/mcg/ Minecraft General

Cooking with magic edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=56RKj80B1Vg
imgur.com/a/PKVAo
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5u8o2g/current_state_of_magneticraft_looking_for_coders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for remove physicians

1st for Thaumcraft is a bad mod because research is too haaaaaaard D:

This shit > magic bullshit like thaumcraft

It begins.

What's your favorite cobblegen design?

I like this one, but mostly because of nostalgia.

youtube.com/watch?v=56RKj80B1Vg

Describe your perfect mod

After a lot of soul searching, I realized it pretty much breaks down to this:
>take things from movie or TV show I like
>put them in MC
It's all Matter Overdrive's fault.

A significantly more in depth and autistic version of atomic science with pollution and radiation mechanics.
Or a light based magic computer system with increasing mathematical complexity ending with calc, initially based off of the light puzzles from runescape's mourning's end part II

Traincraft 1.7.10

>not turning on "easy mode" research
Shouldn't really call it easy mode desu. More like non-tedious mode.

>It's all Matter Overdrive's fault.
What's this?

It's Star Trek stuff in MC. You can figure out the rest.

Fuck easy mode. After doing the early game grind on 5 different worlds, I just started unlocking all the researches and setting my taint to 0 with console commands. That part of the game was fun for a time (and I may even turn it back on again at some point), but now I just want to build cool magic shit.

It's hilarious seeing people bitch about a research system that they can completely disable if they had the giveafuck to.

A human sized robot that runs on POWER
You can give it basic commands: Stand here, attack anything that comes close, craft this, etc.
or There is a programmable logic to do multiple things.
Or you can take control of it ala "Sync" and go and do things with its life while not affecting yours.

>TL:DR Sync + NPCmod + BC Robots/Thaumcraft Golems

Another mod i wish was made is a "Perfect Screen" mod, where it's basically a 'modular' screen where you can type out anything you want, in various fonts to create Signs, Lists, or what have you
>Nuclear Control, RFtools, Practical Logistics

So im melting ores in mariculture now but can I auto output it from BC pipes into ingot casters?

Cyberpunk progression mod with Thaumcraft-tier aesthetic design.

Please don't tell me you guys are all using 1x1 magic cobble-creating blocks...

Is cobblegen really a lost art?

>start defining .json files for AgriCraft crops in 1.10.2
>no convenient "soil type" tag to put custom soils under
>have to manually add the custom soils to each and every crop that needs it

Something like GregTech, but without all the tedious time wasting.

So...not at all like Gregtech then.

I know this makes me a casual but I was overwhelmed by the number of ores in Gregtech. Can't imagine what they're all used for.

Posting it here as well I guess.

Can someone recommend me a non-traditional modpack that requires you to explore other mods than the currently popular ones? I've gotten bored of the usual steps of:
1. Grind TiCon hammer
2. Grind EnderIO/Thermal Expansion/Generic_Tech_Mod_#472834 machines

etcetc.

Preferably something with Immersive Engineering, that mod looks fun.

Factorio: The mod

oh yeah easy its the one you make yourself.

>not making a catchall object
come on nigga, that way you only have to do the hard work once

You craft a spellbook pre-iron age.
You can cast simple spells with the spellbook
You feed the spellbook blocks to gain experience (Like EE2's system). Can spend experience to get better stuff for spells or increase your stats.
No infrastructure.

Fuck new mods. I just want quality in-game manuals for existing mods like Gregtech, Blood Magic/Sanguimancy, etc.

>but user! Blood Magic already HAS an in-game manual!
You're right, but it's shitty and I still can't get a solid answer on which version of Guide API I should use to avoid the problem in pic related.

It's pretty telling of the state of the modding community that modders can't get together and agree on a standardized way to document features in-game. Too busy fighting each other for Patreon bux and Leddit gold to talk to each other I guess.

DnD monster and item mod

>blood magic's manual
even the parts that you can read are fucking awful

You're right, lemme just add all the mods I don't even know about to my imaginary modpack.
Immersive Engineering is the only "unique" mod I know about, that's why I'm asking if there are any modpacks that use it along with other lesser known mods, because surprise suprise, I don't know about lesser known mods.

That... Actually sounds pretty cool.

Like, if you wanted it to have the capability to be a "core" mod you could add spells that enhance the functions of vanilla blocks.

>Furnaces smelt/cook faster for a limited time
>Torches/lamps have larger light radius
>Crafting benches can auto craft
>Animals can do your logistics/sorting
>Just toss in the entire Runescape Lunar spellbook

Probably not what you're thinking, but that's aside from all the combat spells that would exist.
Shit, I would even do it myself if I knew how to mod Minecraft, but the thing's a clusterfuck.

When Botania "development" was winding down, Vazkii started making noise about putting together some tools to make it easier to implement a Lexica Botania-style manual for mods, but I don't know if that was all talk or not. Immersive Engineering has a good manual, but it doesn't project visualizations of multiblock constructions like the Lexica can.

>You're right, lemme just add all the mods I don't even know about to my imaginary modpack
The best way to find out about new mods is to _________________git gud faggot

We all learned about new mods by hanging around here and trying out new modpacks. If you want someone to do all that work for you, fuck you pay me.

>by hanging around here and trying out new modpacks

So uhh, you mind telling me of some of these "modpacks"?

>trying out new modpacks
>/mcg/ consistently shits on every pre-made modpack and tells people to just make their own

Some sort of roguelike mod.

>After a brief character setup, spawn inside a dungeon room
>Free reign to do shit that isn't tear down the dungeon
>Minimal crafting, most everything you own is looted or purchased
>Exceptions to this could include potion mixing and item repair; perhaps abandoned forges rarely spawn that allow you to tinker with weapons and armor
>Ramping difficulty as you go further and further down into the dungeon
>Identification and Cursed items system
>Difficulty that doesn't boil down to "throw a thousand armor enchanted skeletons at you"
>Some sort of legacy system that allows subsequent playthroughs to be modified through "talents" or "heirlooms" of some description
>Probably a shitload more that I can't really think of right now

Lurk moar. The last few threads, some kind user has been posting screens from new modpacks he's trying out. You can easily do the same by getting the Curse launcher or the Technic launcher and just finding one that looks interesting.

>>Oh wow, this modpack looks cool, but I'm afraid to try it out because some mean ol' neckbeards on /mcg/ will be mean to me if I do!
Is that really what you go through every time you see a new modpack? What a shitty faggot.

Veeky Forums is contrarian by nature. Sack up and deal with it.

might as well make a new game

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>Minimal crafting, most everything you own is looted or purchased
So you want to combine the worst aspects of Minecraft with a roguelike game? Why not just play an actual roguelike?

>le journey to the hardcore face

Fuck it, I'm game

Lol get ready for bullshit. Please post progress.

I gotchu senpai

The worst part about building big is that if you don't like it, there's no going back.

Guess I'll head for that strange, yet alluring light source to begin with.

I second this. This would be fucking fantastic, and slowly make your base more cyberpunk/technopunk.

Oh christ that's what those are

Spawned some obsidian on my head. Will report back when shit gets interesting.

Oh right this pack has smartmoving, gotta climb up shit. Sup mobs.

I forgot the screenshot on that one but it don't matter. None of this matters.

Got sportfucked by a "mother cave spider".
>Deaths: 1

And then died immediately upon trying to reach my corpse again 'cause I can't see shit cap'n.

I gave it a sporting chance but "lel xd hardcore" throw a million enemies at you packs don't do it for me. Let's try something else.

What are those glowing shrooms?

what pack is this?

>some sort of roguelike mode

Isn't that just Hardcore mode?

Journey to the Core.

The operative word would probably be "git gud", but alas. This one looks to be nautical themed.

From a mod called "WildCaves", dunno what they're for other than underground lighting in the "cave dimension".

Resource pack or modpack?
Former is Dokucraft, latter is Journey to the Core.

I remember playing this.

To those who don't know, it is a fucking hard as fuck HQM modpack, that has Epic Siege Mob AI.

Yogscast did a playthrough, for what it's worth. They were major retards about literally everything, but it doesn't even look that fun to play if you have your shit together.

>tfw nobody to co-op regrowth with and I cant even host

;_;

I created a world from the template given since that's usually the best course of action when playing these map-based sorts of modpacks, and ye gods what is this fuckin' cluster

The upstairs appears to be on fire. May as well try to salvage what I can.

oy vey goyim why don't you just pay ten dollars monthly for mister silverstein to host a server for you?

Every part of this image disgusts me.

Bro, if you start to feel queasy or ill, please for the love of god shut down that pack for your own safety.

I actually tried to play this, then I opened the quest book and saw one of the locked chapter names.

Never again.

Results of scuttling the ship before I got tired of punching out end rods. Getting hungry, might order a pizza.

Do not pray for me, friends, for my soul is already forfeit.

After leaving through the bottom hatch (and almost drowning in the process), I learn that there is no land. I'm expected to make my living out of the shipwreck. Guess I shouldn't have punched all that shit out, but live and learn I suppose.

The clearest place to begin would be to plant that oak sapling I collected while salvaging the ship for this quest here, and probably try to replace some of the shit I broke while I wait for it to grow.

Is it just me or are the vast majority of modpacks just...super unimpressive? I can't think of any modpacks that alter game mechanics in a novel way. It's always "MINECRAFT, BUT UR UNDER WATER" and "MINECRAFT, BUT YOU NEED TWICE AS MUCH STUFF TO MAKE ANYTHING"

I've seen more creativity out of vanilla Adventure maps than any FTB modpack.

Yeah, a lot of modpacks tend to just focus on a theme rather than any sort of real innovation. But hey, minecraft's audience eats that shit up so it's going to keep being the standard.

Yeah, at this point, gimmicks like that have gotten old. I don't mind if someone puts together a Skyblock pack or something, but it seems like a lot of them want to just railroad you along their personal tech tree.

That's because everyone with a couple brain cells can set up a modpack; on the other hand, making adventure maps requires a lot more effort and planning.

>on the other hand, making adventure maps requires a lot more effort and planning
Yet modpack makers are the ones making cash doing easy shit while adventure maps are still made by dedicated fans.

Why does MC have to have such a shitty userbase?

Magneticraft, Warpdrive and Matter Overdrive, clayium, Minefantasy2, Practical logistics and there you have some unpopular mods.

>>Why does MC have to have such a shitty userbase?
Jews.
Curse owns 90% of the community and has people who are relatives of their employees who work for mojang.
Of course they're going to engineer the community in a manner that makes them money.

>Curse owns 90% of the community and has people who are relatives of their employees who work for mojang
It's not that I don't believe you, but I'd like to add another string of yarn to my conspiracy board if you can give me some solid info.

>Official forums
>primary mod distribution platform
>biggest still not ded modpack distrubutor
>the biggest modded minecraft subreddit
>ftb has a few jewtubers like direwolf in their pockets, so they also control a sector of jewtube
etc.

Then of recent additions to the mojang team, I know prof mobius's - a thoroughly untalented retard who is part of the ftb circlejerk - sister(cousin?), someone related to him got on there, as well as a few people I can't remember because I couldn't give less of a fuck who they are.

And there were some really suspicious goings on at forge after lexmanos, the fat faggot who has absorbed the project, visited with the head cunt of ftb.

>Matter Overdrive
>unpopular
H-Hey, cmon it's not that bad...

This is the modlist on Adventure Awaits. Your thoughts so far?

I think it needs to be alphabetized

Since the other user hasn't named pretty much anything concrete, I'll point out that I've been trying to do some research on modders who are still around for 1.10+:

- The only mods I can name which are not on CurseForge yet "reasonably popular in the Western modding scene" right now are Dragon Mounts, FoamFix, OptiFine and Xaero's Minimap - out of those, three use some kind of ad-based link system and one was never allowed in modpacks in the first place. (Mekanism does not count as it has pledged to move to CurseForge ASAP, although currently it does use ad-based links - combined with a premium account system for capes and direct links - as of right now)
- Modders who are still active, although not popular/available on 1.10+, and don't use CurseForge or ads are GregoriousT (GregTech 6; GT5U is on CF) and TerraFirmaCraft's development team.

Is there anyone I've missed? Note that for the purposes of this exercise mods which do not have a community presence (such as copygirl's WearableBackpacks, which is a very nice mod by the way) or aren't part of the "Western modding community" (mcbbs/minecraftuser.jp) are not counted simply because (a) there's too many "mods which are too niche to be known" to count, and (b) Eastern modding cultures differ greatly from our own.

>Unpopular
>bad

Errata: WearableBackpacks does have a CurseForge mirror either way.

Mekanism also comes to mind, unless he's caved to being on the Curse platform.

>Mekanism does not count as it has pledged to move to CurseForge ASAP, although currently it does use ad-based links - combined with a premium account system for capes and direct links - as of right now

I missed that point, I apologize. I know he was always adamantly against the Curse platform, but seems reluctant to move over to it.

I forgot curse also owns the official wiki, not sure how that one happened.

He initially promised to release Mekanism on CurseForge in May 2016 - after being "in conversation with the Curse team for a while now" - and I believe he re-iterated it on Twitter sometime in late 2016, but so far we've seen nothing. However, Aidan is a pretty busy person nowadays.

they've threatened to kill his family

Your comment stinks twice as bad as the asshole you pulled it from.

t. curse hitman
don't think your secret is safe

i'd host if you don't mind pacific US

imgur.com/a/PKVAo
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5u8o2g/current_state_of_magneticraft_looking_for_coders/
>Magneticraft is fucking dead
RIP one of the best modeled tech mods out there.

F

Newfag here. Can anyone tell me how to easy manage which modded mobs spawn? At least how to make the custom mob sapwner disable mobs from mo´creatures (Yes, Ive already tried to erase the biomes from the txt, still spawning those horrid scorpions).

Did you just not hear about Skyfactory 3?
Just remove Chance coobs/loot bags and you're good.

>meme mods have shitloads of support
>the more promising ones get abandoned after one version

>kotlin

Mo'creatures' config doesn't work, period.
It's a shit mod, and is very buggy.

Its so sad that shitty mod makers like pam can even beg for money and get it yet he cant get someone to keep with the mod.
Whats so bad about it?

Unpopular =/= Bad

Thanks man.

nobody uses it for minecraft modding

I think Kotlin is as the coders, russian so that must be why the coders decided to use it