development powerhouse is capable of
>creating one of the, if not THE best looking MMO ever made

>create a stamdps
>farm dolmen
>fighters guild already leveled up

>create a magdps
>farm dolmen
>grind
>chase skyshards
>tons of book to be read spread in all Tamriel

Why Zenimax don't just remove magicka characters then?

You don't have to chase skyshards on a stamdps?

>using anything except inner light from the mages guild skill line on a magdps

????

>What's the best way to farm furniture motifs, and which ones are sellin the best?
Pickpocketing and stealing from drawers. On PC right now it's generally 2k for green, 8k for purple, and I don't know how much purple goes for.

>What seems to be the most popular house players are buying?
Mournhold apartment.

>not unlocking good passives

???

Outside of Magicka Controller, there isnt a good passive on the mages guild line. Even then, that isn't detrimental to a player's DPS

What was the name of the mod where it shown crafting research?
I'm really lose in moding.

Anyone tried Frost Staff with a Mag DK in PvP yet? Thinking about dusting off my old Mag DK and giving it a shot what with the changes to Ferocious Leap and Coag Leap too.

Don't really see the point unless you gonna go full noob perma block I'd rather use up stam to block a couple attack than my much needed mana.

magsorc and magdk are fucking destructive this patch, I'm blowing people out the fucking water on this dk and it's only my second day I've played it in pvp.

CraftStore

Much thanks

Did Chuck Norris's eyes just blinked?

How do you make a female redguard face that is not ugly?

9am gmt for Europa

Right click on her and select "Convert to Breton style".

:^)

what should i train my horse in first?

speed

This and don't forget to make the noob quest in Cyrodiil to get your Rapid Maneuver.

Install , it warn you when you can feed you horse again.

thanks

No thanks, give me a blowjob. Do you have a tail, eh, eh?

just started with ESO, what are some must have addons?

Any suggestions for making the face better?
Or is it good as it is?

Vampires are truly the biggest edgelords around

>Gender: Female

Why is this allowed? How am I gonna be a dragmer at this rate

I accidentally went to tesg instead of tesog and I was confused why they were talking about getting CP out of the OP, then realized they didn't mean champion points. Skyrim has gone from being goty to a child raping simulator.

I use different permutations of my original name. Some fucker stole a couple of the combinations I wanted tho. Cunts.

>Skyrim
>goty

can i use my steam wallet to purchase ingame currency? i want a guar.

why wouldn't you be able to?

i bought a guar too. it couldn't be helped

yes on the shop page of eso
but i think the account has to be linked with steam

the monkey you get from the beta and the fact you can get a guar is the reason i bought the game in the first place honestly. i noticed that a few are/were time-limited, so i don't really know which to go for if i can even obtain one right now. whichever is closest to the ones from morrowind i suppose.

Is this good?

Elf/redguard/and Breton sell well. Argonian and khajit don't seem to move as fast.

>Finished getting all SkyShards, doing group events and all skill point quests for the third time.
>Realise my autism will drive me to do it a fourth time once the Warden comes out

Well fuck.

im looking at wikis now and
>the breed from morrowind was a limited-time purchase two years ago

kill me. does stuff like this ever come back?

generic/10

user I have bad news for you

higher cheek bones and low the eyelids a bit

>morrowind expansion coming out this year
>no new weapon skills, instead it's a non-morrowind related class

>no spear
>no throwing weapons
fuck you Zenimax

>all of the interesting lore in the actual morrowind game happens in a small timeframe around the main quest
>the entirety of the region and history will be completely different aside from flora and fauna

like this?

>nigga

what mounts will be in the morrowind expansion. if i dont purchase the expansion, will new content related to it still be purchasable to me via the ingame store?

i can't tell the difference

Not a lot of info is out related to it, but we do know that theres an armored warhorse with the collectors edition of morrowind.

well i'll just go with this one

i like cadwell. i just wish they would remove that fucking skyrim meme off his head

>have to manually set keybinds for each character you make

Kind of a pain in the ass tbqh fampai