Classic Car General

/ccg/-Classic Car General

Best Jensen edition

A thread devoted to all classics regardless of nationality or condition.

Other urls found in this thread:

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/6042356050.html
slo.craigslist.org/cto/6025527749.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Right now, which year is the cut-off for being classic?

I'd call it '79 and back, unless it's a specific body style that continued past then and didn't change significantly.

Like one guy has a '79 C10. Another guy posts his '83 C10. It's all good.

However, just because a 280Z is all fine and dandy doesn't mean a shitty 280ZX is okay. Sure, it's a classic by law, but it doesn't fit the theme around here.

Because i didn't get a chance to respond before 404.

A 225 can take boost fine for a long time.

do you guys dislike kit kat as much as we do?

Yes

good to know, y'all have a nice thread now.

C-can I start shitposting my fiero here?

Sometimes

No one will stop you. The legal definition of a classic had a rolling 25 year cutoff, but usually a classic needs something special. While an 85 beat to shit Civic isn't considered a classic, a 1987 Monte Carlo ss in mint condition would be

Fieros are classics, in some regards; for example, my '84 Indy is a classic due to its remarkable original condition and low production numbers.

I'd consider Fieros to be classics, overall, as well due to how radically different they are from modern offerings.

'81 reporting in
Waiting for the cold to fuck off

Fuck you Veeky Forums and your image size limits

My car's from '88, but it looks almost identical to the 1976 original so I like to think of it as a classic.

Them ferds

Some cars are classics earlier, some later. I'd put the cutoff between 20 and 40 years depending on the rarity, desirability and cultural or technological impact of the model.

The camaro now runs!

Fairlane feels like driving a couch. Worry about falling asleep at the wheel to be honest

That's why you drive with a cigar
>TFW only 6 Cubans left and need to order more

Kek

Where do you get your Cubans? I was smoking one a day awhile back, but that was when I had a steady source.

Cigarsofhabanos . Com

It was killer. Taylor Swift user recommended them, I got a box of 25 Cuban Monte Cristo No. 4s for 150 dollars, including shipping.

Shouldn't they be easier to get with the embargo being lifted

Yes and no. It's easier, but if you want to not pay out the ass you still have to through a grey market importer

I marathoned every episode of roadkill over two weeks and now desperately want a c10 stepside. I've never been into American cars before. How bad of an idea is this and what should I be looking for?

>How bad of an idea is this
It isn't, old trucks are fun

>What should I be looking for
Rust, electrical issues, bent frame or other issues vehicles can have

They look like it. The idea of a big old truck with a stupid amount of horsepower just sounds like a damn good time.

That's my goal for mine. I'm in the process of collecting parts to build about a 320hp 302 for it. Should be fun.

LBC 1980 Triumph Spitfire. One of the last to be imported to the US before British Leyland went under.

Why not just start with a 351?

He's retarded

Because I can get a 302 out of an explorer with the best factory heads Ford has, and with a little work make 320hp.

Down the road I definitely want a 351. Night b the motor after this one. This one is just my first engine swap on one of my own vehicles, and the first one I build

>Down the road I definitely want a 351. Night b the motor after this one. This one is just my first engine swap on one of my own vehicles, and the first one I build
You might as well do the 351 now. There is absolutely no reason not to unless you want to flush your cash down the toilet.

The cheapest way to over 300 horsepower is this way, 351w parts are more expensive and not add plentiful used around here.

This doesn't need to be a monster motor, and the 302 will be pretty easy to put all the parts on.

Another benefit is I can sell GT40 intakes to recoup some cash.

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/6042356050.html

how much money would it take to restore this thing to working order assuming there is minimal structural rust?

what does working order mean to you? the ad states that it runs and drives.

are you looking to restore it to fresh paint, clean body and interior?
If so, probably about $10-15k at least.

Too much

>No exhaust
>Trashed interior
>Mismatched wheels
>305
>Rust
>Paints fucked
>Visible bondo
>Missing bumper
>Yard full of cars
I'd pass tbqh famalam

far too much then.

From the ad, it appears to be a basket case

aw shit

>trump hat on something that blows hot air
Checks out

slo.craigslist.org/cto/6025527749.html

Yay or nay?

I'll give you that one. Its a Chyna turbo too

Maybe, it probably has the 6 which is fine.

Why do big block Fords make the most harmonious sounds?

>Dad would kick me out if a Ford showed up in his driveway

Wtf does he like instead of based Ford?

Chrysler.
To be fair he worked at Chrysler, as did my grandfather, and so would I if they didn't close it down. I'm not favorable to most Fords but something about the way those big blocks sound make me wet

So the little boot to the red lead fell off. The car has power, but every time you turn the key all electric turns off but nothing happens any idea? I wrapped some bare wire around the post and squashed it

Why is there a big ass crack in the relay?

Anyway i thought most carb'd vehicles shut off electronics while the engine is cranking.

Holy fuck if there is I'm pissed. Good thing I bought two of them

m80 look at that shit, it starts right on the top let post.
It may just be a trick of the camera but that thing looks like it's about to split like a banana

Well shit I'm retarded

dw bruv, it took me a week to find out my neutral safety switch wasn't plugged in.

Nigga that's fucking huge crack
How the fuck do you miss that?

I'm an expert on cracks 2bh and it was probably so hairline that it was unnoticable until he tightened the ground bolts.

Well kit kat is an expert on crack so I'm suprised he would miss something like that.

Top kek. Let's hope this fixes it

I think I was so focused on getting everything hooked up I didn't even notice.

A buddy of mine has an early 97 f250 with the 460, got rid of the Catalytic converter and back, then just put a glasspack and tailpipe out the side, sounds so fucking beast. Pretty damn loud too, when you downshift and engine brake

Best year f250

/ccg/, I need input. Ford in their infinite wisdom have plced a Torx headed bolt underneath the intake plenum, tucked into the ass end of "nearly unreachable" at the crossroads of "there is no vertical space." I've already dropped two T40 screwdriver bits into the dead zone and do not want to lose the last one I have. For reference, it's on an 89 Bronco, 5.0. Ideas for not losing the third and last T40 bit would be appreciated. I've got maybe an inch and a half of vertical clearance. Not quite enough to get ratchet in there.

a 1/4" t40 bit in the end of a 1/4 wrench maybe?

Ffs why do meth heads always assume they know how to wire shit?

LS swap

That's pretty much the plan at this point, actually. I had to hit up the auto parts store to get another bit since recovering the other 2 isn't possible right now. It came in a little set that has a 1/4" adapter and it might work. Might being the operative word. The next step if that fails is to try to get a hand wrench around the bit like I was doing before.

>every time you turn the key all electric turns off but nothing happens
Clean your damn battery posts and the clamps.
Also clean that lug on the battery cable. It looks dirty as fuck.

>less than 60 years old enough to be a classic
This thread has gone downhill

so a 69 mustang, camaro or challenger isn't a classic now?

Have they ever been? They wouldn't be included because they're not noteworthy as base models. Maybe a GTO or something

So as if having to mill the intake wasn't a fun enough problem, I thought I'd throw on the pulleys while it was at the machinist.

HAHA NOPE, remaned waterpump hub wasn't pressed on far enough so doesn't align with crank pulley and actually is so far out it hits one side of the v's.

This is only the second waterpump I've bought, first one was aftermarket and had a slightly bigger problem.

Battery is brand new. I'm going to go hard on the wires though. I might new leads if I get time this weekend

It was still hitting the balancer after this, and if I removed any more material the bolt hole would open.

you better pray to christ once you get a water pump to fit that it never dies on you.

lol I know right

Well I wasn't going to buy another fucking one, and I already painted two and I had painting shit so what does one do?

You call around local places to be hung up on when you tell them you need to press a hub on a water pump. (lol midas told me to fuck off basically)

But luckily a body shop of all places let me borrow their's

I'm convinced rotors have an endless amount of uses

and voila, still a little off but it looks worse in the picture.

Should do for now.

That makes no sense at all and here has never been any sort of rule like that

v belts have a little bit of wiggle room when it comes to not being line up on center perfectly. I've learned this when i had to make some brackets for a new alternator.

that still looks way off m8 can you shim it back out to get it lined up?

That's good, I heard you can have a 1/16 off and still be ok. I just remembered there's no gasket between the pump too so that should bring it a bit closer in too.

I'm picking up the intake tomorrow, pray 4 me.

Picture really doesn't do it justice, worst case scenario I can pull the hub back a bit with the puller but with the gasket I think I'll be just fine.

Yeah I hope it gets machined properly

oh yeah the other pic had it looking way off to me.

>cant unsee that goddamn face

kek

Where am I suppose to shitpost my 88 conquest now? Oooof

>There needs to be a /MG/

let's say a car has been sitting for nearly 25 years is undeniably a rust bucket but overall in 1 piece mostly, where would you start?

take a shit on the hood

the cats and rats are already doing that

oof

hey cool same year

Asked in a photography thread, would you guys happen to know what model Rolls this is?

How do you guys feel about base-model Novas? I really like a '77 I see on CL and I've actually projected a lot of sentimental value to that particular kind of car.

1977 is an important year for me for reasons, and I really kind of like how base-models of cars like the Nova (especially of that particular vintage) are the bastard-children of classic cars.

The one I see has the 305 and automatic trans, perfect for cruising in my opinion.

What do you guys think?
>pic related

Looks like a 60s rolls Royce silver cloud

Looks like it's a 1964 Silver Cloud III. Thanks m8

Base model cars are especially cool if you hop them up to make them fast. The SS clone thing is gay

Paint will be done April 1. Can't wait to see her.

Also, I apparently have a new windshield, since the glass company broke the original when they took it out.